USB hub on Ainol Venus tablet

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jiefurui

Jiefurui

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:46 AM

Has anyone tried using a USB hub on this tablet? I wanted to use a keyboard and a mouse at the same time. Tried to connect using a 4port USB hub but it won't work.

#2 M00NEY

M00NEY

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

I had similar issues getting it recognized from time to time, but once it connects it's all set.

I figured I just have a flakey usb slot on the tablet.

#3 Jiefurui

Jiefurui

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

Just found out that the USB hub that I bought can only have one port active at any one time. Couldn't believe it as that defeats the purpose of having one. Sure enough when I connected it to the computer, only one device was recognized. Will get a proper one and see if it works.

Edited by Jiefurui, 13 February 2013 - 09:24 PM.

#4 rui no onna

rui no onna

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

Just found out that the USB hub that I bought can only have one port active at any one time. Couldn't believe it as that defeats the purpose of having one. Sure enough when I connected it to the computer, only one device was recognized. Will get a proper one and see if it works.

You might want to get a powered hub, too. The port on the Venus might not be able to deliver enough power for multiple devices. By the way, there are several wireless keyboard/mouse combos which only use a single connector. I like Logitech's Unifying Receiver.

#5 Jiefurui

Jiefurui

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:42 AM

You might want to get a powered hub, too. The port on the Venus might not be able to deliver enough power for multiple devices. By the way, there are several wireless keyboard/mouse combos which only use a single connector. I like Logitech's Unifying Receiver.

Got it working with a powered hub.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users