Photo

[ROM] Debian v0.3 for Flytouch SD bootable.

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#21 kiarov

kiarov

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:45 AM

[quote name='marekxy;57517]Installed in a 4 GB card. Everything works' date=' but after installing several programs reported lack of space. There is unalocated partition, how to increase the size of usable disk space?[/QUOTE'] Just run GPARTED and extend the ext2 partition. The original image was made from a 1gb SD card for "lightweighting" the file.

#22 kiarov

kiarov

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:51 AM

[quote name='xolast;57334]En vista que hablas español' date=' mejor escribo en este idioma.El archivo de configuración estaba en la carpeta /media/disk/etc/dbus-1/system.d/wpa_supplicant.confSi hay dos carpetas una que se llama Wireless y otra que se llama wpa_supplicant le di permisos de lectura y escritura, pero nada.Me pregunto si el adaptador de red es el mismo, si no es asi, entonces el modulo no es compatible y estas cosas tienen adaptadores diferentes.[/QUOTE'] Es realmente extraño, estas seguro que tu tableta es una flytouch?Intenta reemplazando en la carpeta wireless el archivo RT2870STA.dat por el que esta en tu instalacion de android, o en algun firmware que hayas utilizado.translated to EnglishIt's really strange, are you sure your tablet is a flytouch?Try replacing the file folder RT2870STA.dat wireless by the one in your installation of android, or any firmware being used.

#23 marekxy

marekxy

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 02:25 PM

I did it, but starting GPARTED on Eken, partition is locked. I did on another machine. Thanks.

Just run GPARTED and extend the ext2 partition. The original image was made from a 1gb SD card for "lightweighting" the file.

#24 xolast

xolast

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 12:05 PM

Translated to English[/B]It's really strange, are you sure your tablet is a flytouch?Try replacing the file folder RT2870STA.dat wireless by the one in your installation of android, or any firmware being used.

Si, de hecho por las caracteristicas que se mencionan en el post original, creo que si tengo una flytouch.Plata de la parta trasera sin ningun tipo de marca o descripcion.Bocinas a un costado.Entradas para adaptador de corriente y audifonos.Puerto para un adaptador que tiene 2 puertos USB y un Ethernet.Boton de menu a sobre otro de los costados a un lado del boton alargado de volumen.Pantalla de 7 pulgadas y con el firmware 1.8X o algo asi traia antes de que lo actualizara a 1.9_22 , o algo asi.Deja reinstalo Debian y trato de iniciar el inalambrico de nuevo. Sino reemplazare el archivo que me mencionaste.Me podrias explicar como configuraste la red inalambrica en tu flytouch?Disculpa los inconvenientes. Si en algo puedo ayudar, me encantaria.translated to EnglishIf, in fact for the characteristics mentioned in the original post, I think if I have a flytouch.Silver on the back without any kind of mark or description.Speakers on one side.Tickets for power adapter and headphones.Port for an adapter that has two USB ports and an Ethernet.A menu button on the other side of the button beside the elongated volume.7-inch screen and with the 1.8X firmware or something like that He brought before it upgraded to 1.9_22, or something.Leave reinstall Debian and try to start the wireless again. But I'll replace the file you mentioned.I could explain how configure wireless network in your flytouch?Sorry for the inconvenience. If I can help, I would love.

#25 kiarov

kiarov

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:34 PM

translated to English[/B]If, in fact for the characteristics mentioned in the original post, I think if I have a flytouch.Silver on the back without any kind of mark or description.Speakers on one side.Tickets for power adapter and headphones.Port for an adapter that has two USB ports and an Ethernet.A menu button on the other side of the button beside the elongated volume.7-inch screen and with the 1.8X firmware or something like that He brought before it upgraded to 1.9_22, or something.Leave reinstall Debian and try to start the wireless again. But I'll replace the file you mentioned.I could explain how configure wireless network in your flytouch?Sorry for the inconvenience. If I can help, I would love.

No es inconveniente ayudarte a hacerlo funcionar. Mi conexion wifi yo en este momento la tengo seteada como abierta, la unica seguridad que utilizo es filtro por MAC address. Vos me dijiste que la tuya era wep ¿no?, si es asi todavia no probe esa encriptacion. Las que se que funcionan seguro son las wpa y wpa2.Hay un hilo que te convendria seguir que es el que me ayudo a dejar funcionando el wifi a mi en el flytouch, esta en el foro de Eken este es el link al thread http://www.slatedroi...en-m001-22.htmlFijate que desde la pagina 22 estan todos los avances que fui haciendo con la ayuda del grupo.Un saludo!

