• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JimSB

JimSB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

Can I break my wifi if the on and off switch are toggled to often? I am using Juice Defender and am curious if this will cause trouble with my wifi in the long run. Thanks.

Sent using Tapatalk

#2 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:06 PM

No it's fine, juice defender is a good app and can increase your battery life dramatically, I use it on all off my android devices. Toggling it on and off doesn't change the hardware in anyway, like turning a computer on and off, it just disables the software connection. So no worries.
If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
please consider a donation.
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#3 JimSB

JimSB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:43 PM

Thanks for the reply. Have another one.

I also have a Galaxy Nexus, takju version. On the advance wifi menu there is an option that says, Wifi Optimization, note below it is "Minimize battery usage when wifi is on"... How does this work? Thanks.

Sent using Tapatalk

#4 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:42 AM

I don't know for sure because I don't have one but my assumption is that it would change the scan interval to be longer, so it scans say every 120 seconds instead of every 60 seconds. I might also be more aggressive and turn the wifi on and off when you turn of the screen or go into sleep mode, sort of like how the juice defender app works.
If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
please consider a donation.
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#5 JimSB

JimSB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:52 AM

Thanks again!

Sent using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users