• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • LocationDerbyshire - England

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

Ok here I go..........

How to get anti_hero on your Hero

• 1 - Download Ainol Hero 0128 Stock Firmware from the ROM’s official thread
  • 2 - Format your 1-2GB micro SD card in FAT32. (I use SD Formatter with the option set to "FULL (Overwrite)" It takes around 5 minutes to complete and has even got a few of my old SD cards going again.) Here is the link if you want to use it: https://www.sdcard.o...ds/formatter_3/
  • 3 - Extract the files and put them on the root of your micro SD card (not inside a folder) it should look like this:

Novo1003-Hero-0128.zip
    aml_autoscript
    build.prop
    u-boot.bin
    uImage_recovery

• 4 - Insert micro SD card and boot your Hero into stock recovery by holding power and vol – for 3-7 seconds
  • 5 - Wipe data/factory reset
  • 6 - Wipe cache
  • 7 - Wipe media partition
  • 8 - Apply update from EXT and Flash ROM
  • 9 - Wipe cache
  • 10 - Wipe media partition
  • 11 - Remove micro SD card
  • 12 - Reboot – When the Hero loads to the home screen power off. If your coming from a custom ROM back to a stock ROM you may get a black screen or fuzzy android. If so hard reset by inserting a paperclip or pin into the mic hole and repeat steps 4-12 then continue with the guide.
  • 13 - Boot your Hero into stock recovery by holding power and vol – for 3-7 seconds
  • 14 - Wipe data/factory reset
  • 15 - Wipe cache
  • 16 - Wipe media partition
  • 17 - Hard reset by inserting a paper clip or pin in the mic hole
  • 18 - From the ROM’s official thread download the correct version of TWRP (2.3.3.0), the most recent version of anti_hero.zip and its comp_zip (plus additional_apps if you want them)
  • 19 - Format your 1-2GB micro SD card in FAT32 or "QUICK" format if using SD Formatter
  • 20 - Extract the uImage_recovery file from the TWRP-2.3.3.0 WinRAR archive you have just downloaded and place it in the root of your micro SD card then put the other zip files directly on to the root of your micro SD cards (no need to extract) it should look like this:

uImage_recovery
    anti_hero_v1.5_signed
    anti_hero_0128_compatibility_v1.3
    additional_apps (if you wanted them)

• 21 - Insert the micro SD card and boot your Hero into TWRP by holding power and vol – for 3-7 seconds
  • 22 - Install/Flash - anti_hero_v1.5_signed + anti_hero_0128_compatibility_v1.3 + additional_apps (if you wanted them)
  • 23 - Wipe cache/dalvik
  • 24 - Reboot and enjoy anti_hero
[/list]
This works for me, but our Heros are very finicky when it comes to flashing a ROM. If this works 100% for others please post back and let us know so it can hopefully be attached to fuser's opening post as a basic guide. If it doesn't work on your Hero it might be a different build ect. therefore steps might have amend notes so please post back with your experience we can expand the guide to include everyone. I need your feedback guys!
Hope this helps?

Edited by ant-uk, 09 March 2013 - 07:27 AM.

• fuser-invent and andreas89 like this

#122 fdwa

fdwa

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:33 PM

Ok here I go..........

• Download Ainol Hero 0128 Stock Firmware from the ROM’s official thread
  • Format your 1-2GB micro SD card in FAT32
  • Extract the files and put them on the root of your micro SD card (not inside a folder) it should look like this:

Novo1003-Hero-0128.zip
    aml_autoscript
    build.prop
    u-boot.bin
    uImage_recovery

• Insert micro SD card and boot your Hero into stock recovery by holding power and vol – for 3-7 seconds
  • Wipe data/factory reset
  • Wipe cache
  • Wipe media partition
  • Apply update from EXT and Flash ROM
  • Wipe cache
  • Wipe media partition
  • Remove micro SD card
  • Reboot – When the Hero loads to the home screen power off.
  • Boot your Hero into stock recovery by holding power and vol – for 3-7 seconds
  • Wipe cache
  • Wipe media partition
  • Hard reset by inserting a paper clip or pin in the mic hole
  • From the ROM’s official thread download the correct version of TWRP (2.3.3.0), the most recent version of anti_hero.zip and its comp_zip (plus additional_apps if you want them)
  • Extract the uImage_recovery file from the TWRP-2.3.3.0 WinRAR archive you have just downloaded and place it in the root of your micro SD card then put the other zip files directly on to the root of your micro SD cards (no need to extract) it should look like this:

