Photo

RK2926 Rockchip - How to root + Install Clockworkmod (e.g. Ouyilai V8/iPPO K7/Prestigio 5274B/TM-MID720) [Edit:2014/02/01]]

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#61 codycoyote

codycoyote

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:02 PM

Sorry found no custom ROMs by now...
  • MeSpandey likes this
My Devices: HP Touchpad CM11, Samsung Galaxy S3 Stock 4.3, MK802+ CM10, Rockchip RK2926 - root and Xposed

#62 MeSpandey

MeSpandey

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:41 AM

Sorry found no custom ROMs by now...

Thanks anyways!

#63 JB123

JB123

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:14 AM

help pls i rooted my divece but i have 1 problem only with this commamd (chmod 644 /system/etc/install-recovery.sh) No such file or directory

root@android:/ # chmod 644 /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
chmod 644 /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
Unable to chmod /system/etc/install-recovery.sh: No such file or directory

my device rk2928

10x in advance

#64 codycoyote

codycoyote

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:27 AM

help pls i rooted my divece but i have 1 problem only with this commamd (chmod 644 /system/etc/install-recovery.sh) No such file or directory

chmod 644 /system/etc/install-recovery.sh

my device rk2928

10x in advance

There is a second way to install Clockworkmod if first method fails:

Install Script Manager or similar app for running scripts.

https://play.google....s.scriptmanager

extract the Install_recovery.zip and copy the .sh files and .img to the /sdcard/

open SManager click on the install-recovery.sh

https://app.box.com/...owz655toej6famb

Menu will open, and make sure the 'su' is highlighted and click run... this will install the CWM img.You'll see a terminal window open, and it will go through the process.

Then to reboot into recovery.. click on the reboot-recovery.sh.. again make sure it has root permission set by clicking 'su' and run the script.. Your Tablet will then reboot happily into recovery.

PS: It's recommended to install busy box first

Edited by codycoyote, 07 October 2013 - 06:35 AM.

My Devices: HP Touchpad CM11, Samsung Galaxy S3 Stock 4.3, MK802+ CM10, Rockchip RK2926 - root and Xposed

#65 codycoyote

codycoyote

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:01 AM

chmod 644 /system/etc/install-recovhttp://ery.sh

my device rk2928

10x in advance

you can also change the permissions of install-recovery.sh later within Android with ES-Explorer.
You have to set it (-rw-r--r--)

should look like this
Posted Image

Here is a small linux tutorial what CHMOD does

http://www.computerh...unix/uchmod.htm

Edited by codycoyote, 07 October 2013 - 11:02 AM.

#66 shinmaru

shinmaru

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:36 AM

Hi there i need help with this pleas i'm noob

II) extract flash_image and recovery.img from CWM.zip and put flash_image and recovery.img into device in the same path
as the modified ADB Tool, e.g.

1#Where is the modified ADB Tool?

2#flash recovery.img into recovery partition with flash_image, e.g. Can someone pleas explane this for me.

Thanks in Advance

#67 codycoyote

codycoyote

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:36 PM

Hi there i need help with this pleas i'm noob

II) extract flash_image and recovery.img from CWM.zip and put flash_image and recovery.img into device in the same path
as the modified ADB Tool, e.g.

1#Where is the modified ADB Tool?

2#flash recovery.img into recovery partition with flash_image, e.g. Can someone pleas explane this for me.

Thanks in Advance

About 1#
The modified ADB tool is the Windows Program which is in the folder of the root tool which you used to root the device (Under No. 2 in the description)
https://www.dropbox...._icood70pro.zip

About 2#
You just have to unpack the zip file with all the containing Files in the same folder where the ADB Program on Windows PC is located
(you can use windows search ADB.* If you don't Know the folder)
http://files.androta...ER5274B_CWM.zip

#68 wiredwrong8

wiredwrong8

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:36 PM

Hiya

I bought a tablet recently, which i'm trying to root.

