• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#21 lawman

lawman

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:22 PM

So be it. I have declared it thus. Let the devs know, particularly nchanter, roebeet, clockworx, hatax... who am I missing off the top...

#22 WIK

WIK

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:30 PM

Oops my bad. Laptop froze while editing and I accidentally wiped everything before the hacking instructions --- then we both were reinstalling the original outline at the same time. You got most of it Wik, thanks. Confused me at first, which is pretty easy actually. I fixed the links I made to my mirrors of the OEM FW zips and also wrote a couple of paragraphs in the empty Overview section which describes the PDN's initial release history, differences between the White and Black, and that we're going forward with development despite lack of source code.

LOL, scared me for a minute. Thanks for cleaning up those areas, Mark. The better and clearer we can make the wiki, the fewer noob questions we'll get in the discussion threads.

#23 Mark Adams

Mark Adams

PDN Wiki Master, Speaker to n00bs

• Global Administrator
  • 2,338 posts
  • Location41.6927560 / -83.5456899

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:42 PM

I note with irony that as punishment for my hijacking threads yesterday with talk of pony farts, this thread has morphed into telling Mark how to do his job.

#24 booyogi35

booyogi35

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 06:24 PM

im a noob so, i dont rate. but if poss to have threads placed in chronological order by first posting might help. earlier post earlier issues. could prevent people asking old questions cause they got tired of looking.

#25 lawman

lawman

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 06:37 PM

the threads are in chronological order by last post if you click on the pandigital novel discussion board rather than using what's new. otherwise, I don't see that happening, as it might be pretty complicated to reimplement. pm mp4 and ask him about it.

#26 lawman

lawman

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 06:39 PM

I note with irony that as punishment for my hijacking threads yesterday with talk of pony farts this thread has morphed into telling Mark how to do his job.

What, you want your own thread?this thread started because of your pony farts stuff... only appropriate.

#27 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,098 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 September 2010 - 07:30 PM

im a noob so i dont rate. but if poss to have threads placed in chronological order by first posting might help. earlier post earlier issues. could prevent people asking old questions cause they got tired of looking.

Under "Thread Display Options"you can check the button at the bottom of the forum page to view threads in ascending or descending order according to your personal preference

#28 clockworx

clockworx

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 10:59 AM

I had brought this up before, but since the roebeet's and nchntrman's ROMs are recommended and/or acceptable for mainstream use, they don't really belong in the dev area (where we eat newbies for lunch)you might want to do one of the following:1) Move their threads to the "main" PDN forum.2) Create a new forum for ROM releases.3) Optionally, make the new Cruz subforum a general "custom ROM releases" subforum.Also, a "Help" subforum, where you post questions that need help. That would probably help a lot with clutter, provided people don't ignore it completely, which of course they will.

#29 mogrith

mogrith

SlateGeek / Wiki Mod

• Global Administrator
  • 2,428 posts
  • LocationBrea, CA

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:17 AM

I haven't touched it... any chance it's been backed up? Maybe you could keep a backup yourself...?

The wiki has backups of changes built in.Two useful tools for a wiki volunteer are the recent changes page Link is on the left side and Watch page.If you 'watch' a page any edits made triggers a email to the address in your profile. It contains a link that will show you the changes made.Recent Changes shows info and links to the last 50 Changes made to the wiki. looks like:

22 September 2010 * (diff) (hist) . . Pandigital Novel‎; 09:18 . . (+1) . . Mark Adams (Talk | contribs) (→Current Development (Works in Progress): ) * (diff) (hist) . . Pandigital Novel‎; 09:16 . . (-159) . . Mark Adams (Talk | contribs) (Undo revision 1341 by Mark Adams (Talk)) * (diff) (hist) . . Pandigital Novel‎; 09:10 . . (+159) . . Mark Adams (Talk | contribs) (→Current Development (Works in Progress): ) * (diff) (hist) . . Pandigital Novel‎; 00:26 . . (-34) . . Mark Adams (Talk | contribs) (→Current Development (Works in Progress): )

#30 bornagainpenguin

bornagainpenguin

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:20 PM

2) Create a new forum for ROM releases.

/me votes for this one. Any seconders?--bornagainpenguin

#31 HWgeek

HWgeek

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 04:09 PM

Lawman, regarding bad posts to remove/move... does this qualify?http://www.slatedroi....html#post67461BStu185 thought it cute to try to mix SD card " oh what about video" for cripes sake.. read the video thread! sheeze.

#32 sifon187

sifon187

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:09 PM

Lawman regarding bad posts to remove/move... does this qualify?http://www.slatedroi....html#post67461BStu185 thought it cute to try to mix SD card " oh what about video" for cripes sake.. read the video thread! sheeze.

At least point the guy in the right direction first by given him the link to the video thread. We all were newbs at one point.

#33 bornagainpenguin

bornagainpenguin

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 09:53 PM

/me votes for this one. Any seconders?--bornagainpenguin

Oh for crying out loud--how exactly is this off topic or a thread hijack? clockworx was saying the threads we had for the various roms were becoming too unwieldy for some things and since they felt they had a fairly decent beta quality build of the various roms it was now time to start opening things to newbies and making things more newbie friendly. He proposed several solutions and asked for thoughts on them one of which I though was a good idea so I seconded the proposal.[b']This was off topic or a hijacking HOW exactly?[/b]--bornagainpenguin

#34 lawman

lawman

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 01:48 PM

Let's not get personal in the tell me what to do thread... or anywhere else on here. PM me to move things, but keep in mind, I may ignore you. Otherwise, if it's bad, I'll get it. I usually let one ot post go, and move it all if it gets far off topic.

#35 HWgeek

HWgeek

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 09:41 AM

At least point the guy in the right direction first by given him the link to the video thread. We all were newbs at one point.

True we all were noobs... and there is a search function, and the thread was for sd card, not for video playback. Perhaps I am being harsh, thats why I did ask :) so now I know what the threshhold is.

#36 lawman

lawman

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 09:52 AM

there's a function now that suggests similar threads when you post... How can you NOT look? Seriously?

#37 sifon187

sifon187

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 11:29 AM

there's a function now that suggests similar threads when you post... How can you NOT look? Seriously?

Yea I always look, but some just do not know any better. They are young and unwise and we must push them in the right direction.

#38 HWgeek

HWgeek

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 12:46 PM

"Walk softly and carry a big stick" ;)

#39 BStu185

BStu185

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:37 PM

Thank you.

the thread was for sd card

And I asked for recommendations for class of SD card, specifically noting that I was interested in using the PDN for video playback. If I had failed to do so, wouldn't you just be complaining about how you are unable to give a recommendation without giving any context?

#40 lawman

lawman

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:55 PM

[sigh]I am TRYING to be the shepherd...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users