Photo

[ROM - 3.10] BETA_ParanoidAndroid - Team DRH ( 03/14/13)

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#21 DrexInEffect1

DrexInEffect1

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:11 AM

Im having an issue with having to Dirty reset my gtab everytime it sleeps while off the charger... is there some setting im not getting correct?? Any Ideas?

#22 redeyedjedi

redeyedjedi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • LocationMcQueeney,TX

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:09 AM

Im having an issue with having to Dirty reset my gtab everytime it sleeps while off the charger... is there some setting im not getting correct?? Any Ideas?

No...you didnt miss anything. a handful of tabs out there have a sleep bug with both of these new roms. It is a kernel issue, and we have been workin towards figuring it out and fixing it, Most people who have this bug have been using a wakelok app. Sorry, all I can tell you for now.
Say it...Say it! "We're gonna need another Timmy!"

#23 DrexInEffect1

DrexInEffect1

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

No...you didnt miss anything. a handful of tabs out there have a sleep bug with both of these new roms. It is a kernel issue, and we have been workin towards figuring it out and fixing it, Most people who have this bug have been using a wakelok app. Sorry, all I can tell you for now.

Thanks, Im going to give the wakelok app a try... other than that, This is a great ROM and I cant wait to see what you guys come up with next ;-)

#24 Bearymore

Bearymore

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

I had an interesting problem with Google Play. To make it work, I needed to do the market fix. Afterwards, while it worked, it did not recognize that I had actually purchased any of the apps that I had purchased, even though they were listed in the list of my apps. When I was able to get Titanium Backup loaded, it told me that my android identifier had been changed, presented me with a long serial number, and asked me if I wanted to change it back to what it had been previously. I said yes, the identifier was changed, and, after a reboot, my purchased software showed up as purchased on Google Play. Previously, I had Dirty Bean 4.2.X loaded and I followed the update procedure exactly as outlined in the first post in this thread. I had none of these problems with either 4.2 or 4.1.

On a better note, with 4.2 I had repeated SODs while the tablet slept and needed to install Wakelock to make them go away. Since loading this ROM, I have yet to have a SOD after almost a day even without loading Wakelock.

In any case, as far as I'm concerned, this is the best ROM yet. You guys are amazing!

#25 DrexInEffect1

DrexInEffect1

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:19 PM

Wakelok worked like a charm! Thanks for the tip!!

#26 StephenEDM

StephenEDM

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

Flashed the ROM and will love it, but I've been having performance problems. I've had them with all of the Jelly Bean based ROMs it seems. Performance is just really laggy. I have to change to the performance governor and deadline scheduling in order to get some performance.

I've googled around and heard of java tweaks among other things that are supposed to help the performance. Any ideas?

#27 fosser2

fosser2

Team DRH

• PipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:27 PM

Flashed the ROM and will love it, but I've been having performance problems. I've had them with all of the Jelly Bean based ROMs it seems. Performance is just really laggy. I have to change to the performance governor and deadline scheduling in order to get some performance.

I've googled around and heard of java tweaks among other things that are supposed to help the performance. Any ideas?

I'm not fully sure. I do know is that this rom/kernel is specifically for the gtablet. Since we have edited the cfg file in the nvflash package that may be messing w/ something in your tablet. I'm not sure. Someone from the hannspad community will have to figure out the proper nvflash to use.
Like what I'm doing? Then buy me a beer or 5
It would help all the late nights slaving away ;)
Donate

#28 StephenEDM

StephenEDM

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

I'm not fully sure. I do know is that this rom/kernel is specifically for the gtablet. Since we have edited the cfg file in the nvflash package that may be messing w/ something in your tablet. I'm not sure. Someone from the hannspad community will have to figure out the proper nvflash to use.

Okay. I used the nvflash from the cyanogenmod version, and flashed that. Then, just flashed the .zip file in cwm when flashing the paranoid android version. With that said, the performance problems happened long before the cyanogenmod version...

Thanks for your quickly reply.

#29 tjfinlinson

tjfinlinson

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:08 PM

Just installed this ROM last night along with the updated nvflash. It runs extremely well. I am using wake lock to avoid any sods and using adw as my launcher since I purchased that from my original droid days. I also am using setcpu to over clock. It was a little slow until i put the min clock speed to 608 and the max to 1408. With those settings I'm very happy with the performance.

I use a dock for charging. My apps/settings to try and avoid the documented issues: Wake lock, activate daydream, keep WiFi on always when sleeping, setcpu.

So far its a fantastic improvement and makes using the gtab a pleasant experience. It's way better than when I first got it. Thanks Team DRH.

Sent from my Malata SMBA1002 using Tapatalk 2
Gtab owner since June 2011. Currently Running Team DRH ICS build 1f.

