Android Tablets Forum banner

Working Applications List

21K views 29 replies 26 participants last post by  luzilla 
#1 ·
I dont have a aPad so I guess I cant test any apps but I basically made this thread so that we can have a working apps list like the one in the M001 section. If anyone would be kind, may you please test out the following apps for me...Skyfire Browser (Latest Version)Justin.TV (The application not the site)OrbLiveGoogle VoiceThanks in advance to any testers ;)

#4 ·
rogerbraun;5852 said:
If you do this please remember to state which rom you are using.
good idea, actually there should be a couple different threads. one for each rom. that way its easier for each person to find out which programs are working with each romor maybe just one with different list and the OP can just edit the first post and update each list

#5 ·
I install all of these on every pad that I sell on ebay and my zydaglo.com store and they work:NEWSROOMTASK KILLERFACEBOOKEXECUTIVE ASSISTANTQUICKPEDIATWITTERALDIKO READERGOOGLE TRANSLATECHUCK NORRISDRINKING GAMESHANDY CALCOPERA MINIAPKOPTICANDAPPSTOREANDROID7 FLASHPLAYERSUDOKUABC ORGANIZERKITTY CANNON91iHOMEYOUTUBE DOWNLOADERSLIDEME MARKET

#24 ·
I install all of these on every pad that I sell on ebay and my zydaglo.com store and they work:NEWSROOMTASK KILLERFACEBOOKEXECUTIVE ASSISTANTQUICKPEDIATWITTERALDIKO READERGOOGLE TRANSLATECHUCK NORRISDRINKING GAMESHANDY CALCOPERA MINIAPKOPTICANDAPPSTOREANDROID7 FLASHPLAYERSUDOKUABC ORGANIZERKITTY CANNON91iHOMEYOUTUBE DOWNLOADERSLIDEME MARKET
Nice information to have good job

#8 ·
[quote name='LightyKD;5647]I dont have a aPad so I guess I cant test any apps but I basically made this thread so that we can have a working apps list like the one in the M001 section. If anyone would be kind' date=' may you please test out the following apps for me...Skyfire Browser (Latest Version)Justin.TV (The application not the site)OrbLiveGoogle VoiceThanks in advance to any testers ;)[/QUOTE'] Skyfire working.Justin.tv app not out yet. I don't thinkOrblive workingGoogle voice not working properly

#10 ·
Well I tried porting over a ton of games/apps from my droid phone. And ironically the screen of the game is the EXACT size of my phone. Pretty funny to use 3 inches of my 7 inch screen. Below is the list of apps I ported over.Aldiko - Very nice Just took 28 minutes to import all 400+ booksAdvance task Killer - Love how it remembers which ones i actually don't kill for one button kills.Astro file manager - Just my personal fav.. been using since it was born.Talk to me - Translating program that said it can not be installedsolitaire - Dude if this don't work I am taking the thing backmonopoly - works however the screen is the size of my phone. Going to try from market place if I don't have to pay for it again.Droid Mini Golf - works but again the size of my phone.Labyrinth - Works however I think the accelerometer is wonky cause it doesn't go where I want it toFarm Frenzy - this one confused me... said it couldn't be installed so I might need another versionDominoes - Works but another game that is the size of my phoneflixster - great for seeing trailersbetter keyboard - it works... betterbejeweled - another shrinky dink game that actually worksMagic 8 ball - works great... Ironically the most used app on this :SSkyfire - I love flash... oh and it worksJorte - someone said its a good calender... it is and worksSlide puzzle - works flawlessTetris - another game that works but the size of my phoneyxflash - I was surprised this works but it does... and plays my 720p MKV files beautifullyWell that is my review... Don't ask how many I actually tried. These are the ones that worked. I will have more if we ever get 1.6 on the thing. If anyone has a way to get my games full screen please let me know... I paid good money for them and would like full potential.

#12 ·
SlyDog;17600 said:
Labyrinth - Works however I think the accelerometer is wonky cause it doesn't go where I want it to
It seems like the horizontal axis is inverted (when you tilt the aPad to the left, the ball goes to the right and vice versa. Vertical axis is OK). Maybe there will be some general fix for this in ROM, or we can ask the author of the game to add settings for this (checkbox Invert X-axis, Y-axis)

#13 ·
I just tested out the Citrix Receiver, from Citrix Systems. The company I work for uses it for remote access, and it works exceptionally well.It's a little slow to start up, about on par with an iPhone 3G, and once running is very usable and quick. The bigger screen on the apad makes using the system much easier than the limited view on the iPhone.I haven't worked out how to get multiple programs running inside the Citrix Receiver, however it does appear possible. I am a bit worried about the limited ram on the device, but if the iPhone can do it, then the apad should be able to as well.

