Android Tablets Forum banner

Sanei N83 new firmware solving battery issues

25K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  vangach 
#1 ·
I've read that Sanei N83/ Ampe A85 with rk3066 chip has some battery issues. It seems that Sanei released a firmware atempting to solve those battery related problems.

You can find it here: http://www.szsanei.com/support_down.asp?id=1004

If you test it, please let us know. I'm going to buy an N83 as I found it very cheap on banggood and it's nice to know the tablet will work as i should.

#2 ·
Which firmware is this ?
I am running the 4.1.1 Sanei N83 but I need to downgrade to get ROOT since I could not find any root option for the 4.1.1 version.
I hope this wont affect battery or other options, 4.1.1 is perfect as I see other than the fact I cannot root.

Any idea ?

#12 ·
Hi there, I have my Ampe a85 for about two months now and I' m a total noob (first tablet). I'm thinking of using your prescription neuro to root the tablet. build number is RK_anpei8am-r4.0.51-20121207. I'm generally pleased with the tablet, the only drawback is the battery time which varies from charge to charge. Only two times in those two months it managed to reach 5 to 6 hours! (with Wifi constantly on). Wifi had issues at the begining (low signal) then i thing was getting better for some reason! since I changed rooter is much better now.

#14 ·
Yep, you can used my rooted fw if you need to root the tablet. Since it's based on last Sanei fw, I'm curious if battery life will change for better. Can you please tell us if battery life changed after you update the firmware?

I'm only getting 4hrs of constant browsing with wifi and screen at 50% brightness. But the router is like 30 meters away and I have 4 walls between me and the router.

#13 ·
I was not looking at this post for a long time using my new and fully customizable u30gt, but after a while i told myself, let's see what's happening. I looked at a post by neur0 on slatedroid (thanks) and i saw sanei had published a last firmware. Gently it is upped on mega.nz, imagine what i've done! My n83 was linked to my tv set with an external mouse and i used it as an android tv usb device, but i told myself: let's see this firmware.
THIS FIRMWARE WORKED, RESETTING MY TOUCH SCREEN AT NORMAL VALUES!!!!!
Here is the firware, it is indicated as 310.rar and in rockchip batchtool fw time appears to be 2013-03-11

https://mega.co.nz/#...LzIU-D3fhzQBIus

Unfortunately it's not rooted but this is the minimum following my guide, when i've some time i'll surely try.
This one someother uploaded, not working for me https://www.dropbox....83_root_cwm.rar anyway it does not brick your devices

#19 ·
i need much help!!i want root my sanei n83...i tryed all the guide to flash it...but i cant!!i try only volume+ and power but nothing....then i try put the usb and the volume + and power at the same time but noThing....my pc see the device with this name USB DEVICE(VID_1f3a_PID_efe8)........i have RKBatchtool 1.5 but dint see my tablet....please help me

#21 ·
Help I got a sanei n83 and tried all possible firmware upgrade and nothing works not on LIvesuit or even RKBatchTool the drive does not load no matter if I update driver ... I try this so many times that the usb cable died on me

this is what i have
model N83
abdroid 4.0.3
Base vs, 4.0.11
Kernel build@emma6 # 2
Build number
c_v3 06-crane_ampei8sy-r4.0.1037-120627

the best I go is with Livesuits and the % bar never move
on RKBatchTool no results

i loded all drivers - replaced deleted rebooted pc so many times its mind boggling
still zero

I souderd wires positive negative to get it to start at and since then it only ok if I do not let the battery dead if I do I need again to re-souder.

DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM > ???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.