4 replies to this topic

#1 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 12:07 PM

For those of you who work behind a Proxy Server at work or school and want to use Gentouch78 http://tipstir.the-t...droid-t225.htm'>use thisPosted Image

#2 The Yaz

The Yaz

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:25 PM

Actually, my problem is related to logging into my company's guest wifi at work. The routers show themselves as open but once you connect it is supposed to redirect you to a login screen. The Gentouch shows it as a redirect error to http:///1.1.1.login.apsx.It's supposed to have been corrected in the lastest Google updates to 2.1 and Froyo, but I doubt Augen is going to push out a new core 2.1 at this point.Steve

#3 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 03:25 AM

Look at the settings on your PC or wireless laptop and then match it on the Gentouch using the Proxy Settings tool. Your company might be using companyx.co.com:5050 or a proxy server. Check with your network or desktop support team and find out. Or your device might need a static IP address. But for Group and Security Polices I bet you might have overlook something. Each company is setup differently. I could bring in my gear and get onto the network just by finding out what the proxy server setting they used. If you company has some sort of asset management to account for all devices on the network thus only certain mac address can get on the domain, intranet or internet. Or you need to join your system to domain.

#4 kiarov

kiarov

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 04:51 AM

Great Tipstir this is really usefull!!!!!! Thank you very much!!!!

#5 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 12:10 PM

No problem here to help! More like this is in the Mega Powertools 2010