The tab from an ########### seller, displayed the specs of the tab I wanted, however the seller has (at a guess) never used it, because the specs are all wrong. Typical :( I'm hoping that someone in the community might know a trick or 2 to ID the tab and hopefully leading me to root it.

Ok, lets note the real specs: Source System Info app

Android version: 4.1.1
Release Codename: REL
API Level: 16
CPU ABI: armeabi-v7a
Manufacturer: rockchip
Bootloader: unknown
CPU ABI2: armeabi
Hardware: rk2928board
Radio: unknown
Board: rk2928sdk
Brand: rk2928sdk
Device: rk2928sdk
display: rk2928sdk-eng 4.1.1 JRO03h 20130716.102624 release-keys
Fingerprint: rk2928sdk/rk2928sdk/rk2928sdk:4.1.1/JRO03H/20130716.102624/release-keys
Host: server1
ID: JRO03H
Model: rk2928sdk
Product: rk2928sdk
Tags: release-keys
type: eng
User: liu

What I've found so far. The usb port on the tab is a 'otg' type. If I plug in the otg cable, device I connect to it works :( Connect an ordinary usb cable to connect the tab to my pc, I get an unknown device. "So install drivers" you say. That's the prob.

No matter which driver to install, the result is always the same thing. 'Unknown device' error. If in plug the usb, the tab should start charging. But it don't. I can't even access the mass storage mode. Completely locked. After some research, I found in the /system/etc/permissions folder is the file 'android.hardware.usb.host.xml', which is fantastic. But looking in the 'handheld_core_hardware.xml' file, the entry for the 'android.hardware.usb.host.xml' is missing. This is where I think the problem is. But to edit it, I need root access which it what I'm trying to do.

This is where I am and hoping someone in the community can help. I've tried z4root, and crashes both temp and perm. There must be a way around it, I mean how did it get in there in there first place?

Many thanks

#69 codycoyote

codycoyote

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:07 AM

Hiya

I bought a tablet recently, which i'm trying to root.

The tab from an ########### seller, displayed the specs of the tab I wanted, however the seller has (at a guess) never used it, because the specs are all wrong. Typical :( I'm hoping that someone in the community might know a trick or 2 to ID the tab and hopefully leading me to root it.

Ok, lets note the real specs: Source System Info app

Android version: 4.1.1
Release Codename: REL
API Level: 16
CPU ABI: armeabi-v7a
Manufacturer: rockchip
Bootloader: unknown
CPU ABI2: armeabi
Hardware: rk2928board
Radio: unknown
Board: rk2928sdk
Brand: rk2928sdk
Device: rk2928sdk
display: rk2928sdk-eng 4.1.1 JRO03h 20130716.102624 release-keys
Fingerprint: rk2928sdk/rk2928sdk/rk2928sdk:4.1.1/JRO03H/20130716.102624/release-keys
Host: server1
ID: JRO03H
Model: rk2928sdk
Product: rk2928sdk
Tags: release-keys
type: eng
User: liu

What I've found so far. The usb port on the tab is a 'otg' type. If I plug in the otg cable, device I connect to it works :( Connect an ordinary usb cable to connect the tab to my pc, I get an unknown device. "So install drivers" you say. That's the prob.

No matter which driver to install, the result is always the same thing. 'Unknown device' error. If in plug the usb, the tab should start charging. But it don't. I can't even access the mass storage mode. Completely locked. After some research, I found in the /system/etc/permissions folder is the file 'android.hardware.usb.host.xml', which is fantastic. But looking in the 'handheld_core_hardware.xml' file, the entry for the 'android.hardware.usb.host.xml' is missing. This is where I think the problem is. But to edit it, I need root access which it what I'm trying to do.

This is where I am and hoping someone in the community can help. I've tried z4root, and crashes both temp and perm. There must be a way around it, I mean how did it get in there in there first place?

