• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 manfly9884

manfly9884

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:45 AM

Hi all. Just wanted to share a new ROM I found. Very sleek with a working marketEnjoy: PandoraDroid Tab - *Touch is Best* tcc8900 - AndroidSPIN Forums

#2 sifon187

sifon187

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:54 AM

Looks very interesting, may try this later.

#3 smokeM

smokeM

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:08 AM

I'm not sure what this adds other then a different interface/apps? Am I missing something? No new hardware features added right?

#4 cpg716

cpg716

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:30 AM

Um, I think its Linc's update with Avatar theme, thats it..CPG

#5 onihiro

onihiro

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 10:17 AM

Will this remove all my apps Sent from my GenTouch78 using Tapatalk

#6 manfly9884

manfly9884

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:47 PM

This will erase all your apps like with any ROM installed new. You must must apply both updates, the later one will give you back your Google apps and the slick themeNote: This ROM will give you a new Kernel.

#7 cpg716

cpg716

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 10:00 PM

[quote name='manfly9884;59071]This will erase all your apps like with any ROM installed new. You must must apply both updates' date=' the later one will give you back your Google apps and the slick themeNote: This ROM will give you a new Kernel.[/QUOTE']Where do you get that it gives you a new kernel?CPG

#8 mogrith

mogrith

SlateGeek / Wiki Mod

• Global Administrator
  • 2,428 posts
  • LocationBrea, CA

Posted 16 September 2010 - 10:35 PM

List of changes. No new kernal noted on thread.ChangeLogPandoraDroid Tab v1.0.0*Removed Apps*-Launcher.apk-MaplePlayer.apk-566951.apk-AndExplorer.apk-AndroidPdfViewer_1_0_0b.apk-com.skype.android.lite.apk-DroidLive205.apk-fringAndroid.apk-Hi_MSN_6_0_5.apk-iReader.apk-quickoffice.apk-StreamMediaPlayer.apk*Added Apps*-ADW.Launcher [NEW]-3D.Gallery.apk [NEW]-Maps.apk-MarketUpdater.apk-Music.apk-RotateD.apk-SettingsProvider.apk-SpareParts.apk-Superuser.apk-CustomLocale.apk-Development.apk-Email.apk-GlobalTime.apk-Gmail.apk-GmailProvider.apk-Talk.apk-TalkProvider.apk-Vending.apk-YouTube.apkModed Apps for Pandora ThemeModed Build.prop for market fixMarket tested to work

#9 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 12:03 AM

I'll give it a try, thanks for sharing it here!

#10 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 12:20 AM

Okay this looks like just theme mod ROM that's about it. I already have my Home++ and my own 3D wallpaper of a forest everything is running at 660MHz. This theme ROM looks okay but how much system resources are going to be need to run it. Author already mentions hes using 8GB Class (4) with it.

#11 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 12:45 AM

Slide show of imagesNote Authors email is in one of the photos. You can contact him for questions.

#12 cpg716

cpg716

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 09:06 AM

And btw, this doesnt fix market, if you havent done the Non-ugly market fix then Market won't work...or stops after a few days.CPG

#13 sifon187

sifon187

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 05:38 PM

So it is basically a skin for Avatar.... eh

#14 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 06:27 PM

Looks like the same ROM Rooted v3 and taken out the Blackjack Droid out of the picture with some tricks. Home++ good enough for me thanks. I'll keep that in for now. Though I was going to give the German ROM a spin and see how that looks.

#15 JesterDroid

JesterDroid

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 01:25 AM

Hey thats my rom here! hehe.. ok so for you all to know.. for the most part it could be considered a theme since it is linc's base. but i also have made mods to the framework bringing a different music player from the CM6 rom, its different than the stock one from gentouch, it gives you the better music widgets as you can see from the screen shots. and also did more work with build.prop with different finger strings for the market that allows more results including paid apps from my testing experience. also worked with anderweb and got permission to include ADW.Launcher as default home so has more of a CMod feel to it. since all the 2.1 and 2.2 roms like HTCClay rely on cyanogen mod to change status bar colors under settings, i just finished decompiling and recompiling the services.jar and some xml files in the framework-res.apk so the future releases will have a black bar with white status text including date. i have been around the android community for a long while so others know i have done my part on the G1 development since last year with a rocket hero rom that i had help with from drizzy but was my personal release based on sapphire sense which was super fast! thanks again for including my rom here.. i will also post the new one on SD soon as it is finished.JesterDroid

#16 JesterDroid

JesterDroid

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 01:30 AM

[quote name='cpg716;59455]And btw' date=' this doesnt fix market, if you havent done the Non-ugly market fix then Market won't work...or stops after a few days.CPG[/QUOTE'] actually the mods i did works quite well, i been running it for a while and as matter of fact, i get updates showing up in the status bar and after going to downloads and updating them, it goes thru no problem B)

#17 JesterDroid

JesterDroid

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 01:33 AM

Looks like the same ROM Rooted v3 and taken out the Blackjack Droid out of the picture with some tricks. Home++ good enough for me thanks. I'll keep that in for now. Though I was going to give the German ROM a spin and see how that looks.

im not sure what blackjack droid is.. i've had JesterBlur/JesterDroid development for over a year now since G1 first got root. i was huge in XDA as jesterdroid and now im over at androidspin B) now i will be here since i just created an account lolJesterDroid

#18 Mp4

Mp4

Admin Ninja

• Administrators
  • 2,558 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 02:24 AM

Welcome, any friend of xda is a friend to slatedroidSent from my Eris using Tapatalk

#19 JesterDroid

JesterDroid

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 02:27 AM

Thanks!! i love the android community! glad to be part of yours here at SD!jesterdroid B)

#20 cutterjohn

cutterjohn

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 07:57 AM

im not sure what blackjack droid is.. i've had JesterBlur/JesterDroid development for over a year now since G1 first got root. i was huge in XDA as jesterdroid and now im over at androidspin B) now i will be here since i just created an account lolJesterDroid

He probably meant the piratical android character boot screen that Linckraker added to his modded v3 update, replacing the plain old android boot guy...Nice looking ROM... ...but... mine's going back in a few weeks unless they start coughing up some source...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users