uImage_recovery
    anti_hero_v1.5_signed

• Insert the micro SD card and boot your Hero into TWRP by holding power and vol – for 3-7 seconds
  • Install/Flash - anti_hero_v1.5_signed + anti_hero_0128_compatibility_v1.3 + additional_apps (if you wanted them)
  • Wipe cache/dalvik
  • Reboot and enjoy anti_hero
[/list]
This works for me, but our Heros are very finicky when it comes to flashing a ROM. If this works 100% for others please post back and let us know so it can hopefully be attached to fuser's opening post as a basic guide. If it doesn't work on your Hero it might be a different build ect. therefore steps might have amend notes so please post back with your experience we can expand the guide to include everyone. I need your feedback guys!
Hope this helps?

it works for me :yahoo:

i install the g-sensor_fix_1116 also

thank you

#123 nickval

nickval

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:45 AM

Ok, i managed to install it without the "black screen", but there seem to be a few problems:
1) Some Gameloft games do not work
2) The youtube app you have in the rom does not work, and when i try to install another versios via a .apk i cannot install it!

Edit: I fixed the youtube app...

Edited by nickval, 08 March 2013 - 05:00 AM.

#124 hankchad

hankchad

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:02 AM

Ok here I go..........

• Extract the files and put them on the root of your micro SD card (not inside a folder) it should look like this:

Novo1003-Hero-0128.zip
    aml_autoscript
    build.prop
    u-boot.bin
    uImage_recovery

• Insert micro SD card and boot your Hero into stock recovery by holding power and vol – for 3-7 seconds
  • Wipe cache
  • Wipe media partition
  • Wipe cache
  • Wipe media partition
  • Remove micro SD card
  • Wipe cache
  • Wipe media partition
  • From the ROM’s official thread download the correct version of TWRP (2.3.3.0), the most recent version of anti_hero.zip and its comp_zip (plus additional_apps if you want them)
  • Extract the uImage_recovery file from the TWRP-2.3.3.0 WinRAR archive you have just downloaded and place it in the root of your micro SD card then put the other zip files directly on to the root of your micro SD cards (no need to extract) it should look like this:

uImage_recovery
    anti_hero_v1.5_signed

• Insert the micro SD card and boot your Hero into TWRP by holding power and vol – for 3-7 seconds
  • Install/Flash - anti_hero_v1.5_signed + anti_hero_0128_compatibility_v1.3 + additional_apps (if you wanted them)
  • Wipe cache/dalvik
[/list]
Hope this helps?

Do I still follow this guide if I am coming from CM10? Thanks for your help

#125 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:47 AM

Ok, i managed to install it without the "black screen", but there seem to be a few problems:
1) Some Gameloft games do not work
2) The youtube app you have in the rom does not work, and when i try to install another versios via a .apk i cannot install it!

Edit: I fixed the youtube app...

1. Are your Gameloft Games officially downloaded from the play store market? If so which ones are not working. Not that there is anything I can do about it, but I'd like to know.
2. How did you "fix" the YouTube app? I just opened it and it was okay.
If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
please consider a donation.
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#126 andreas89

andreas89

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:46 AM

Ok here I go..........

Novo1003-Hero-0128.zip
    aml_autoscript
    build.prop
    u-boot.bin
    uImage_recovery

• Wipe cache
  • Wipe media partition
  • Wipe cache
  • Wipe media partition
  • Remove micro SD card
  • Wipe cache
  • Wipe media partition

uImage_recovery
    anti_hero_v1.5_signed

• Wipe cache/dalvik
[/list]
Hope this helps?

Dude you rock!!!Everything went smooth. Thx again for your help.

#127 ant-uk

ant-uk

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:40 PM

@ hankchad - Yeah just follow the guide, when your downgrading from a custom ROM back to stock 0128 you might have to flash twice (double flash) the stock ROM. So when you get to the first reboot (step 12) you may get a black screen or a fuzzy green android logo just do this...
Hard reset by inserting a paperclip or pin in the mic hole
Repeat steps 4-12
Continue with the guide.
I'll include those steps in the guide for others to reference.

@ andreas89 + nickval + fdwa - THANKS! :good:

#128 nickval

nickval

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:42 PM

1. Are your Gameloft Games officially downloaded from the play store market? If so which ones are not working. Not that there is anything I can do about it, but I'd like to know.
2. How did you "fix" the YouTube app? I just opened it and it was okay.

