#41 mogrith

mogrith

SlateGeek / Wiki Mod

• Global Administrator
  • 2,428 posts
  • LocationBrea, CA

Posted 04 October 2010 - 05:44 PM

[sigh]I am TRYING to be the shepherd...

More like the sheepdog. Bark bark ... Bark Bark BARK.

#42 sifon187

sifon187

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 05:52 PM

Thank you.And I asked for recommendations for class of SD card specifically noting that I was interested in using the PDN for video playback. If I had failed to do so, wouldn't you just be complaining about how you are unable to give a recommendation without giving any context?

A quick search will bring up a bunch of threads talking about class.

#43 bornagainpenguin

bornagainpenguin

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 11:26 AM

Could you please reattach this file to the thread in question?http://www.slatedroi....html#post72562--bornagainpenguin

#44 lawman

lawman

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 12:30 PM

answered your pm. will try if I can after work.

#45 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,276 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:30 AM

IMHO Too many stickies again. Clutter creates confusion.

#46 Mark Adams

Mark Adams

PDN Wiki Master, Speaker to n00bs

• Global Administrator
  • 2,338 posts
  • Location41.6927560 / -83.5456899

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:44 AM

IMHO Too many stickies again. Clutter creates confusion.

Agreed. You can start by un-sticking the comparison threads. And why is the PanDigital White Novel / Tablet Hybrid Max Internal & External Storage RAM thread locked? Plus, while interesting info, hardly critical.

#47 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 12:39 PM

Agreed. You can start by un-sticking the comparison threads.

And why is the PanDigital White Novel / Tablet Hybrid Max Internal & External Storage RAM thread locked? Plus while interesting info, hardly critical.

Popular post, I had stick it! Locked the one I created for Max Ram(reason being it was just (info/rant) for all members, new and old and the guest so don't blame Lawnman. Anyway it's fixed now you can add comments and I did switch the ePad vs PDNTH in place of solo reviews on PDNTH I create to help everyone out.No harm was intended members. I do still think Off Topic Thread needs to be here because if where not talking about PDNTH Rooted and mixing other non-based PDNTH, netbook / table hybrid and such in the mix then it gets unclear? I am just here to help Lawman as he running the show here.

#48 lawman

lawman

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 01:29 PM

Don't stick things because they're popular. If they're popular, they will recur under "what's new." Stick things that are ESSENTIAL, and there should rarely if ever be more than 5 stuck because they will appear on each page of the board and clutter things.

#49 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:33 PM

Don't stick things because they're popular. If they're popular they will recur under "what's new." Stick things that are ESSENTIAL, and there should rarely if ever be more than 5 stuck because they will appear on each page of the board and clutter things.

Not a big deal at the time! Just was at the time it was a Wow Factor! Interesting but it has faded down the line. Just not enough VS (viewing space) to in stick post threads so I guess here everything has to be dump on the main and then fished around for it. If you care to see my site you can see what I've done. True like this site it hasn't been up too long. Gives you ideal of it's structure. But you've done pretty good here in such a short time. Good to stay on top of things. See ya on Facebook Pandigital Novel / Tablet Hybrid, don't be shy to say hello! :)

#50 lawman

lawman

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:49 PM

22,000 members.

#51 sifon187

sifon187

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:54 PM

22,000 members.

Wowziers

#52 Mark Adams

Mark Adams

• Global Administrator
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 10:47 AM

Hmm, have you guys decided to unclutter the stickies, or read the new Sticky thread? Come on, I know this is a hobby, not a job, but there are still too many stickies.

#53 mogrith

mogrith

SlateGeek / Wiki Mod

• Global Administrator
  • 2,428 posts
  • LocationBrea, CA

Posted 16 October 2010 - 11:20 AM

Mark has been doing a good job on the wiki So most of the sitckies can be merged into one with wiki links. Won't be too icky.

#54 JulieB

JulieB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 11:27 AM

One thing I've noticed about the stickies is they tend to be the "start here to do this" type of things. Perhaps you could sticky in index to important topics?A writers forum I belong to has a giant subforum for discussing agents and publishers. (Are they legit? If so, what are turnaround times on queries, do they pay up? That sort of thing.) It got so big that a mod keeps a sticky with an index that she updates on a periodic basis. I don't know if that would work here, but I'm just putting it out as an example of how another forum deals with things.

#55 geebekazoo

geebekazoo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 16 October 2010 - 11:39 AM

JulieB, that sounds like a GREAT idea!

#56 lawman

lawman

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:55 PM

Hmmm. A sticky of links... Doesn't the sticky to the wiki do that?sticky wicki.wicki sticky....

#57 HWgeek

HWgeek

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:20 PM

Dunno about this one but it was a... come on already, read the wiki ... sheeze... Also thinking it was better in the main forum not the mod's... http://www.slatedroi...el-modding.html

#58 lawman

lawman

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:36 PM

Saw it. Felt charitable. Going to start handing out infractions.Mark, did you destick the new nchanterman help thread?

#59 Mark Adams

Mark Adams

• Global Administrator
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 07:42 AM

Saw it. Felt charitable. Going to start handing out infractions.Mark did you destick the new nchanterman help thread?

Not me. I didn't close the old beginner's thread either. Posted a final notice, went to close it per your suggestion, and it got closed while I was typing.Sent from my Hacked PDN TriCorder via Tapatalk

#60 lawman

lawman

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 10:40 AM

As a rule, we should stick things that everyone needs to see. The beginner's guide, etc. If the 2.2 thread is going to be incorporated to the wiki it may not need to stay stuck for long. If it's an active thread it will always be at the top of "what's new." Nch has a good idea about a general help thread though, and sticking that may make sense.