Photo

[ROM - 3.10] BETA_ParanoidAndroid - Team DRH ( 03/14/13)

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#41 orest

orest

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:43 PM

Loaded the ROM and it is pretty cool. The speed is very good. There is one problem with WiFi. I can connect to my network, but if I shut down the tablet for an extended time (hours) and the turn on the tablet I can`t connect without having to reset the router. Turning the WiFi off and on doesn't work. When I hit connect it sometimes says connecting, but never gets to obtaining ip number. Non of my other devices have this problem. I also did not have this problem with my other JB ROM.

#42 auto

auto

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:45 PM

Hi,Just curious if anyone had any luck with getting Modern Combat 4 to work on Paranoid.Currently I any run Dirty Bean and have tried numerous things with no luck.Thought about trying this rom if anyone has had any luck with it.

#43 mackinthebox

mackinthebox

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:32 AM

does this ROM work with adhoc networks or wifi tether?

#44 lawngnome

lawngnome

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

Has anyone else had an issue where CM10.1 boots without issue, but applying the ParanoidAndroid package causes it to endlessly display the boot splash?

I've tried various permuatations of formatting and installing and can't find a way to make it work.

CM10.1 and Harmony boot fine.

Thanks guys!

#45 lartomar2002

lartomar2002

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:01 PM

Has anyone else had an issue where CM10.1 boots without issue, but applying the ParanoidAndroid package causes it to endlessly display the boot splash?

I've tried various permuatations of formatting and installing and can't find a way to make it work.

CM10.1 and Harmony boot fine.

Thanks guys!

Aren't they two seperate roms?

Asus Transformer Infinity TF700 32gb unlocked, rooted, CROMI-X 5.3a
Viewsonic G-tab (BL1.2 ROM) SmoOth Bean 1.5.2
Acer Iconia a100 Rooted and Unlocked bootloader. Just in case I want to install a custom Rom:D
Ainol Novo 7 Advanced
Nothing left in my right brain! Nothing right in my left brain!

#46 lawngnome

lawngnome

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:56 AM

Aren't they two seperate roms?

I thought so at first, but that wouldn't boot either. In the first post it says this:

**** IF you are already on cm10.1, all you have to do is copy the rom over, and then wipe data/factory reset, then install it.

So I tried installing it over the top of a working CM10.1 install that's been factory reset, and it still hangs on boot.

#47 Sk8erord

Sk8erord

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

So I followed the directions in the first post - nvflashed to CWM10.1, then installed the ROM from the sdcard. Install went smoothly, rebooted the tablet, got very excited when it got past the first splash screen (I had hung at the three birds in all previous roms since ICS 1.2), and now it has hung at the 4 colored X. It has been well over 10 minutes sitting there. Thoughts?

#48 tivo_stevo

tivo_stevo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:09 PM

Installed PA the same day as the new Dirty Bean release. Although, I think with the DPI features, I may stick with this one. Very impressive.

2 questions:

Did this ROM get the display driver that was introduced between the two 3.1 releases?
Will you be releasing an updated PA with the new ROM changes from 10.1 build 2?

Thanks, red, for your work on this. I am getting some of my games back!!! I may not have to go back to ICS after all . . .

Edited by tivo_stevo, 05 April 2013 - 04:40 PM.

#49 redeyedjedi

redeyedjedi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • LocationMcQueeney,TX

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:56 AM

Installed PA the same day as the new Dirty Bean release. Although, I think with the DPI features, I may stick with this one. Very impressive.

2 questions:

Did this ROM get the display driver that was introduced between the two 3.1 releases?

Thanks, red, for your work on this. I am getting some of my games back!!! I may not have to go back to ICS after all . . .

the majority of whats in cm build #2 was already in this rom. THere are some tweaks i need to add, so this rom will be updated. there are also updates from PAranoid guys id like to implement. Btooth HID and new display drivers are already there.

Prolly wont be pushing any new versions of any ROMS, but i may try to get the older cm or paranoid rebuilt with the new kernel. At the end of the day, there should be some version of JB or ICS that you can leave on your tab for its remaining useful life.

I will try to get this rom as stable as possible, and keep helping with issues.
Say it...Say it! "We're gonna need another Timmy!"

#50 redeyedjedi

redeyedjedi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • LocationMcQueeney,TX

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

2 questions:

2 questions:

the majority of whats in cm build #2 was already in this rom. THere are some tweaks i need to add, so this rom will be updated. there are also updates from PAranoid guys id like to implement. Btooth HID and new display drivers are already there.

Prolly wont be pushing any new versions of any ROMS, but i may try to get the older cm or paranoid rebuilt with the new kernel. At the end of the day, there should be some version of JB or ICS that you can leave on your tab for its remaining useful life.

I will try to get this rom as stable as possible, and keep helping with issues.

