300 replies to this topic

#21 Roger Calver

Roger Calver

Firmware Dev

• Global Moderators
  • 2,737 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:13 AM

The internal memory is to slow anyway and defeats the purpose of having swap on it.

#22 HidePerso

HidePerso

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:16 AM

[quote name='tipstir;52623]Don't know about using the Swapper' date=' my system crashed and rebooted. So I have stopped Swapper, Startup Manager. Gone back to my apps I use in powertools back to normal again.[/QUOTE'] Looks strange. But you can uninstall all additional apps - couse they non-system. I use only 128M version - can't check.

#23 HidePerso

HidePerso

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:20 AM

The internal memory is to slow anyway and defeats the purpose of having swap on it.

But i think internal memory faster SD in any case - isn't it? And where you want create swap?Unrespectadly removed SD - OS show this from hibernation and from sleeping mode, looks like this happen for energy saving

#24 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:26 AM

Yes, I know and thanks to that as the prior Rooted ROM you couldn't remove the ROM apps unless you do other measures. As for microSDHC like SDHC have Class system. 2, 4, 6 each one is measured by mb/s. I use Class 2 in the Flytouch and Class 4 in Gentouch78. Still best to buy the Class 4 or Class 6 but 6 cost more than 4. Class 2 is cheap at only 2mb/s. So speed wise Class 4 or Class 6 are faster moving mb/s while Class 2 is slower. What about the Ad block host for the browser is there one in the root? If not I can add one? I don't think 256MB needs to use the swapper though. Like the Readyboost on Netbooks that run Windows 7. I use to use those but increase that 2GB and ditched the Readyboost.

#25 HidePerso

HidePerso

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:58 AM

What about the Ad block host for the browser is there one in the root? If not I can add one? I don't think 256MB needs to use the swapper though. Like the Readyboost on Netbooks that run Windows 7. I use to use those but increase that 2GB and ditched the Readyboost.

If you start Root Explorer you will find hosts file /system/etcAnd type in it any ADsite you want like in Windows hosts file for blocking - this will block only in browsers not in apps, couse apps use direct push channels for advertizing. Ad blocking programs use this file also - you can edit it by yourself or by programs.May be need reboot after editing.

#26 bnorontako

bnorontako

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 05:03 PM

hai just update now, i got inverted gsensor and upside down camera, but i fix it with setenv , market working out of the box, thank's, system more smoothly now

#27 babcocca

babcocca

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 05:24 PM

tipstir,can you post a link to your rom page? I cannot find any rom on LAN Zone labelled "Re-ROM".Thanks!

#28 HidePerso

HidePerso

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 05:56 PM

[quote name='babcocca;52893]tipstir' date='can you post a link to your rom page? I cannot find any rom on LAN Zone labelled "Re-ROM".Thanks![/QUOTE']Hmm, not clear understand what you want. What you mean rom page? Link to rom at first post of this thread, sorry hav't special section at this forum or in download.

#29 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:05 PM

[quote name='babcocca;52893]tipstir' date='can you post a link to your rom page? I cannot find any rom on LAN Zone labelled "Re-ROM".Thanks![/QUOTE'] You want a direct link it's on the main post #1 * here. I link to it. Not my ROM it's Author's here.

#30 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:10 PM

[quote name='HidePerso;52909]Hmm' date=' not clear understand what you want. What you mean rom page? Link to rom at first post of this thread, sorry hav't special section at this forum or in download.[/QUOTE'] I do, if you need, but you using filefront now that's what the user means.

#31 thegreatdimov

thegreatdimov

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:11 PM

I downloaded this and it works just fine, however, Google Market gives me an error when I try to sign in. Is there a way to access the market without signing in? How do I go around this error? Please help.thegreatdimov

#32 HidePerso

HidePerso

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:16 PM

[quote name='thegreatdimov;52917]I downloaded this and it works just fine' date=' however, Google Market gives me an error when I try to sign in. Is there a way to access the market without signing in? How do I go around this error? Please help.thegreatdimov[/QUOTE'] Just try time to time: if you not sign agreement Google don't give you AndroidID. Or you can do Market fix as in v.02 by Emulator - also possible. Looks like from some place (like my home, hehehe) Google don`t want fast handshake.

#33 andreimoto

andreimoto

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:38 PM

but my market still stuck after download 1 app successed.i must turn of wifi, kill all application, clear data from google application, then turn on wifi again, sign in to market again.this happen after download 1 app successed.ive got account.db from emulator why?and what i suppouse to do?thanks all

#34 HidePerso

HidePerso

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:53 PM

[quote name='andreimoto;52957]but my market still stuck after download 1 app successed.i must turn of wifi' date=' kill all application, clear data from google application, then turn on wifi again, sign in to market again.this happen after download 1 app successed.ive got account.db from emulator why?and what i suppouse to do?thanks all[/QUOTE'] Reflash and don't use accound.db from emulator - couse Google generate new one from each Agreement sign.Sometimes it can happen - you start download and nothing happen. Don't worry and panic - SERVER SIDE PROBLEMS. Try to stop download and restart it, sometimes help if you start download another app.

#35 babcocca

babcocca

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:37 PM

Figured out how to remove ADW. I added the latest fring, skyfire, aldiko, and slideme.All props to HidePerso. None for me...EPAD256_1.988_v3j.7z - Find another file host - online file sharing and storage - downloadChange the apps in the scriptpre_data_diskapp folder if you like...

#36 TheZ

TheZ

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:46 PM

Thanks babcocca

#37 busta

busta

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 01:42 AM

just download it...and i already flash it...but it seems my camera wont work...any solutions?:confused:

#38 kiarov

kiarov

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:31 AM

just download it...and i already flash it...but it seems my camera wont work...any solutions?:confused:

Same thing here. But in general lines this firmware is really fast i kinda like it... android market is buggin me out with the error, but well i guess i have to wait untill it gives me the agreement screen.Good job!

#39 bnorontako

bnorontako

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:27 AM

yes camera did not work but video camera working

#40 HidePerso

HidePerso

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:05 AM

Did it work in 1.9_88 v 2? Or on which Re-ROM it was working?