• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#21 3l1k

3l1k

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:36 AM

This rom is a mess. It is still very chinese and not english at default.

You don't see REAL CHINESSE rom :))

#22 Roger Calver

Roger Calver

Firmware Dev

• Global Moderators
  • 2,737 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:34 AM

Anyone know how to set the topbar on first boot to English & to change to keyboard from the one installed to a the normal Android one ?

#23 Drakoon1964

Drakoon1964

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:00 AM

I miss possibility to reactivate "Suspend Time Out"I liked this automatic hibernation :-)Is there an Idea?Thx

#24 Roger Calver

Roger Calver

Firmware Dev

• Global Moderators
  • 2,737 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:18 AM

Anyone know how to set the topbar on first boot to English & to change to keyboard from the one installed to a the normal Android one ?

I know its not good to quote yourself but Ive found the answer to this problem.If you simply delete the pinyinIME.apk in android_fs.tar /system/app this will remove the the alternative keyboard and replace with the normal Android one.Still has the Chinese script on the topbar but if you goto Locale & Test in settings it changes straight back to English, I do need to test on reboot.

#25 Roger Calver

Roger Calver

Firmware Dev

• Global Moderators
  • 2,737 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:21 AM

OK just test and on reboot the topbar is in English :), so I just need to fix that first boot issue - any ideas ?

#26 adso

adso

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:51 AM

Hi, First, a quick word to thank all the wonderful rom cooks. It really makes a huge difference from the original firmware.Some little questions for this ROM:* whenever I try to change the max CPU frequency in the app it crashes. I reflashed - same. Is it my brick or it's supposed to do that?* the hibernate feature would be really handy :)And the youtube app works on mine (with quite decent results) if I immediately tap on any other category rather than the 'featured' which is default. So: if I just launch it, it will crash. If I launch it and immediately click "most viewed" or any other one, it will hang in there, and I can search and watch videos - as long as I don't go back on 'featured' :) hope this is clear.Also, I see that there are a lot of apps installed that just seem to deal with the phone functions, which the flytouch obviously does not have. Could they be uninstalled?Thanks.

#27 Freekers

Freekers

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:39 AM

I think this ROM is great, but it should be treated like a BETA. I think it has been released too early, there are still some small issues in it which I would like to see resolved :)

#28 Roger Calver

Roger Calver

Firmware Dev

• Global Moderators
  • 2,737 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:43 AM

To be fair here all custom ROM's are beta and its the users risk to use them, I know from my own that it takes a lot before you can move them into stable release.The new OC kernel by Projectgus is a test that not everyone will want to do but so far in my M001 test rig its been very stable and efficient.

#29 blottr

blottr

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:54 AM

Awesome FW, but where is g-sensor settings?I want to play Labyrinth and it's need g-sensor game setting.BTW, FW is good.

#30 dembica

dembica

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:57 AM

not working in ly-706 :)

#31 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:04 AM

Doesn't yours boot into english after you change settings + local & text + Select locate Do the Text (select Android keyboard)There is a hidden feature to completely change the letters on the keyboard I found it out, but it forces you to use the default for English instead of Chn/ENG If you wait you'll see it when you type something off the browser a dialog window will appear with two choice as one being for Android.

#32 adso

adso

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:08 AM

I know you explained the hidden feature, but was not able to find it.could you please explain in a bit more detail? I'm happy with using ENG as default :)Thank you.

#33 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:11 AM

[quote name='adso;61291]Hi' date=' First, a quick word to thank all the wonderful rom cooks. It really makes a huge difference from the original firmware.Some little questions for this ROM:* whenever I try to change the max CPU frequency in the app it crashes. I reflashed - same. Is it my brick or it's supposed to do that?* the hibernate feature would be really handy :)And the youtube app works on mine (with quite decent results) if I immediately tap on any other category rather than the 'featured' which is default. So: if I just launch it, it will crash. If I launch it and immediately click "most viewed" or any other one, it will hang in there, and I can search and watch videos - as long as I don't go back on 'featured' :) hope this is clear.Also, I see that there are a lot of apps installed that just seem to deal with the phone functions, which the flytouch obviously does not have. Could they be uninstalled?Thanks.[/QUOTE'] You don't have to reflash just go into settings + manage applications + setCpu + clear the dataYour good to go again. Kernel is locked downI've made a SetCPU.txt for this device but it's reading from the root though.Max FREQ is 387MHz (default is 350MHz) but for speed we loose on the batter is always at 50%

#34 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:17 AM

[quote name='adso;61439]I know you explained the hidden feature' date=' but was not able to find it.could you please explain in a bit more detail? I'm happy with using ENG as default :)Thank you.[/QUOTE'] Am trying to recreate the trigger for the hidden popup dialog box to appear. It was something I had type under the browser URL which gave me the option to force the unit to use the Android Text English Only Keyboard. Once this it done you can't turn back.

#35 Roger Calver

Roger Calver

Firmware Dev

• Global Moderators
  • 2,737 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:41 AM

[quote name='tipstir;61434]Doesn't yours boot into english after you change settings + local & text + Select locate Do the Text (select Android keyboard)There is a hidden feature to completely change the letters on the keyboard I found it out' date=' but it forces you to use the default for English instead of Chn/ENG If you wait you'll see it when you type something off the browser a dialog window will appear with two choice as one being for Android.[/QUOTE'] I actually changed the firmware to make it English at first boot and also removed the chinese/english keyboard and go back tothe defualt Android keyboard.The problem I still have is the topbar is in chinese on first boot, when I goto the language setting to turns straight away to English and stays like that on each reboot.

#36 Freekers

Freekers

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 12:11 PM

@3l1k: Any ETA on an updated version (0.3) ?

#37 3l1k

3l1k

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 12:18 PM

@3l1k: Any ETA on an updated version (0.3) ?

i don't plan it for a while - more things i want to fix/include and test.i think better is ask HidePerso or Roger Calver to build another custom rom

#38 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 12:26 PM

[quote name='Roger Calver;61473]I actually changed the firmware to make it English at first boot and also removed the chinese/english keyboard and go back tothe defualt Android keyboard.The problem I still have is the topbar is in chinese on first boot' date=' when I goto the language setting to turns straight away to English and stays like that on each reboot.[/QUOTE'] Can you post of image of what you mean. I don't see this and maybe because I am using Home++

#39 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 12:27 PM

This is just nowPosted ImageHome++Posted ImageEverything you see including the wallpaper is in Mega Powertools 2010 installer

#40 coanks

coanks

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 12:27 PM

hope final version will be released soon :)