Many thanks

Have you tried

Framaroot
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2130276

or
One Klick Root
http://www.oneclickroot.com/

or
Super One Klick Root
http://shortfuse.org/

#70 superrobot48

superrobot48

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:29 AM

Bro Need some help my device is Tm-Mid720
and i am sure this works but...
my usb port (of my tab) broke and i cant connect it with my pc
so if u could make me a update.zip that works with stock recovery it would be great and i have tried so many tutorials on make update.zip but none worked
so plz help

#71 codycoyote

codycoyote

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:15 AM

Bro Need some help my device is Tm-Mid720
and i am sure this works but...
my usb port (of my tab) broke and i cant connect it with my pc
so if u could make me a update.zip that works with stock recovery it would be great and i have tried so many tutorials on make update.zip but none worked
so plz help

could you explain a bit more. I don't really understand what you want to do with this update zip.

Do you want Install CWM?

If yes, you could try this method first
http://www.slatedroi...ost__p__1064849

#72 superrobot48

superrobot48

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:35 AM

Hi I can't connect to my PC to make adb work and it will be helpful if u create a update.zip for tm mid 720 stock recovery . Please create a update.zip to install su not cwm :-)

#73 sadeghhedayat

sadeghhedayat

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:26 PM

How can I root this device
please help me
How did you use?
Say the name of the program
MY device name is rk2928 sdk
My link

#74 codycoyote

codycoyote

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:28 PM

Hi I can't connect to my PC to make adb work and it will be helpful if u create a update.zip for tm mid 720 stock recovery . Please create a update.zip to install su not cwm :-)

Have you tried framaroot ? It is a apk tool that roots a lot of devices.

http://www.slatedroi...ost__p__1086049

Edited by codycoyote, 05 November 2013 - 01:29 PM.

#75 superrobot48

superrobot48

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:57 AM

Yes I have Tried iT , did not work

#76 sadeghhedayat

sadeghhedayat

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:08 PM

my tablet will not root
my tablet is rk2928
How can i go to recovery mode?
please help me

#77 kirev

kirev

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationSkopje, Macedonia

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:06 AM

my tablet will not root
my tablet is rk2928
please help me

Install Moborobo from the Moborobo site. Start it and then connect your tablet. Follow instructions. If it doesn't connect, try with installing MobileGo. Start it and connect the tablet. If it works it means that you have working ADB drivers and you can proceed to rooting.

My suggestion is to try Kingo Root. It is in English and pretty good one :). But, if it doesn't root your tablet, you can always go with Zhuo Dashi from www.dashi.com. The problem is it is in Chinese and you will have to install it blindly and click just click ROOT while connected. There are some english tutorials on the web for Zhuo Dashi.

Write here if you succeed. Or not. :)

EDIT:
Not to forget excellent guides at TopNotchTablets. PdaNet will recognize your tablet for sure!

Edited by kirev, 08 November 2013 - 03:42 AM.

#78 codycoyote

codycoyote

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:41 AM

my tablet will not root
my tablet is rk2928
please help me

Did Kirev's advice for rooting your device work? Please share it to us, so I can add it to the OP

Edited by codycoyote, 14 November 2013 - 10:42 AM.

• kirev likes this

#79 superrobot48

superrobot48

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:17 AM

Have you tried framaroot ? It is a apk tool that roots a lot of devices.

http://www.slatedroi...ost__p__1086049

no it wont work. when i try to install via recovery it shows verification faliled

#80 dami177500

dami177500

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:22 AM

Hello,

DV137-SPE tablet (from Clip Sonic Technology, french lowcost brand) successfully rooted!

Tanks to codycoyote!

Best regards,

Damien.

And now the CWM successfully installed to!

Thanks again to codycoyote!

It remains me to find how to remove this fu**ing boot splash screen (not the boot animation) added by the distributor.

Regards,

damien.

@codycoyote : can you explain how to re-activate Bluetooth, please?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

damien.

Edited by dami177500, 26 February 2014 - 12:28 PM.