Dead Momo 12 - Help Please
Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:40 AM
My device will no longer turn on after being left charging the last time. The tablets battery was dead before charging and when connected to the charger the little penguin logo appeared and it seemed to be charging. It was a couple of days later when I went back to it and it is now completely dead.
What I have tried:
1. Turning on with Power button. (Nothing happens)
2. Pressing and holding reset button. (Nothing Happens)
3. Staring up in Firmware update mode like when I installed Romans TNT Firmware release 1. (Computer does not acknowledge it and nothing happens)
4. Confirmed with a meter that 12v is coming from the charger.
5. Removed back of device and measured battery voltage as 8.28v. (Stated voltage is 7.4v so appears to be fully charged)
6. Removed circuit board and while plugged into charger measured 12v on terminals of charging jack on under side of circuit board.
I am now running out of ideas and hope that someone can advise.
Thank you in advance for your responses.
Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:34 AM
I had exactly the same problem.
I also measured the voltage and find the same you did.
I decided to send the Momo12 back and received it back 2 days ago, took about 6 weeks in total
It was a new unit that I received back
Cost me in total 65 Euro,transport and tax.
I hope you will find a solution.
Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:09 PM
Here's what happened to me, I was using the tablet last saturday to skype, i plugged it in and left it for a few hours and that's it - nothing.
All initial symptoms are the same as you mentioned except i cant send the unit back as im using the tnt v3 rom (thanks roman!).
So reading round the forums you can short the nand by bridging some pins on a chip or by shorting some jumpers on a board - trouble is that none of the guides ive seen are suitable or the momo 12, can anyone point me in the direction of the pins or jumpers to bridge so i can reflash with the rkbatch tool?
thanks in advance.
Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:45 PM
I had also added a Roman rom but sent the unit back anyway as it wasn't the rom that caused the problem. I had even told them in a previous e-mail that I wanted to add a Roman rom and was struggling to get it into firmware update mode.
I purchased from Ebellking. I had to foot the carriage cost back to China and then back to me in the UK but I got a brand new tablet out of it. I would suggest sending it back if you can't find another solution.
Hope you get it sorted.
Sorry for late reply but I am on holiday at the moment.
Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:57 AM
Best regards and good luck.
Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:52 PM
Tablet is not new but I'm not too fussed about that it is working and that's all I'm worried about.
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4
- ← Top Notch Tablets - Ployer Momo 12 - Firmware Release 2
- [ROM] Ployer Momo 12 - TNT Release 3 - Top Notch Tablets →