Android Tablets Forum banner

TNT PiPo Smart S3 Firmware Release 1b

11K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Ochi 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
1b UPDATED changes from Release 1:
-Build.prop mod based on SGS III
-No more permissions or launcher changes, this may or may not fix issues reported. I had reports of crashing launcher so I switched back to stock.
-------------------------------------------

-Rooted
-Based on stock rom (2013.01.11)
-App partition is larger
-Removed Chinese Apps
-framework.jar mod for better gameloft compatibility (Asphalt 7 should now work)
-Added SuperSu, gallery with picasa support, ESfile Explorer, english dictionary fix
-Using JB Launcher
-Simplified and pretty boot animation
-Changed Annoying Keyboard Key-press sounds... now they are less annoying (based off Cyanogen sounds)
-Default Background should be changed
-Changed "browser" start page to our Google paid search. Use it (free to use for you) to search web and you will be helping to support us as we release more free firmware. Can easily change this if you want.

**NEW**:
Go to: http://www.rockchipfirmware.com -->firmware -->pick your manufacturer -->download firmware

Traditional:
Go to: http://www.topnotchtablets.com/support , then click on the "firmware" button, then click "RKbatch" RK3066 Firmware Utility, Guide, & Firmware Images" and then finally click on the firmware image you want to download.

EDIT: THIS IMAGE IS CURRENTLY ONLY AVAILABLE VIA ROCKCHIPFIRMWARE.COM

Flash using RKbatch.

Regards!

Roman

PS - Like the work? If you see a google ad on either site that appeals to your interests, click on it and check it out. Please DON'T just click to click or be nice! But if you see something genuinely interesting, please do click as our freely provided firmware is in part supported by our site ads.

See less See more
Reactions: Arbalath
#2 ·
That's great news, gonna try it next week when I'll have more time! How is overall stability? Stock roms are very laggy while multitasking, perhaps things improved?

#3 ·
I don't actually own this unit for testing so I am not sure. I am expanding my development efforts beyond what we just sell.

Kind regards,

Roman

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

#7 ·
Thanks all for the feedback. I stripped out the PiPo launcher in favor of JB stock but apparently it is breaking

Will make a 1b version of this with the stock launcher restored.

Thanks,

Roman

Reactions: SaltyDog
#8 ·
You all get green "+" for helpful feedback

Reactions: SaltyDog
#10 ·
1b now available, hopefully it fixes some of the reported issues.

Regards,

Roman

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi!

I'm new owner of one PIPO S3... It work great.
In fact this S3 its going to be a tablet for my 7 years old daughter. I think its going fine, her first tablet!

This firmwsre works great.
Just two things, I need your adviset:
* screenshooting button dissapear when push off in settings but after few minuts using tablet/apps this button going back again...
* any trick to prepare the tablet more for kids. For exemple launcher for kids, bigs icons of folders in main screen, or a good paremtal control... Any help?

Thanks for share your work

*** sorry for my poor english***
Desde Tapatalk!

#15 ·
hi,
thanks for this rom! works perfect for me,

just one thing, i've tried to play asphalt 7 and as you said, it works, it runs perfect, but i can't turn the car!
... do you have any idea on what the problem is?

again thanks for all.
saludos and sorry for my english

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.