• LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

-Rooted
-Based on stock rom (1220)
-App partition is 2 GB
-Build.prop mod based on SGS II SGH-i777 for improved market
-Added Permission Files for improved market
-Removed Chinese Apps
-framework.jar mod for better gameloft compatibility (Asphalt 7 now works)
-Added Video Editor, Asus Weather Widget, Genie Widget, and Signal Booster, root explorer, superSu, gallery with picasa support, docs2go, ESfile Explorer, english dictionary fix
-Changed Launcher to Jelly Bean one, should be smoother.
-Simplified and pretty boot animation
-Changed Annoying Keyboard Key-press sounds... now they are less annoying
-Default Background should be changed
-Also, the default home page for "browser" is set to our site's custom google search. You can change this if you like, or support free firmware releases from us by using it =).

TWO PLACES TO GET IT...

FROM my NEW WEBSITE (oh so fancy...): http://www.rockchipfirmware.com --> firmware downloads --> Ployer --> Be sure to get it from the TNT Firmware section...

-OR-

FROM the TNT website SUPPORT section:
Official Release 2 Firmware now available! Go to: http://www.topnotchtablets.com/support , then click on the "firmware" button, then click "RKbatch" RK3066 Firmware Utility, Guide, & Firmware Images" and then finally click, "Ployer Momo 12 TNT Release 2 Firmware Image" to download the firmware image.

Kind Regards,

Roman

PS - Like the work? If you see a google ad on my site that appeals to your interests, click on it and check it out. Please DON'T just click to click or be nice! But if you see something genuinely interesting, please do click as our freely provided firmware is in part supported by our site ads.

PSS - If you think the change notes looks almost identical to release 1 it is because they pretty much are. I am not sure what changes ployer has made between stock roms however the changes I make TOO the stock Rom are usually more or less the same :good:

PSSS - If you do grab it from my new site, I welcome your thoughts/feedback on the site!

Edited by Roman2025, 10 February 2013 - 05:09 PM.

• will567 likes this
www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#2 kyiori

kyiori

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

Just flashed to R2. I think there is some missing app like supersu and root explorer on R2. Can't find it on the tablet.

#3 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:48 PM

Just flashed to R2. I think there is some missing app like supersu and root explorer on R2. Can't find it on the tablet.

SuperSu (or some equivalent is there) and root should work no problem (try to run ES FIle Explorer in Root mode and see what happens).

Root Explorer was taken out and will be taken out of all future TNT release. I was informed that it is a paid app and I try not to promote piracy. Sorry folks :(

Cheers,

Roman
www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#4 Nikophin

Nikophin

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:00 AM

Can someone tell me how to enter in "firmware update mode" for Ployer momo12? Do you pres and hold "-" or "+", then plug the usb cable(still holding + or -), then pres and hold power button (still holding + or -)- for how long? Should the tablet switch on after some time, or remain switched off?.... I tried everything but nothing happens.
The first TNT release I flashed with the tablet switched on(I had some drivers problems), using RKBatchTool1.5en - when the "connected devices" square became pink I chose Switch and then it became Green... and the magic worked. But now when I choose Switch, the tablet switches off and the square becomes grey again... I think I cannot enter in "firmware update mode". At first I thought that I didn't install the drivers correctly but I managed to flash the first Roman Release. I can't understand why this happens now.
I will be very thankful if someone can help me...

#5 inapond

inapond

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:12 AM

For people who are struggling to get device into firmware mode (I was for a couple of weeks and was back and forward with supplier for advice) while using Windows 7, I would suggest using a Windows XP computer. I could not get my device into firmware update mode at all using two Windows 7 machines. The computer would briefly recognise the device but then quickly (2 seconds) automatically disconnect every time.

Method that worked:
Use Windows XP computer
Hold down Vol -
Connect USB to computer
Press and hold Power button while still holding Vol - until computer beeps and recognises device.

Hope that this is helpful to someone.

Best regards

Matthew

#6 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:39 AM

Nice work Roman! A friend asked me to put TNT v1 on his Momo12 on Friday and it was the first time I had seen a Momo12 in the flesh. Then of course v2 came out on Saturday but he was then able to apply it himself. Thanks a lot for the firmware on his behalf :good:

I see now why you were so impressed by the momo12. Very responsive and bright touchscreen and a great RK3066 tablet overall.

