Photo

[ROM] Debian v0.3 for Flytouch SD bootable.

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 kiarov

kiarov

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:31 AM

Hi all, this time i bring you debian os ready to use on flytouch just copying it to a SD card, so if you dont like just remove the memory, reboot and go back to your android unharm.This version is a mod from the eken m001 debian v0.3, lets get into bussines:What works?- Wifi works 100% all you have to do is run the built in config utility.- Touchpad it has some flaws, is better if you copy your touchcal config from android to the etc folder on ext2 partition. The axyses are fixed so it doesn't do the mirror thingy that was so annoying anymore. And the responsiveness well i find it better than the android one.- Loads with 256MB ram.- Autologin as root, so you don't need a keyboard to run the system.- Everything else that you expect from a debian Arm device.What doesn't work?- Hardware buttons has no function.- Accelerometer.How do i install it?First of all, i guess this is a 100% no risk installation. Since it runs directly from the sd card and it does not need to be installed in nand, leaving your filesystem intact.For a great installation guide follow this link to the ekens forum and follow the instructions described in step 2: Debian on Eken install quidlines for Windows users. NOTE: The first time you start your device it will run fsck and after that will shut down, dont get alarmed, once the device is down you only have to turn it on again and it will work. And always remember to shut it down properly going to terminal and entering "reboot" or else fs will get screwed and you will have to run fsck on a linux machine over ext2 partition of the SD card to fix it.notice that some 1gb sd cards are in fact 960mb large so they dont support the full copy of the image in them, leading the firmware to crash on load. (Yes is the experience talking, i was melting my brains with this untill i had the idea to flash a 4gb SD before it works... silly me).How does it look?Here's some screens of my flytouch with matchbox desktop manager running with debian (no video this time until i get my english better or leave college to get some more extra time, whatever happens the first):

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Nice, nice... So where's the f@&%ing download link?DOWNLOAD LINK! (pretty straight forward, aren't it?) 192mb i know it's pretty heavy, but is as light as it can, uncompress it with 7zip or winrar and you will get a 1gb .img file.Hope you get it to work as well as i. And i could be great to see some improvements on this stuff. I'm not a linux expert in any way.I would like to thank:projectgus and tav1234. From the eken m001 forum, without the help of these guys i would have never get this firmware to work properly on Flytouch.And like in any fw release, post, upload, tutorial or wathever. The classical words:I don't take any responsability if you brick, cook, burn, sandwich and nom it, give away, marry, sell or wathever other thing that could happen to your tablet using this firmware. I only take responsability of mine (kinda, if something happens i will blame someone else so he or she buy me a new one... a faster one.).If you have questions, you may find answers in the following eken m001's threads:http://www.slatedroi...en-m001-22.htmlhttp://www.slatedroi...-debian-sd.htmlEnjoy, experiment, make it better, share and let me know how it goes.Cheers to all!!!!!

#2 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:10 AM

From one developer to another developer Just Take your time!

#3 fparri

fparri

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:34 AM

Great news! I'll download and try it tonight, if I manage to find some time. This is a totally awesome release! :)

#4 nemenator

nemenator

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:03 AM

Good stuff! But Megaupload says the file is temporarily unavailable.What do you suggest for windows .IMG file updating? I will be trying to install a few packages and suppose it may be easier to download them first.Megaupload working now!

#5 kiarov

kiarov

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:23 AM

Good stuff! But Megaupload says the file is temporarily unavailable.What do you suggest for windows .IMG file updating? I will be trying to install a few packages and suppose it may be easier to download them first.Megaupload working now!

I dindn't find a way to update the img in windows' date=' the only way to modify it is using kpartx on linux. Cause the img has 2 partition in it.For making changes before flashing it to sd you have to mount it as a device and there make all the changes:here's a little guide on how to do it Mounting partitions within image file « : | : vortex of false deceit : | :.And if you want to update packages and stuff is better doing it directly on debian using apt-get or installing the binaries in the OS, just remember that you have to use ARM (armel) binaries.

#6 fparri

fparri

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 01:55 AM

Is your live image persistant? I mean, can I apt-get install files into it from debiam ARM repositories and find them again when I reboot the tablet? Sorry I still hadn't the time to test it... :(

#7 kiarov

kiarov

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:28 AM

[quote name='fparri;53109]Is your live image persistant? I mean' date=' can I apt-get install files into it from debiam ARM repositories and find them again when I reboot the tablet? Sorry I still hadn't the time to test it... :P[/QUOTE'] Yes it is! :P

#8 fparri

fparri

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:37 AM

Yes it is! :P

Ah, great! :P

#9 xolast

xolast

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:39 PM

How did you manage to setup wireless? I have my DHCP modem with WEP KEY ready.Tanks in advance.BTW: I tried the wireless config app in desktop, but after restart wireless settings are not applied.there are always an essid named "dlink" even if I modify /etc/network/interfaces file and set the config manually.