#51 redeyedjedi

redeyedjedi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • LocationMcQueeney,TX

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:03 PM

WANNA IMMEDIATELY GIVE YOUR TAB NEW LIFE, AND MAKE IT USEFUL ONCE AGAIN???????? INSTALL THESE TWO APPS:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mdc.ustv

(FREE CABLE TV)

AND:

http://code.google.c.../downloads/list

(DOWNLOAD THE LATEST "NO-NEON" BUILD) YOU ARE GONNA BE VERY SURPRISED AT HOW WELL IT RUNS. If you dont know what XBMC is, then install it anyways....

on the first run, it takes a few minutes to build the cache, then it updates all the plugins, so run it the first time and let it sit ten minutes. THEN, close it and re-open it. Now, click on programs, program add-ons, NAVI-X

Once navi-x is loaded, click on the media portal, then click on either most viewed 24 hours, or most viewed seven days.

Now, browse around and watch thousands of movies and tv shows for free!!!!!!!

#52 redeyedjedi

redeyedjedi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • LocationMcQueeney,TX

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

So I followed the directions in the first post - nvflashed to CWM10.1, then installed the ROM from the sdcard. Install went smoothly, rebooted the tablet, got very excited when it got past the first splash screen (I had hung at the three birds in all previous roms since ICS 1.2), and now it has hung at the 4 colored X. It has been well over 10 minutes sitting there. Thoughts?

wipe data/factory reset, then wipe cache, then wipe dalvik cache, then re-flash. I dunno whats goin on, but cm10.1 is not required, and needs to be wiped before you flash this rom.

#53 Sk8erord

Sk8erord

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:11 PM

wipe data/factory reset, then wipe cache, then wipe dalvik cache, then re-flash. I dunno whats goin on, but cm10.1 is not required, and needs to be wiped before you flash this rom.

Well, the first post says this:

HOW TO INSTALL

**** IF you are already on cm10.1, all you have to do is copy the rom over, and then wipe data/factory reset, then install it.
If you are not yet on cm10.1, then you need to follow the next few steps. Otherwise, flash the rom then skip down to the "first boot setup procedure"

And so that's what I did...

#54 redeyedjedi

redeyedjedi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • LocationMcQueeney,TX

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

Well, the first post says this:

And so that's what I did...

I guess I still dont understand what you mean. If you were on cm10.1 already, and did a wipe data/factory reset then flashed this rom, it should work. If thats exactly what you did and it doesnt boot, then I guess im sorry it didnt work for you. I can see no reason why a gtab that boots cm10.1 wouldnt run this rom, they are very similar, and are identical with respect to kernel and device files. I guess your tab doesnt like my rom. These freakn Gtabs have always been so hit and miss, its very frustrating.

#55 lartomar2002

lartomar2002

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:20 PM

Does all of the info in this thread apply to the PA in nobe's Beta-Pac?

Asus Transformer Infinity TF700 32gb unlocked, rooted, CROMI-X 5.3a
Viewsonic G-tab (BL1.2 ROM) SmoOth Bean 1.5.2
Acer Iconia a100 Rooted and Unlocked bootloader. Just in case I want to install a custom Rom:D
Ainol Novo 7 Advanced
Nothing left in my right brain! Nothing right in my left brain!

#56 redeyedjedi

redeyedjedi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • LocationMcQueeney,TX

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:06 PM

yes.... that rom is built with a PA base, and has tons of AOKP things added to it on top of that... as well as some CM10 stuff. The directions for changing app DPIs and tablet mode, etc should be the same for that rom.

#57 4771cu5

4771cu5

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:30 AM

Has anyone had any success getting a USB keyboard to work with this ROM? I can't get mine to work.

#58 X1J

X1J

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:54 PM

Thanks. I'll try installing the files like I did for the ICS rom and see if it works. I'll post back with the results when I get it done.

UPDATE:
So you know, I installed this right over the 4.2 dirty bean. When I went to copy the camera.tegra.so file into the system/lib/hw folder it was already there. I wrote the script and then plugged my camera in and ran the script. Went into camera mx app and it seemed to work but locked up after about 7-8 secs. I rebooted ran the script again and tried to run Camera ICS. errored out. I then began to wonder....I rebooted again and this time just plugged the camera in and ran camera ics and to my delight the usb camera came up. And I was able to swap between the cameras. Seemed stable during my test. When I installed this rom overe the other one, I did do a factory reset before I had it install from zip. Remnants, perhaps?

On a side note I still get a message about not being able to mount the ext-sd in recovery. It sees it on the computer and I can copy files to it, but I have had to copy the zip files to the internal sd and install from there. It's a 16Gb card, Sandisk, I think it's only a class 4. Not a big deal at this point but I like to be able to backup and restore from the ext-sd in recovery.
Thanks again.

Can someone please guide me to step by step guide for installing USB camera on JB?

Where can I find what's working and what's not working for this ROM?

#59 davidmi58

davidmi58

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:47 PM

Has anyone had any success getting a USB keyboard to work with this ROM? I can't get mine to work.

Mine worked but sleeping with the keyboard attached = SOD.
Same with DRH. Maybe a kernel issue?

#60 4771cu5

4771cu5

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:37 PM

Mine worked but sleeping with the keyboard attached = SOD.
Same with DRH. Maybe a kernel issue?

Yeah, I got the SOD. What keyboard do you use? Does the usb keyboard only work with certain apps?