Photo

Ainol Novo 7 Fire screen is very dim even at 100% brightness, fixes?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 werbed

werbed

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

Up until this point I have done these (from what I recall): tried to install CM10 -> bricked -> unbricked it -> tried to install AOKP (?) -> bricked -> unbricked it -> installed Feiyu 0131 4.0.4 and everything works great.

But the screen brightness dropped lower after the first failure to root (I have no idea what caused it). There's also a grey "cloud" over the screen so its not as bright as it should be...

Here's a comparison picture, the bottom Fire is obviously the one with the problem:

Posted Image

The top one still has Ainol's stock rom installed.

Any ideas? Fixes? I couldn't find anything related to this issue.

#2 xer0backlash

xer0backlash

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

If you have a TM screen and installed a QM ROM the screen will be dim and greyish. Did you install the correct ROM?

#3 werbed

werbed

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

If you have a TM screen and installed a QM ROM the screen will be dim and greyish. Did you install the correct ROM?

Yes that's what happened, I forgot about it! I have a TM screen and accidentally installed a QM ROM.
I couldn't find solutions to that now, are there ways to fix this? Thanks for your reply.

#4 xer0backlash

xer0backlash

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

Yes that's what happened, I forgot about it! I have a TM screen and accidentally installed a QM ROM.
I couldn't find solutions to that now, are there ways to fix this? Thanks for your reply.

Simple solution: Just re-flash the same ROM through recovery, except this time install the TM version.

#5 werbed

werbed

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:57 PM

Simple solution: Just re-flash the same ROM through recovery, except this time install the TM version.

YES, it worked! Thank you very much! :drinks: