How to get anti_hero on your Hero
- 1 - Download Ainol Hero 0128 Stock Firmware from the ROM’s official thread
- 2 - Format your 1-2GB micro SD card in FAT32. (I use SD Formatter with the option set to "FULL (Overwrite)" It takes around 5 minutes to complete and has even got a few of my old SD cards going again.) Here is the link if you want to use it: https://www.sdcard.o...ds/formatter_3/
- 3 - Extract the files and put them on the root of your micro SD card (not inside a folder) it should look like this:
- 4 - Insert micro SD card and boot your Hero into stock recovery by holding power and vol – for 3-7 seconds
- 5 - Wipe data/factory reset
- 6 - Wipe cache
- 7 - Wipe media partition
- 8 - Apply update from EXT and Flash ROM
- 9 - Wipe cache
- 10 - Wipe media partition
- 11 - Remove micro SD card
- 12 - Reboot – When the Hero loads to the home screen power off. If your coming from a custom ROM back to a stock ROM you may get a black screen or fuzzy android. If so hard reset by inserting a paperclip or pin into the mic hole and repeat steps 4-12 then continue with the guide.
- 13 - Boot your Hero into stock recovery by holding power and vol – for 3-7 seconds
- 14 - Wipe data/factory reset
- 15 - Wipe cache
- 16 - Wipe media partition
- 17 - Hard reset by inserting a paper clip or pin in the mic hole
- 18 - From the ROM’s official thread download the correct version of TWRP (22.214.171.124), the most recent version of anti_hero.zip and its comp_zip (plus additional_apps if you want them)
- 19 - Format your 1-2GB micro SD card in FAT32 or "QUICK" format if using SD Formatter
- 20 - Extract the uImage_recovery file from the TWRP-126.96.36.199 WinRAR archive you have just downloaded and place it in the root of your micro SD card then put the other zip files directly on to the root of your micro SD cards (no need to extract) it should look like this:
additional_apps (if you wanted them)
- 21 - Insert the micro SD card and boot your Hero into TWRP by holding power and vol – for 3-7 seconds
- 22 - Install/Flash - anti_hero_v1.5_signed + anti_hero_0128_compatibility_v1.3 + additional_apps (if you wanted them)
- 23 - Wipe cache/dalvik
- 24 - Reboot and enjoy anti_hero
This works for me, but our Heros are very finicky when it comes to flashing a ROM. If this works 100% for others please post back and let us know so it can hopefully be attached to fuser's opening post as a basic guide. If it doesn't work on your Hero it might be a different build ect. therefore steps might have amend notes so please post back with your experience we can expand the guide to include everyone. I need your feedback guys!
Hope this helps?
Edited by ant-uk, 09 March 2013 - 07:27 AM.