#1 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

UPDATE: THIS FIRMWARE WAS MADE BASED ON N101 1 firmware but at the time I thought I was working on N101 II stuff. So this was supposed to be R5 for "Version 2" of the N101. However it is now R1 for the N101 I. The Build.prop is therefore incorrect in that it reports N101 II. Aside from that, I guess it should be fine on version 1 devices of the N101. Lucky accident for those folks I guess! Cheers and sorry! Roman

-Rooted
-Based on newer stock rom (2013.01.17)
-App partition is Larger
-Build.prop mod based on SGS II SGH-i777 for improved market
-Added Permission Files for improved market
-Removed Chinese Apps
-Framework.jar mod for better gameloft compatibility (Asphalt 7 now works)
-Added Video Editor, Asus Weather Widget, superSu, gallery with picasa support, ESfile Explorer, english dictionary fix
-JB Launcher
-Simplified and pretty boot animation
-Changed Annoying Keyboard Key-press sounds... now they are less annoying
-Default Background should be changed
-Changed "browser" start page to our Google paid search. Use it (free to use for you) to search web and you will be helping to support us as we release more free firmware. Can easily change this if you want.

**NEW**:
Go to: http://www.rockchipfirmware.com -->firmware -->pick your manufacturer -->download firmware

Traditional:
Go to: http://www.topnotchtablets.com/support , then click on the "firmware" button, then click "RKbatch" RK3066 Firmware Utility, Guide, & Firmware Images" and then finally click on the firmware image you want to download.

Flash using RKbatch.

Regards!

Roman

PS - Like the work? If you see a google ad on either site that appeals to your interests, click on it and check it out. Please DON'T just click to click or be nice! But if you see something genuinely interesting, please do click as our freely provided firmware is in part supported by our site ads.

Edited by Roman2025, 15 February 2013 - 04:52 PM.

www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#2 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

Hmmm....well Roman, what's your personal thought on this new 2013.01.17 ROM? Say compared to R4?

Just thought I'd pick your brain before I decide to flash :)

No idea as I don't have an N101 II to test on :lol:

I am developing roms for a lot of devices (just launched 5 roms today actually) I don't even own or sell now :)

It is indeed a flash at your own risk although I will say that I am following a checklist every time I make roms now so I don't miss anything. Now what the mfr. does in their firmware is unfortunately beyond me but 95% of the time newer is better :drinks:

Cheers,

Roman

PS - So, to the the dear community, if you don't mind jumping on this thread and answering these questions once you flash the firmware it would be greatly appreciated :) "broken boot" or broken root are things I will most certainly try to fix in time if you come across them. Stock firmware is also available for this tablet from the http://www.rockchipfirmware.com site if you need to revert.

Edited by Roman2025, 13 February 2013 - 02:22 PM.

www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#3 bluestang

bluestang

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:24 PM

Ok, thanks. You are supposed to keep 1 of every tablet :)

I'll give it a go this weekend maybe.
Ainol Novo 7 Adv -- from TopNotchTablets
Yuandao N101 II -- from TopNotchTablets

#4 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

Ok, thanks. You are supposed to keep 1 of every tablet :)

I'll give it a go this weekend maybe.

Yeah.... that got expensive quick.... :lol:

-Ayn Rand

#5 bluestang

bluestang

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

Roman, I think you have the wrong FW. It should be the 2013.01.11 from Yuandao, not the 2013.01.17 one. The 2013.01.11 is for the N101-2.
Ainol Novo 7 Adv -- from TopNotchTablets
Yuandao N101 II -- from TopNotchTablets

#6 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

FAIL!

I am changing this thread :) and have fixed the links on rockchipfirmware.com to match so that this is for the N101 I now. I will work on the N101 II stuff today.

This thread will now be "release 1" for the N101 I. Unfortunately the build.prop will be incorrect but that shouldn't affect the device itself and how it performs...

Regards,

Roman

-Ayn Rand

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users