Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

1b UPDATED changes from Release 1:
-Build.prop mod based on SGS III
-No more permissions or launcher changes, this may or may not fix issues reported. I had reports of crashing launcher so I switched back to stock.
-------------------------------------------

-Rooted
-Based on stock rom (2013.01.11)
-App partition is larger
-Removed Chinese Apps
-framework.jar mod for better gameloft compatibility (Asphalt 7 should now work)
-Added SuperSu, gallery with picasa support, ESfile Explorer, english dictionary fix
-Using JB Launcher
-Simplified and pretty boot animation
-Changed Annoying Keyboard Key-press sounds... now they are less annoying (based off Cyanogen sounds)
-Default Background should be changed
-Changed "browser" start page to our Google paid search. Use it (free to use for you) to search web and you will be helping to support us as we release more free firmware. Can easily change this if you want.

**NEW**:
Go to: http://www.rockchipfirmware.com -->firmware -->pick your manufacturer -->download firmware

Traditional:
Go to: http://www.topnotchtablets.com/support , then click on the "firmware" button, then click "RKbatch" RK3066 Firmware Utility, Guide, & Firmware Images" and then finally click on the firmware image you want to download.

EDIT: THIS IMAGE IS CURRENTLY ONLY AVAILABLE VIA ROCKCHIPFIRMWARE.COM

Flash using RKbatch.

Regards!

Roman

PS - Like the work? If you see a google ad on either site that appeals to your interests, click on it and check it out. Please DON'T just click to click or be nice! But if you see something genuinely interesting, please do click as our freely provided firmware is in part supported by our site ads.

Edited by Roman2025, 08 March 2013 - 09:19 AM.

• Arbalath likes this
www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#2 Arbalath

Arbalath

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

That's great news, gonna try it next week when I'll have more time! How is overall stability? Stock roms are very laggy while multitasking, perhaps things improved?

Tested tablets > Ainol: Elf II, Aurora II, Crystal, Hero, Fire | Pipo: S1, S1PRo, S3, S3PRo, M9, M8Pro | Yuandao: N70s(RK3066), N70s(RK3168) | FNF Ifive: Mini x3

Would recommend any time of the day or night > Pipo M9.

#3 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

I don't actually own this unit for testing so I am not sure. I am expanding my development efforts beyond what we just sell.

Kind regards,

Roman

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#4 yak_vi

yak_vi

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

Dont works in my S3, starting ok but Launcher dont works! i try reinstall by adb shell but nothing. Any fix for this?

Thanks!
  • Roman2025 likes this

#5 mixxxk

mixxxk

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

i can confirm same thing.... loads up , then "unfortunately, launcher has closed"

Dont works in my S3, starting ok but Launcher dont works! i try reinstall by adb shell but nothing. Any fix for this?

Thanks!

• Roman2025 likes this

#6 SaltyDog

SaltyDog

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

I've had the same problem with this ROM where the Launcher crashes.

Thanks!

• Roman2025 likes this

#7 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:33 PM

Thanks all for the feedback. I stripped out the PiPo launcher in favor of JB stock but apparently it is breaking :(.

Will make a 1b version of this with the stock launcher restored.

Thanks,

Roman
  • SaltyDog likes this

-Ayn Rand

#8 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

You all get green "+" for helpful feedback :)
  • SaltyDog likes this

-Ayn Rand

#9 brianmark

brianmark

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:59 AM

thanks for this rom.. the screenshoot button disappear...

Sent from my Titan TV S320 using Tapatalk 2

#10 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:20 AM

1b now available, hopefully it fixes some of the reported issues.

Regards,

Roman

-Ayn Rand

#11 Bourman

Bourman

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:29 AM

Thank you...

#12 SaltyDog

SaltyDog

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:37 AM

ROM Works perfect Roman...ty....but am wondering if anyone else has had issues with their S3 freezing or rebooting by itself.

#13 Gulliver DGF

Gulliver DGF

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:56 AM

Hi!

I'm new owner of one PIPO S3... It work great.
In fact this S3 its going to be a tablet for my 7 years old daughter. I think its going fine, her first tablet!

This firmwsre works great.
Just two things, I need your adviset:
* screenshooting button dissapear when push off in settings but after few minuts using tablet/apps this button going back again...
* any trick to prepare the tablet more for kids. For exemple launcher for kids, bigs icons of folders in main screen, or a good paremtal control... Any help?

Thanks for share your work

*** sorry for my poor english***
Desde Tapatalk!

Edited by Gulliver DGF, 28 March 2013 - 02:10 PM.

#14 Dudung

Dudung

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

Hello! Planning to root my Pipo S3, I just wanted to ask, after rooting what are the best root apps to install to maximize our unit? Are there any chances of bricking my unit in upgrade process in case of power failure or PC suddenly restart/shutdown? Thanks.

#15 jcrr78

jcrr78

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

hi,
thanks for this rom! works perfect for me, :yahoo:

just one thing, i've tried to play asphalt 7 and as you said, it works, it runs perfect, but i can't turn the car! :blink: ... do you have any idea on what the problem is?

again thanks for all.
saludos and sorry for my english :rolleyes:

#16 RedNothing

RedNothing

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:39 PM

This rom works awesome, got rid of all the chinese garbage and rooted it in one fell swoop!

I also have these random reboots though, and sometimes the S3 is fickle when I try to power it back on. Having to hold the button for a long time, then multiple tries, oweelll

#17 Ochi

Ochi

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:15 PM

Sir I'd there a new firmware for the pipo s3.? Or possibility of installing 4.2 on it plz... Reply for this.... Tnx...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users