If every happy user of this rom would just donate something I could invest more time in all these Android projects.
What doesn't work
Probably many other things won't work (btw, if they'd release the code things will be MUCH better) but these are the things i noticed:
* Keyboards: the feedback on the key press is sluggish (anyway it seems that SwiftKey is working decently). Allwinner's Android framework code would fix this problem.
* Accelerated video playback is supported by MX Player in HW+ mode or using a local UPNP server like BubbleUPNP and setting MX Player in HW (not HW+) mode. This last method plays pretty much every kind of video but Hi10p ones.
* Camcorder doesn't work but I might consider this as a feature since I really don't wanna that you guys look like iPad users that go around the world filming stuff with something pan-sized
* Bluetooth USB dongle support
* USB GPS support (cp210x and pl2303)
* Xbox 360 gamepad support (xpad)
* PS3 USB gamepad support (hid-sony)
* Generic / chinese (Pantherlord / GreenAsia) gamepads support (hid-pl and hid-gaff)
* OpenVPN support (tun)
* Veno congestion control algorithm
* You need TWRP to be able to flash this rom. Read the linked thread for instructions.
* Put rom (aokp_spark_unofficial_$DATE.zip) and gapps (gapps-jb-$DATE-signed.zip) files inside internal or external sdcard.
* Turn on the tablet in recovery mode as explained in TWRP thread.
* If this is your first install select "Factory reset" from "Wipe" menu.
* Flash rom (aokp_spark_unofficial_$DATE.zip), gapps (gapps-jb-$DATE-signed.zip) and, if you're installing this rom on a device that is not the Spark, the required compatibility zip.
* Now select "Reboot".
* Enjoy AOKP!
Changelog & download links
* First build (what works on CyanogenMod works here as well)
ROM 2013-04-11 (md5sum)
* Onda V972 (v2.0 based) 2.0_rc1
* Onda V812 (V1-V4) (v2.0 based) 2.0_rc2
* Onda V812 (V5) (v2.0 based) 2.0_rc1
* Nextway F9X (v2.0 based) 2.0_rc0
* Chuwi V99 (v2.0 based) 2.0_rc1
* Onda V813 (v2.0 based) 2.0_rc0
* Onda V811 (v2.0 based) 2.0_rc0
* Freelander PD80 (v2.0 based) 2.0_rc0
* Chuwi V10 (v2.0 based) 2.0_rc0
* If your devices doesn't have a volume rocker you can install one of these apps to control volume from the notifications: Volume in notification, TrayVolume
* WiFi now can stay enabled with display turned off. Note that if WiFi is enabled the tablet won't enter deep sleep so if you're more interestead in battery life instead of an always on WiFi change policy (on "Advanced" WiFi settings) from "Always" to "Never" and select your preferred WiFi timeout.
* Internal memory is mounted at /storage/sdcard0, external sdcard is mounted at /storage/sdcard1. If you wanna swap them (and make primary your real microsd) just edit "persist.sys.vold.switchexternal=0" to "persist.sys.vold.switchexternal=1" in "/system/build.prop" file
This post has been edited by Christian Troy: 10 June 2013 - 10:06 PM