Yes, the games are downloaded from the play store. Itried Modern Combat 3 and Backstab. These 2 didnt work,but asphalt 6 worked.
As for the youtubeapp, as i said, the "stock" app didnt work, i unistalled it, tried to install another version which in another rom worked fine but in yours didnt. Finally i installed 3rd version and now all is fine.
Besides these points, all is fine

#129 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

A little delayed but here you go:

ANTI-HERO v1.5 by fuser-invent
--- Hybrid ROM Based on Official Stock 0128 Firmware and CM10 ---

Change Log

ANTI-HERO v1.5

• Updated SuperSU root package.
  • Temporarily removed some init.d scripts until I have more time to test them on the Hero (similar tablet).
  • Minor changes to some tweaks/mods to fit the Hero better.
  • Minor changes to the build.prop
  • May or may not have fixed Wifi issues for some users. Let me know.
  • Removed some unused files
  • General performance boost

If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#130 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

Can anyone else report on the YouTube app? Mine works fine. Of course if there is one that works better, I'd love to be able to replace the older one in there. So if you can send me a link for download that would be awesome.

Also anyone else own any Gameloft games? I only have Asphalt 7. Just to be clear though, there is probably nothing I can do because the smali hack is already there and working. So if Gameloft started using some other way to limit the devices their apps work on then we'll have to wait until someone else figures out a fix. As far as I know Christian Troy figured out the smali hack.

Edited by fuser-invent, 08 March 2013 - 05:52 PM.

#131 pieshtas

pieshtas

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:01 AM

Hi fuser,
Is there any way to disable vibrate ? In skype i cannot disable it when the message arrives, if i turn off all notifications i cannot even see skype logo in the bottom. So i was wondering is there any command in terminal emulator to disable the vibrate. Overall in the hero vibrate feels not good.
Thanks,
P.s. thanks for your hard work and great rom my hero works like a charm, i love it.

#132 nickval

nickval

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:57 AM

The version i got working is this:

YouTube 4.1.47

#133 ant-uk

ant-uk

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:29 AM

The version i got working is this:

YouTube 4.1.47

The version installed is 4.1.23 which worked fine might I add. I've also just tried 4.1.47 it works fine on my Hero. Nice spot :good:
The link didn't work though, I just googled it!
Also made a few amendments to my post #121 How to get anti_hero on your Hero.

Edited by ant-uk, 09 March 2013 - 07:31 AM.

#134 BullMsa

BullMsa

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:24 AM

YouTube 4.1.23 works flawlessly for me.

#135 TheMan1o1

TheMan1o1

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

Does this FW fix issue with Skype? The other person cant hear a thing clearly, too much noise.
Issue with Mic driver ?

#136 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:00 PM

Does this FW fix issue with Skype? The other person cant hear a thing clearly, too much noise.
Issue with Mic driver ?

My guess is that it is the crappy mic hardware, I don't use skype though, you should be able to use a headset with a built in microphone if you are having issues.

#137 TheMan1o1

TheMan1o1

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

But will headset with built in mic work? the novo doesn't have a mic IN port.

#138 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:03 PM

But will headset with built in mic work? the novo doesn't have a mic IN port.

People have reported that the Hero has a TRS or maybe a TRRS headphone jack, I don't have one of those headsets to check with but those jacks are made to be compatible with headphones that also have a microphone. I'm talking about those kinds headsets that you get with an iphone and have two ear buds and a microphone built into the headphone cord.

#139 Slavomir

Slavomir

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

Dear fuser-invent,

Thank you for beautiful ainol hero rom.
Let me inform you about issue with 1.5:

Problem with vpn connection, after sucessfull connect to vpn (pptp or vpncilla) packets are send only from tablet to server, but not backward,
few seconds later connection dropped due to inactivity. After return to anti-hero 1.4 everything works normally.

Regards
Slavomir

#140 Tzul

Tzul

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:29 AM

People have reported that the Hero has a TRS or maybe a TRRS headphone jack, I don't have one of those headsets to check with but those jacks are made to be compatible with headphones that also have a microphone. I'm talking about those kinds headsets that you get with an iphone and have two ear buds and a microphone built into the headphone cord.

All Ainol tablets have only a TRS headphone jack, as far as I know. No mic in capability. You'll probably get no sound when using a headset with TRRS plug.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users