#26 xolast

xolast

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 12:55 PM

http://www.slatedroid.com/eken-m001-debian/2783-bounty-working-debian-touchscreen-driver-eken-m001-22.html[/url]Fijate que desde la pagina 22 estan todos los avances que fui haciendo con la ayuda del grupo.Un saludo!

After I saw the translations from spanish to english, I better write in this languaje.Thanks for the reply. I'll check the link above to see if I can make my wireless to work. And then, I have to inform you that I made the changes you said but I have the same isue as before. The only thing that changed was the essid name from dlink to 11n-AP but no sucess on setting essid and wep key via iwconfig or setting manually on /etc/network/interfaces file.Something weird is happening because if I execute iwlist ra0 in terminal, my netwok is listed but i can't connect.I googled by 11n-Ap and found a bug in driver files related to this issue.Let me digg about ths poblem and if I found a solution I let you know.One last thing: is there a way to include other wireless manager in the iso image like wicd or network-manager to try out again?

#27 kiarov

kiarov

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 06:42 PM

I guess it is possible to include another wifi managers if you just copy the correct deb files to the ext2 partition and then unpack then in debian.

#28 xolast

xolast

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:18 PM

I guess it is possible to include another wifi managers if you just copy the correct deb files to the ext2 partition and then unpack then in debian.

I do really worry about dependences but I will give it a try. Thanks.

#29 kpe

kpe

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:13 PM

Hola a todos! Soy nuevisimo en esto de las tablets y queria saber si me podian apuntar a una guia para instalar este rom en mi epad/flytouch.Hi All, I am a newbe in tablets and i need a guide to install this rom in my epad/flytouch. Thanks a lot!

#30 kiarov

kiarov

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:42 AM

[quote name='kpe;65791]Hola a todos! Soy nuevisimo en esto de las tablets y queria saber si me podian apuntar a una guia para instalar este rom en mi epad/flytouch.Hi All' date=' I am a newbe in tablets and i need a guide to install this rom in my epad/flytouch. Thanks a lot![/QUOTE'] Esta es la guia para correr debian desde la tarjeta sd no para instalarlo en el nand (memoria interna) si lo que buscas es una guia para flashear la tableta con android, el foro esta lleno. El metodo para flashear una flytouch es el mismo que para la eken m001, asi que podes fijarte en cualquiera de los dos foros o tambien pasarte por el foro en español.

#31 liewchikang

liewchikang

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 01:15 AM

is that faster than android?

#32 kiarov

kiarov

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 01:27 AM

is that faster than android?

Some stuff goes faster. But overall no it is not.

#33 MrHabaki

MrHabaki

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 02:45 AM

Thanks for Debian on Flytouch! It works like a charm! I will sure play a lot around with that and nice that I can go back to android without troubles!

#34 VeNoMouS

VeNoMouS

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:12 PM

nice work man, nasty gtk tho :) thats the down side with X tho, as good as it is, it needs a major overhaul :|

#35 Greveldinges

Greveldinges

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 07:21 AM

My flytouch is stuck when the bar is coming across the screen. I've waited 1 hour, anyone knows what's wrong? 2gb card btw:cool:

#36 RockDoctor

RockDoctor

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 05:41 AM

What is the name of the touchcal config file? When I ran ls on /etc I couldn't find it. Edit:Did a bit more searching and found it. Sorry about the noise

#37 RockDoctor

RockDoctor

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 03:04 PM

First off, thank you kiarov. The image booted fine on my flytouch. It turns out my touchcal file is apparently not as well-calibrated as it should be, but that is clearly something I can remedy. Where I apparently need some help is connecting to my wireless network. My normal procedure (when not using NetworkManager) is:
/etc/init.d/network startiwconfig wlan0 essid <myessid>dhclient wlan0
The filesystem you've created it a bit more bare-bones than I'm used to. Got a litle tutorial handy?

#38 kiarov

kiarov

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:17 AM

/etc/init.d/network startiwconfig wlan0 essid <myessid>dhclient wlan0[/CODE]The filesystem you've created it a bit more bare-bones than I'm used to. Got a litle tutorial handy?

It should work fine if you use the config utility that comes with the image, you only have to set that up and when you reebot it must work properly.

#39 RockDoctor

RockDoctor

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:14 PM

Got it. Didn't like not having a nameserver in /etc/resolve.conf

#40 newbier

newbier

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:03 PM