#1 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

Here at last... TNT R5 for the Yuandao N90 II CZ. Enjoy!

-Rooted
-Based on newer stock rom (Yuandao 01.10.2013 CZ)
-App partition still 2 GB
-Same Build.prop mod based on SGS II SGH-i777 for improved market. Fixed some othe build.prop mistakes from previous release.
-Same Permission Files mods for improved market
-framework.jar modification for Gameloft fix for some games
-Removed useless apps
-Added, superSu, gallery with picasa support, docs2go, ESfile Explorer, english dictionary fix
-Performance is smoother than ever...
-WiFi not coming on after sleep "seems" to be fixed (FINALLY) based on testing thus far...
-Added an OTA-Update Center Application, future releases (should there be any) may have access to OTA updates from TNT!
-Boot animation stays the same
-Default browser page has been changed to our google paid search page (you can change this to whatever you want). Using this helps support us as as we continue to release more free firmware. There is now a donation link on that page (by request actually... thanks :)...) so if you feel so inclined you are welcome to donate.

Two ways to get firmware now:

**NEW**:
Go to: http://www.rockchipfirmware.com -->firmware -->pick your manufacturer -->download firmware

Traditional:
Go to: http://www.topnotchtablets.com/support , then click on the "firmware" button, then click "RKbatch" RK3066 Firmware Utility, Guide, & Firmware Images" and then finally click on the firmware image you want to download.

Flash using RKbatch.

Regards!

Roman

PS - Like the work? If you see a google ad on either site that appeals to your interests, click on it and check it out. Please DON'T just click to click or be nice! But if you see something genuinely interesting, please do click as our freely provided firmware is in part supported by our site ads.
www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#2 knight2549

knight2549

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

Thank you very much. That is not the version 5. :clapping: :good:

#3 copolla

copolla

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:00 AM

hello

Thank's for the new release but for me in release 5 the ex.sd is not accessible. I can see the files in it but i can' write or store anything. The permissions are dr-. Is there any way for manually fix? A plus in this version is that the people.apk is visible. A minus that the ethernet on/off switch has moved. For me the TNT v.4 was better. Switching back.. :(

#4 didier

didier

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:06 AM

Hi, to download and install the files, do I have to download them first to my laptop and the unzip? or straight to the tablet? I have them on my laptop now but can´t get further. Please a little help. Thanks

#5 copolla

copolla

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:13 AM

Hi, to download and install the files, do I have to download them first to my laptop and the unzip? or straight to the tablet? I have them on my laptop now but can´t get further. Please a little help. Thanks

Hi.

Read the flashing guide from roman2025 http://www.topnotcht...768&iframe=true

#6 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

I have made firmware for the N90 "S" now as well. I will be posting about it in the main Yuandao forum once it is done uploading. Seems like some folks asked for it...

Regards,

Roman
www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#7 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

hello

Thank's for the new release but for me in release 5 the ex.sd is not accessible. I can see the files in it but i can' write or store anything. The permissions are dr-. Is there any way for manually fix? A plus in this version is that the people.apk is visible. A minus that the ethernet on/off switch has moved. For me the TNT v.4 was better. Switching back.. :(

I will check the MSD card slot. You can run ES File Explorer in root mode though and it should access the card (RW) no problem if you need to move files back and forth. External SD can't be used for 98% of apps so I would imagine root access via ES File Explorer should be sufficient. External SD issues are common on RK3066 boards unfortunately. I might be able to fix it (it is a permissions issue) however attempts to do as much in the past on other firmwares have often made things worse (go figure, but we try...).

I didn't remember an ethernet on/off switch in the previous firmware but honestly didn't use a wired adapter so I wouldn't remember :). It shouldn't be an issue for most but yeah, I agree, it would be nice if they kept the switch front and center in settings.

VS. Version 4. I find that the WiFi sleep bug -finally- being fixed makes me never want to go back to an older release as that was extremely annoying for me. The interface and OS being a bit more smoothed out is also nice, not that version 4 was slow, but in this new stock firmware (and our version 5) it really seems to be even more snappy.

Kind regards and thanks for the feedback!

Roman

-Ayn Rand

#8 Voulez

Voulez

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:43 AM

Many thanks for the prompt release of the TnT5 for our tablet Roman.
I can confirm that using Es Explorer with all root privileges enabled in settings does make external SD card accessible
Only problem i have been having since upgrading from Yuaodao original firmware is with the OTA Updater.
Trying to run it results in the message: "Error fetching update info: Invalid Rom (tntn90ii) & device (i777) combo!" in the available
updates section.
Any way to fix this?
Cheers.

#9 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

Many thanks for the prompt release of the TnT5 for our tablet Roman.
I can confirm that using Es Explorer with all root privileges enabled in settings does make external SD card accessible
Only problem i have been having since upgrading from Yuaodao original firmware is with the OTA Updater.
Trying to run it results in the message: "Error fetching update info: Invalid Rom (tntn90ii) & device (i777) combo!" in the available
updates section.
Any way to fix this?
Cheers.

It should open up just fine but actually updating isn't going to do anything for you as there are none. I have registered with the site and will possibly offer future updates via OTA but haven't decided one way or the other just yet. Regardless, I wanted to setup all of our new firmware to use it so I had the option of pursuing that route for distribution if I wanted to. It is there for "future use" so to speak.

