Photo

Can someone please compile TWRP 2.4.1.0?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 yash_072

yash_072

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

TWRP 2.4.1.0 source is available can someone compile it for our crystal? :)

#2 Diabliel

Diabliel

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

Try whit https://docs.google....Rlc0bks3THFURTg is for batch 3 but i think it must be working for you.

#3 yash_072

yash_072

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

Try whit https://docs.google....Rlc0bks3THFURTg is for batch 3 but i think it must be working for you.

not working while entering recovery the tablet gets stuck on green android robot :(

#4 cxz

cxz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

TWRP v2.4.1.0 done by Christian Troy
http://www.slatedroi...ery-twrp-v2410/

Nice program. Though adb doesn't work with it, like in fldc's thread. (I've batch2 121108)
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, or don't use right "magical gimmicks"``

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
List of devices attached

Edited by cxz, 14 February 2013 - 05:55 PM.

#5 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

As far as I know those recoveries are compiled with the kernels for the devices, so I'm surprised that you can flash from it. With the ADB, did you try "adb kill-server" -> "adb start-server" and then "adb devices" to see if it connects?
If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
please consider a donation.
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#6 cxz

cxz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:22 AM

As far as I know those recoveries are compiled with the kernels for the devices, so I'm surprised that you can flash from it. With the ADB, did you try "adb kill-server" -> "adb start-server" and then "adb devices" to see if it connects?

A version for Crystal's batches 1&2 is there... I haven't yet tried flashing, just the backup and that nice interface...
Yep, I've done those... some gimmick was mentioned in fldc's thread (starting adb sideload etc.), but I've not managed to repeat it.

#7 Christian Troy

Christian Troy

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,673 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:41 AM

I have the following amlogic devices, all of them running TWRP:

- ainol elf2
. ainol aurora2
- ainol fire
- zenithink c97

adb works on all of them: in fact I only use "adb push" for sending new flashable .zips to the device.
Btw I use linux, I don't even lose my time trying to do something that easy like ADB (that requires only write permissions on the usb device, in fact on linux you just have to instruct udev to set the correct permissions for that vip/pid, you don't have to install anything) with a windows driver

Edited by Christian Troy, 15 February 2013 - 02:45 AM.

If you appreciate my work and would like to support me with a donation you can follow this link. Thank you very much.

* Actions ATM7029 - CM10.2 - CM10.1 - AOKP (4.3) - AOKP (4.2) - ParanoidAndroid (4.3)
* Allwinner A31 - OmniRom 4.4 - CM11 - CM10.2 - CM10.1 - CM10 - AOKP (4.3) - AOKP (4.2) - ParanoidAndroid (4.3) - ParanoidAndroid (4.2)
* Amlogic 8726-MX - OmniRom 4.4 - CM11 - CM10.2 - CM10.1 - CM10 - CM9 - AOKP (4.3) - AOKP (4.2) - ParanoidAndroid (4.3) - ParanoidAndroid (4.2)
* Allwinner A10 - CM10 - CM9 - AOKP

tmF4C.png

#8 cxz

cxz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

For some reason my tab didn't recognize TWRP's product id as a new device.
Removing some registry keys and re-installing the adb drivers fixed the problem.

Here is adb drivers for windows with correct product ids (of Crystal) taken from boot's init.rc
http://yadi.sk/d/54lX5c2O386XU

#9 pepoluan

pepoluan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:08 AM

A quick question, please forgive my n00bishness...

In the TWRP thread, there are 3 downloads for the Crystal. Since I'm using Crystal Clear with SD Swap, I guess I have to download the 2nd link (the TWRP for swapped SD).

My question: Do I need to flash and download the 3rd file? (The one under the "ext4 and datamedia" heading)

Do bear in mind that my ROM is Crystal Clear, my SD Cards are swapped, and aside from flashing CWM into the NAND, I didn't do anything else.
I am Nobody.
Nobody is Perfect.

My Tablet: Ainol Novo 7 Crystal with Crystal Clear ROM (SD Swapped)
My Phone: Samsung Galaxy W (GT-I8150) with CyanogenMod 9 ROM (SD Swapped)

#10 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

A quick question, please forgive my n00bishness...

In the TWRP thread, there are 3 downloads for the Crystal. Since I'm using Crystal Clear with SD Swap, I guess I have to download the 2nd link (the TWRP for swapped SD).

My question: Do I need to flash and download the 3rd file? (The one under the "ext4 and datamedia" heading)

Do bear in mind that my ROM is Crystal Clear, my SD Cards are swapped, and aside from flashing CWM into the NAND, I didn't do anything else.

You don't need the ext4 one. I don't know about the sd swapped version because I don't swap my SD cards. I'm guessing that if you swapped them it would work but Christian Troy does label the sd card mount points differently in his builds.
If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
please consider a donation.
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#11 pepoluan

pepoluan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

You don't need the ext4 one. I don't know about the sd swapped version because I don't swap my SD cards. I'm guessing that if you swapped them it would work but Christian Troy does label the sd card mount points differently in his builds.

Thanks for the explanation!

Hmm... I guess I'll just need to try it out then... here's to hoping it won't brick my tablet, or the missus would be very very mad... ;)
I am Nobody.
Nobody is Perfect.

#12 cxz

cxz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:37 AM

Thanks for the explanation!

Hmm... I guess I'll just need to try it out then... here's to hoping it won't brick my tablet, or the missus would be very very mad... ;)

You won't, but why don't you just run it from sdcard then?

#13 pepoluan

pepoluan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

You won't, but why don't you just run it from sdcard then?

I was thinking more of what might happen if I do a Nandroid backup... then restore it.
I am Nobody.
Nobody is Perfect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users