#14 ·
I ran some test on my Eken M003 for viewing larger PDF documents. The M003's 800x600 screen resolution is better for document reading than 800x480 screens. I opened "Programming with C++" 7.47MB 600+ page PDF document and started turning the pages from page 1 and recorded time.:cool::cool: DroidReader ~2min turned 50 pages :rolleyes:RepliGo ~2min 5 sec turned 8 pagesAndroid PDF Viewer ~3min 30sec 8 pagesDocuments To Go ~2min 38 sec 8 pagesBest PDF viewer is DroidReader, the rest not even close! Download LINK The homepage recommends using OI File Manager. OI homepage LINKFound this site that had some alternate to PDF ideas.Android Portal ? MultiReader: Free Word viewer / PDF reader for T-Mobile G1 Mostly converting to HTML. Amazon offered PDF to Kindle but charges for service. I've used Calibre ebook manager to convert PDF to ePub and other ebook formats. It also has a built-in ebook file server. Post comparison applications and justify why it's the BEST with real data. "Feels" faster, "seems" quicker. Isn't really a good review. Last note: Swap file ON or Swap OFF didn't drastically effect document turning speed.

#16 ·
[quote name='fbruessel;14915]sure!? i've seen a video where someone is playing a game similar to "doodle jump" on the apad. responsiveness isn't great' date=' but it works![/QUOTE'] My apads accelerometer seems to be inverted as ive tried papi jump and left goes right and right goes left.im sure it could be fixed the the game developer made an option to invert it.

#19 ·
hello new to the forum, ill post some working apps that i use:eek:ffice suite pro (you can edit documents with this one)youtubepk managerrock playeryxflashGames i have:word wrench (my wife is addicted to this one)klondike -a VERY good solitaire appfarm frenzybejeweledsudokudeal or no dealwho wants to be a millionaireoregon trail4 player reactorlolibsconnecTooi need a good browser app, the market i have is weird, any suggestions? also is there any wifi apps?

#21 ·
[quote author=tron33 link=topic=704.msg35632#msg35632 date=1281572323]
I ran some test on my Eken M003 for viewing larger PDF documents. The M003's 800x600 screen resolution is better for document reading than 800x480 screens.

I opened "Programming with C++" 7.47MB 600+ page PDF document and started turning the pages from page 1 and recorded time.

:cool::cool: DroidReader ~2min turned 50 pages

RepliGo ~2min 5 sec turned 8 pages
Android PDF Viewer ~3min 30sec 8 pages
Documents To Go ~2min 38 sec 8 pages

Best PDF viewer is DroidReader, the rest not even close! Download LINK The homepage recommends using OI File Manager. OI homepage LINK

Found this site that had some alternate to PDF ideas.
Android Portal ? MultiReader: Free Word viewer / PDF reader for T-Mobile G1 Mostly converting to HTML. Amazon offered PDF to Kindle but charges for service. I've used Calibre ebook manager to convert PDF to ePub and other ebook formats. It also has a built-in ebook file server.

Post comparison applications and justify why it's the BEST with real data. "Feels" faster, "seems" quicker. Isn't really a good review. Last note: Swap file ON or Swap OFF didn't drastically effect document turning speed.
[/quote]

I can't get Droidreader to work at all. Every file I open says its broken. I know they aren't because I can open them in other PDF viewers. I wish this would work because reading my large PDF files is pretty much unbearable because of how slow each page opens. I'm using an Eken 001.

#22 ·
I have the same problem. Droidreader says the file is broken. I've been using QuickOffice to view PDFs, but it loads the pages so slow. Previous posters said DroidReader loads fast so I installed it, but it doesn't work. Anybody know how I can fix this?

#27 ·
New version Remko's forum

We just released a new version of Remko's forum. A real native mobile forum (not another web forum with a mobile layout). With now over 800.000 members more people then ever enjoy the notifications and quick and easy way to use a real mobile forum.

Why not give it a try now?

find it in Google play at : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=remko.forum

Have fun and see you on the Forum!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.