Kind Regards,

Roman

-Ayn Rand

#10 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:39 AM

I busted the USB port off of my N90ii last night... that means this is probably my last "official" firmware update for this device ;). I can't really test anything I make in the future. So I still might make more firmware but beware lol :).

-Roman

-Ayn Rand

#11 djreedoo

djreedoo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

Thanks a lot Roman!

I have an issue with TNT5...brightness can't be lowered to it's minimum.. so it's seems like it's beginning at 30%...anyone else encountered that?

Envoyé depuis mon SGH-I777 avec Tapatalk

Edited by djreedoo, 13 February 2013 - 03:53 PM.

#12 AMSBatista

AMSBatista

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:30 AM

Thanks a lot Roman!

I have an issue with TNT5...brightness can't be lowered to it's minimum.. so it's seems like it's beginning at 30%...anyone else encountered that?

I have these problem :(. I installed the Night Mode app to reduce brightness when i need ! But not is a solution, is one workaround

#13 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

I think that is a graphical glitch on the quick control and that the brightness does go down all the way. You get the full slider in the setting menu and it appears to have the full range.

Regards,

Roman

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

-Ayn Rand

#14 djreedoo

djreedoo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

Ok thx!

#15 AMSBatista

AMSBatista

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:57 AM

I busted the USB port off of my N90ii last night... that means this is probably my last "official" firmware update for this device ;). I can't really test anything I make in the future. So I still might make more firmware but beware lol :).

-Roman

Try this method by AKIM14 (http://www.slatedroi...e-from-sd-card/)

Micro SD Method

Updating your system through micro sd does NOT update the kernel. It only updates boot, recovery and system.
Steps:
1) Copy update.img to the root of your micro sd card. If you don't have a micro sd card you can also copy to the internal /sdcard directory.

2) Either insert your micro sd card, unmount and mount micro sd or sdcard, or reboot.

3) The system will ask you if you'd like to update. Choose yes. It will then reboot into recovery and update your system.

4) When the process is finished the system will reboot and ask you if you'd like to delete update.img. Say yes otherwise it may try it again.

#16 akim14

akim14

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:06 AM

it is not mine, i just found it and posted
My NEW PROJECT for Newman NM890 is coming soon!

here is my old stage of life
Check my new project Stuff that makes your device fly (Window (Yuandao) N90II DualCore

#17 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

Try this method by AKIM14 (http://www.slatedroi...e-from-sd-card/)

Micro SD Method

Updating your system through micro sd does NOT update the kernel. It only updates boot, recovery and system.
Steps:
1) Copy update.img to the root of your micro sd card. If you don't have a micro sd card you can also copy to the internal /sdcard directory.

2) Either insert your micro sd card, unmount and mount micro sd or sdcard, or reboot.

3) The system will ask you if you'd like to update. Choose yes. It will then reboot into recovery and update your system.

4) When the process is finished the system will reboot and ask you if you'd like to delete update.img. Say yes otherwise it may try it again.

Thanks! Will give it a go!

-Ayn Rand

#18 djreedoo

djreedoo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:41 AM

Hi, another issue that I noticed with this firmware is that it doesn't charge properly..... can't charge it to 100%. Max as far as I tried for 10 hours is 96% and the battery icon shows a charging icon even unplugged.

#19 AMSBatista

AMSBatista

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:32 AM

In my case tablet charged to 100%, but a the battery compared to the previous ROM has less autonomy I think these problem is related with the brightness (brightness can't be lowered to it's minimum.. so it's seems like it's beginning at 30%).

Someone have this problem ?

#20 bradstallion

bradstallion

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:06 AM

Here at last... TNT R5 for the Yuandao N90 II CZ. Enjoy!

-Rooted
-Based on newer stock rom (Yuandao 01.10.2013 CZ)
-App partition still 2 GB
-Same Build.prop mod based on SGS II SGH-i777 for improved market. Fixed some othe build.prop mistakes from previous release.
-Same Permission Files mods for improved market
-framework.jar modification for Gameloft fix for some games
-Removed useless apps
-Added, superSu, gallery with picasa support, docs2go, ESfile Explorer, english dictionary fix
-Performance is smoother than ever...
-WiFi not coming on after sleep "seems" to be fixed (FINALLY) based on testing thus far...
-Added an OTA-Update Center Application, future releases (should there be any) may have access to OTA updates from TNT!
-Boot animation stays the same
-Default browser page has been changed to our google paid search page (you can change this to whatever you want). Using this helps support us as as we continue to release more free firmware. There is now a donation link on that page (by request actually... thanks :)...) so if you feel so inclined you are welcome to donate.

Two ways to get firmware now:

**NEW**:
Go to: http://www.rockchipfirmware.com -->firmware -->pick your manufacturer -->download firmware

Traditional:
Go to: http://www.topnotchtablets.com/support , then click on the "firmware" button, then click "RKbatch" RK3066 Firmware Utility, Guide, & Firmware Images" and then finally click on the firmware image you want to download.

Flash using RKbatch.

Regards!

Roman

PS - Like the work? If you see a google ad on either site that appeals to your interests, click on it and check it out. Please DON'T just click to click or be nice! But if you see something genuinely interesting, please do click as our freely provided firmware is in part supported by our site ads.

thanks a lot, but I cannot find a file named ...TNT5... following your links. I'm downloading Yuandao.N90.2-CZ-4.1.1-20130110-CZ.zip (468MB) from the first link: is it the correct one?
Thanks a gain