TeamDRH ICS Beta

ICS Tips and Tricks

#30 andywheels

andywheels

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • LocationCambridge

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:16 AM

The tablets are very very similar but I do get a bit twitchy about nv_flashing a g-tablet partition structure and bootloader. I think it's safe to use but I don't think I've ever read that the tablets are 100% the same so there could be extra issues.

Over the weekend, I was experimenting with making the new teamDRH nv_flash package more Hannspad orientated but ran into some issues as I couldn't get a Hannspad bootloader working with it.

I'm still getting confused with this new fangled Google multi user emulated sdcard thang. It's like a back-end equivalent of the central buttons on the navbar- I can see why they've done it but I don't know if I like it. :blink: I know Graveen is doing something similar but he's very busy with his job at the moment. We'll get there eventually.

#31 redeyedjedi

redeyedjedi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • LocationMcQueeney,TX

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:03 PM

Good Stuff:

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2178863

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2192122

*********EXPAND the amount of room you have for LARGE games*****************

I am gonna try to make this work, and let yall know how it goes. If someone else gets it first, please share...

Edited by redeyedjedi, 18 March 2013 - 05:05 PM.

#32 kevnet81

kevnet81

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:01 AM

Hi,
excuse me, my english.
you can have 1 gb of ram?

Olipad 100

#33 redeyedjedi

redeyedjedi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • LocationMcQueeney,TX

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

Hi,
excuse me, my english.
you can have 1 gb of ram?

Olipad 100

No..... it will only recognize 512mb RAM. there is a hannspad kernel being worked on, but I am unsure if it will work on an Olipad. I have no idea which board exactly the olipad 100 is using.

Your tablet is italian i think, Olivetti makes it.... but I have yet to discover exactly what board it uses, so I cannot give any kernel or modifications recommendations. However, I do think that your GPS will work.

I need to find what version of malata board is used......
google translate is a pain..... you should be able to find it here:

http://www.androidwo...m/olivetti-158/

Edited by redeyedjedi, 19 March 2013 - 01:11 PM.

#34 kevnet81

kevnet81

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

No..... it will only recognize 512mb RAM. there is a hannspad kernel being worked on, but I am unsure if it will work on an Olipad. I have no idea which board exactly the olipad 100 is using.

Your tablet is italian i think, Olivetti makes it.... but I have yet to discover exactly what board it uses, so I cannot give any kernel or modifications recommendations. However, I do think that your GPS will work.

I need to find what version of malata board is used......
google translate is a pain..... you should be able to find it here:

http://www.androidwo...m/olivetti-158/

Thank you.

Olipad 100 = Malata T2 the same motherboard.

#35 redeyedjedi

redeyedjedi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • LocationMcQueeney,TX

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:13 PM

Thank you.

Olipad 100 = Malata T2 the same motherboard.

Hmmm.... well a malata t2= smba1002 and a viewsonic gtab= smba1002

But, you have the gps insalled and extra ram, as well as TWO full size USB???? I think that one of the usb ports will work, and the gps will work, but only half your RAM will be supported.... ill ask around and see if there is a kernel you can use, YOU MAY BE ABLE TO USE the "hannspad" kernel, but i am not sure yet.

#36 oldtimer

oldtimer

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

Good Stuff:

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2178863

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2192122

*********EXPAND the amount of room you have for LARGE games*****************

I am gonna try to make this work, and let yall know how it goes. If someone else gets it first, please share...

Great Job on this redeyedjedi, fosser n TeamDRH

Very impressive, and the Paranoid Android is a jaw dropper... You sure are making Gtab great again

Thanks

Will this use any of the Paranoid Android Pro "paid" stuff?

#37 redeyedjedi

redeyedjedi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • LocationMcQueeney,TX

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

Great Job on this redeyedjedi, fosser n TeamDRH

Very impressive, and the Paranoid Android is a jaw dropper... You sure are making Gtab great again

Thanks

Will this use any of the Paranoid Android Pro "paid" stuff?

I dont think so.... I beleive that is more of a donation type thing, I could be wrong. But by all means, feel free to donate to them or Fosser.... the good things about this rom are due to the hard work theyve done. Im just a builder/tweaker....

#38 DeathBit

DeathBit

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:34 AM

Thank god for the NVFLASH files. I've been looking everywhere for them.

#39 Alley

Alley

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationSouth end of Dallas/Ft. Worth

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

Does this ROM support Bluetooth HID?
I have an app that requires it for a page-turning pedal set (sheet music, in this case)and I hate to go backwards from jellybean, but DirtyBean doesn't support HID at the moment.

#40 redeyedjedi

redeyedjedi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • LocationMcQueeney,TX

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

Does this ROM support Bluetooth HID?
I have an app that requires it for a page-turning pedal set (sheet music, in this case)and I hate to go backwards from jellybean, but DirtyBean doesn't support HID at the moment.

I wasnt able to test but yes i think bluetooth HID is working, because we reverted back to the bluez bluetooth from the prior Jellybean.