#10 kiarov

kiarov

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 12:46 AM

[quote name='xolast;54674]How did you manage to setup wireless? I have my DHCP modem with WEP KEY ready.Tanks in advance.BTW: I tried the wireless config app in desktop' date=' but after restart wireless settings are not applied.there are always an essid named "dlink" even if I modify /etc/network/interfaces file and set the config manually.[/QUOTE']Weird, try changing permissions to the file wpa_supplicant.conf in /etc/ folder (it can be maybe inside another folder like wifi or wireless im not in liux right now so i cant see it XD). Cause maybe the file is on read-only if you change permission you should be able to write to it and will be saved when you reboot.

#11 TheZ

TheZ

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 11 September 2010 - 04:26 PM

Kairov, if you want you should post this to the group board also.

#12 kiarov

kiarov

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 05:20 PM

[quote name='TheZ;55162]Kairov' date=' if you want you should post this to the group board also.[/QUOTE'] You're right i'll do it.

#13 TheZ

TheZ

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 11 September 2010 - 08:00 PM

You can also keep updating it there if you come out with fixes or whatever.

#14 mmesmo

mmesmo

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:58 AM

in my case, this version gives me an error and asks me to enter a passwordmaintenance.the previous version es OK (mirrored touch error only)

#15 kiarov

kiarov

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:59 PM

[quote name='mmesmo;56088]in my case' date=' this version gives me an error and asks me to enter a passwordmaintenance.the previous version es OK (mirrored touch error only)[/QUOTE'] You have to run fsck from a linux machine over the ext2 partition on the sd, or try flashing the card again. If you have a 1g memory also could be that the memory isn't large enough and the filesystem is broken (when you copy the img to de card the program doesn't alert you if the card isnt large enough).

#16 mmesmo

mmesmo

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:42 PM

I'm using 4Gb Sd. No problem of space on the SD card.With regard to using a machine with linux. Using Ubuntu (not much) ... Seeking fcsk inext2 partition and run fsck from the console? have to put some parameters toFsck instruction?sorry for my Googlenglish.... Hablas Español?

#17 kiarov

kiarov

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:37 PM

I'm using 4Gb Sd. No problem of space on the SD card.With regard to using a machine with linux. Using Ubuntu (not much) ... Seeking fcsk inext2 partition and run fsck from the console? have to put some parameters toFsck instruction?sorry for my Googlenglish.... Hablas Español?

Si, si hablo, aca te dejo como seria la linea que tenes que ingresar al bash: "sudo fsck.ext2 -fy /dev/mmcblk0p2" sin comillas y este es un ejemplo. Si usas un lector de memorias usb es probable que en vez de ser /mmcblk0p2 te quede algo como /sdbp2 o algo asi. Recorda siempre que para apagar el sistema vas a tener que ir a la termina e ingresar "reboot" sino este error de el sistema de archivos corrupto te va a aparecer constantemente.Saludos

#18 mmesmo

mmesmo

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:00 PM

gracias kiarov! disculpas al foro por escribir en español en este espacioapologies to the forum to write in Spanish in this space

#19 xolast

xolast

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:58 PM

[quote name='kiarov;54854]Weird' date=' try changing permissions to the file wpa_supplicant.conf in /etc/ folder (it can be maybe inside another folder like wifi or wireless im not in liux right now so i cant see it XD). Cause maybe the file is on read-only if you change permission you should be able to write to it and will be saved when you reboot.[/QUOTE']En vista que hablas español, mejor escribo en este idioma.El archivo de configuración estaba en la carpeta /media/disk/etc/dbus-1/system.d/wpa_supplicant.confSi hay dos carpetas una que se llama Wireless y otra que se llama wpa_supplicant le di permisos de lectura y escritura, pero nada.Me pregunto si el adaptador de red es el mismo, si no es asi, entonces el modulo no es compatible y estas cosas tienen adaptadores diferentes.

#20 marekxy

marekxy

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:24 AM

Installed in a 4 GB card. Everything works, but after installing several programs reported lack of space. There is unalocated partition, how to increase the size of usable disk space?