Photo

[ROM - 3.10] BETA_ParanoidAndroid - Team DRH ( 03/14/13)

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 davidmi58

davidmi58

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:46 PM

Yeah, I got the SOD. What keyboard do you use? Does the usb keyboard only work with certain apps?

I use the cheap usb keyboard that comes with that cheap gtab case. I don't know how many apps it worked with. I tested if with the browser and a couple other things but when I learned it SOD'd, I kinda quit messing with it.

#62 Puhn

Puhn

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:55 PM

I use the cheap usb keyboard that comes with that cheap gtab case. I don't know how many apps it worked with. I tested if with the browser and a couple other things but when I learned it SOD'd, I kinda quit messing with it.

It is a kernel issue. My USB keyboard works fine with all 2.6.39 kernel ROMs. But the 3+ kernel based ROMs SOD when put to sleep with the USB keyboard attached. I've looked at the problem a little but probably won't have more time to devote to it until it gets cooler outside.

#63 davidmi58

davidmi58

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:10 PM

It is a kernel issue. My USB keyboard works fine with all 2.6.39 kernel ROMs. But the 3+ kernel based ROMs SOD when put to sleep with the USB keyboard attached. I've looked at the problem a little but probably won't have more time to devote to it until it gets cooler outside.

Well, here is wishing for an early Fall. ;)

#64 TikaC

TikaC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:31 PM

Just installed the ROM today. Works fantastic! BIG thank you to those who worked on this. I'm glad there's still live left in my tablet.

Candy Crush works great on this ROM. However the Camera app doesn't work. I don't really use the camera now anyway so it's not a big issue for me.

Edited by TikaC, 24 August 2013 - 04:35 PM.

#65 Puhn

Puhn

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:38 PM

Unfortunately, there is no useful information in the last_kmsg file so I'm stumped on this one. As far as the last_kmsg file is concerned, there was no problem. I also occasionally get the same type of SOD even without the USB keyboard attached. It just won't wake up and is warm to the touch on the back. The last_kmsg for that situation also doesn't show any problem. Has anyone else had these "go to sleep, won't wake up" type of SODs?

#66 davis77

davis77

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:24 AM

Unfortunately, there is no useful information in the last_kmsg file so I'm stumped on this one. As far as the last_kmsg file is concerned, there was no problem. I also occasionally get the same type of SOD even without the USB keyboard attached. It just won't wake up and is warm to the touch on the back. The last_kmsg for that situation also doesn't show any problem. Has anyone else had these "go to sleep, won't wake up" type of SODs?

Definitely and not just with this ROM. Seems like all of the 3.x versions of the kernel seem to SOD on the gtablet.