108 replies to this topic

#1 Roger Calver

Roger Calver

Firmware Dev

• Global Moderators
  • 2,737 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:33 AM

The beta test is now available to download hereSlatedroid Mercury Beta M002 Edition - Downloads - SlateDroid - The BIGGEST Android Tablet Forum on the Web!Please use this thread to report any issues and to provide feedback.Rog.

#2 beingboston

beingboston

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:36 AM

Are there any known issues? Any reason not to upgrade from the stock image?

#3 Intri

Intri

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:19 AM

How is this firmware different from M001, please?

#4 kenny111

kenny111

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:38 AM

This one is better than M001 Relax 1.9.7 that i use till today with my M002, very fast, first boot after 9 min. Market works, WLAN too. I need only manual screen rotation and nothing else.

#5 mammlouk

mammlouk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 10:32 AM

Roger I will give it a download tonight. As beingboston asked are there any known issues? I know you don't have an m002 but I was thinking I read that Lefeudedieu does.Has anyone tested the camera? My experience with 1.9.1 is that the camera works fine again, but only in the camera and camcorder apps and not in any third party apps.

#6 beingboston

beingboston

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 12:33 PM

I made the jump over lunch, it runs alright. Here's a list of some errors i found:I go into the About in the settings it crashes.Try to check the keyboard, crasheswhen using the launcher, sometimes when I change the orientation the top bar disappears til i change the orientation againI don't have wifi connection right now so i'll have to test more when I get home.Tim

#7 Intri

Intri

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:20 PM

I confirm the problems with About and keyboard settings. The speed seems to get yet another significant improvement, Music no longer crashes. Great job.

#8 Roger Calver

Roger Calver

Firmware Dev

• Global Moderators
  • 2,737 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:55 PM

I will be looking at these issues.

#9 crizzjb

crizzjb

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 10:33 PM

[quote name='Intri;58793]I confirm the problems with About and keyboard settings. The speed seems to get yet another significant improvement' date=' Music no longer crashes. Great job.[/QUOTE'] hi,, i also facing the same problem even with relax 1.9.7,, i choosed to use relax at this moment is bcoz i still feel that its faster,,,maybe coz the mercury still under beta and for m003.. the screen respond was slower compared to relax,,,both roms not supporting camera,,,anyway i will install this mercury for m002 version again,,thanks for the great job roger and team...

#10 mammlouk

mammlouk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 09:51 AM

[quote name='mammlouk;58691]Roger I will give it a download tonight. As beingboston asked are there any known issues? I know you don't have an m002 but I was thinking I read that Lefeudedieu does.Has anyone tested the camera? My experience with 1.9.1 is that the camera works fine again' date=' but only in the camera and camcorder apps and not in any third party apps.[/QUOTE']No camera... bummer. I think that for an M002 specific rom it is a deal breaker to not have camera support. Sure it may not be extremely useful to start with, but it's still the primary distinguishing factor between the m001 and m002.

#11 Simmeon

Simmeon

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 12:01 PM

Once I get my M002, i will try this.

#12 yomike

yomike

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:36 AM

Camera functionality has been lost and would be nice to have back. Some apps like YouTube and Maps that I downloaded from Market didn't work so I loaded them from the original Eken 1.9.1 to get them to work.Other than that, good speed and functionality.,

#13 Kiddy

Kiddy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 06:48 AM

32mb free RAM on startup. Sounds little. Is it correct?!

#14 Kiddy

Kiddy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:52 PM

How is it possible to check the battery level ? The icon on the statusbar is always showing full when not charging. And battery status in lockscreen says: "Charged" even after 1hour.Its not possible to enter Settings->About since its Force Close all the time.Whats the best way to check battery? Need to have controll of it ...

#15 LeonardvanCane

LeonardvanCane

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:59 AM

Hey Guys, for first time sorry because my english isnīt so good. I donīt know if this here is the right place for my Question but i need a little help. I tried to flash my, i think it is an Eken M002, for a long time. I flashed so many Firmwares from the Forum that i canīt count it. The Problem from me is the Touchscreen, he doesenīt work in so many Times. The only Firmware where the Touchscreen is working is this one here Eken M002 firmware - Downloads - SlateDroid - The BIGGEST Android Tablet Forum on the Web! but i need a working Touchscreen on the Mercury Version. So, i hope someone can help me and say me what i can do. Thanks to all. Mathew

#16 Roger Calver

Roger Calver

Firmware Dev

• Global Moderators
  • 2,737 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:24 AM

M002 Slatedroid Mercury RC now available.This is untested !,M002 Slatedroid Mercury RC - Downloads - SlateDroid - The BIGGEST Android Tablet Forum on the Web!

#17 locomot

locomot

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 09:35 AM

Ïf I turn my tablet upright program menu doesn't work. This is for beta. :)I now try the new one. Thanks. :P

#18 Roger Calver

Roger Calver

Firmware Dev

• Global Moderators
  • 2,737 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:03 AM

Im uploading new revision with fixed boot logo's and if the download section is still down I will host it (and get others to do so).

#19 Roger Calver

Roger Calver

Firmware Dev

• Global Moderators
  • 2,737 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 September 2010 - 10:42 AM

M002 Slatedroid Mercury RC (Logo Fixed).7z - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

#20 SeriousUser

SeriousUser

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 04:44 AM

Hi Team,Thanks for your good work. I just downloaded your latest SlateDroid Mercury RC ROM and tonight I will see how it compares to Eken's latest ROM, Version 2.0 (Android Market works great on the "Plus" version of this ROM released here on SlateDroid.).Gradually I am figuring out the confirguration file for the RT2780 WiFi card so that it is appropriate for someone in Japan. So far I have been able to get stable connections with constant data trasfer for three hours or more. It is a long and winding road.