Android Tablets Forum banner

Peculiar Sluggishness related to network

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  altgraubart 
#1 ·
Comrades,

I'm checking to see if anyone else has seen this with their Aurora.
On my home network, the tablet works like a champ.
Good responsiveness, plays 1080i video via hdmi very well.
Good network access.

Now I go to my optimum hotspot wifi and the tablet dies (other tabs of mine work fine on the same public network.
It operates in spurts and then freezes for awhile.
I"m guessing it is blocking, that is it is waiting for a response from a site that never responds.
I'm speculating that eventually, some systems process pre-empts the blocked access and allows the tab to work for a little while.

IMHO, a system flaw, but if I can turn off the offender, then I can fix this.

Any help?
Opinions?

TNX

Älter, aber nicht klüger.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hrmm... I'm wondering if I experience the random lockups/lag due to the same thing. I'm on the Quarx CM10 10121209 ROM as I feel that it's the fastest and most featured rom, however, I'd like to get to the bottom of the random lag as well. I'll keep an eye on the wifi to see if there's a relationship with the lag.

#3 ·
YP,

I might have an answer here.
I had tried a few different images, but that really didn't help.
I tried removing the SIM toolkit and for the last few hours, the tab is working much much more smoothly.
Actually, it is running "crazy better"
I suspect that the software that is trying to access non-existent hardware is periodically blocking other applications.
My overall recommendation is to remove or freeze (link2sd is very useful for this) any superfluous apps (system or user) and reboot.
If there isn't a hardware module on your tab, neutralize the software that might use it.
APK killers did't help, since services did not show up in the list.

Best of Luck.

Altgraubart

-Älter, aber nicht klüger

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.