By the way I just followed Roman's guide to get the tablet into flash mode. Power off tablet, run RKBatchtool on PC, connect USB cable to PC and tablet, press and hold power and volume down together until you get a green square on RKBatchtool. Then release the vol minus followed by power. If you release the power too soon it will switch back out of flash mode.

I am running Windows 7 and using the same RK3066 driver that I installed back in May when I got my first Cube U30GT :)

Jez

Edited by Tablet_Collector, 10 February 2013 - 10:41 AM.

Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#7 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

There is another firmware flashing tool (made by users on another forum, it is a modified version of the older RKbatch tool) that can be used to force any rk3066 tablet or device into FW update mode. I am trying to remember exactly how it works (as in, do you need ADB) and I am thinking that you DONT need adb but can't remember.

Anyhow, that is one method to get the unit into update mode.

OR

If you are getting it into update mode and then it immediately drops out once you release the buttons, as annoying as it might be, you SHOULD be able to hold the buttons down the whole time and it will stay in update mode. Yeah, it is annoying, but it should work.

Regards,

Roman

-Ayn Rand

#8 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

Nice work Roman! A friend asked me to put TNT v1 on his Momo12 on Friday and it was the first time I had seen a Momo12 in the flesh. Then of course v2 came out on Saturday but he was then able to apply it himself. Thanks a lot for the firmware on his behalf :good:

I see now why you were so impressed by the momo12. Very responsive and bright touchscreen and a great RK3066 tablet overall.

By the way I just followed Roman's guide to get the tablet into flash mode. Power off tablet, run RKBatchtool on PC, connect USB cable to PC and tablet, press and hold power and volume down together until you get a green square on RKBatchtool. Then release the vol minus followed by power. If you release the power too soon it will switch back out of flash mode.

I am running Windows 7 and using the same RK3066 driver that I installed back in May when I got my first Cube U30GT :)

Jez

The Momo 12 is one of the most well built China Tabs (one of the better built of ANY tablet) that I have used. The design is excellent and the quality is very good. The screen they use is also the best I have seen in any China tab and I am 95% sure it is the exact same model screen used in one of the Asus Transformer Prime tablets.

Regards,

Roman

-Ayn Rand

#9 dean.b

dean.b

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

Hi Roman
I,ve flashed my mono with your latest firmware, and I'm liking it, thank you for sharing your hard work and expertise for free.
Thanks again
Dean

Edited by dean.b, 11 February 2013 - 07:03 AM.

#10 will567

will567

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • LocationNJ USA

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:09 AM

Using the drivers in the RKbatchtool on the same page as the firmware, I had no problem installing the driver after the device came up unrecognized. Pointed Win7 to the driver folder, 64 bit, it installed right away. Flashed, and am now reinstalling apps.
ASUS Vivotab Smart
Barnes & Nobles Nook HD+
Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"

#11 grandpno

grandpno

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

hi roman, i got my momo12 on friday and was very happy with my purchase, i just wish that i found your site before hand (i found your site browsing for tweaks)since i would have definately purchased from you simply due to your contribution towards the tablet community.
ive flashed your firmware onto it and its working like a charm so thank you,
after owning a fair few tablets i have to agree that the momo12 is a very well built and stable tablet with the added bonus of a brilliant screen, its been a long time since ive felt like i got more than my moneys worth, even more so with people like you on the scene.
i'll do my best to support your efforts in future. keep up the good work.
thanks again.

#12 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:54 PM

hi roman, i got my momo12 on friday and was very happy with my purchase, i just wish that i found your site before hand (i found your site browsing for tweaks)since i would have definately purchased from you simply due to your contribution towards the tablet community.
ive flashed your firmware onto it and its working like a charm so thank you,
after owning a fair few tablets i have to agree that the momo12 is a very well built and stable tablet with the added bonus of a brilliant screen, its been a long time since ive felt like i got more than my moneys worth, even more so with people like you on the scene.
i'll do my best to support your efforts in future. keep up the good work.
thanks again.

Cheers and thanks :drinks:

I added a donate button to our custom search page for anyone that does want to "contribute" directly. Our main revenues are adsense though and I am working on building that up as much as possible so there is no pressure to donate although it is appreciated and welcome :)

Kind Regards,

Roman
  • will567 likes this

-Ayn Rand

#13 will567

will567

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • LocationNJ USA

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

One difference with this newer firmware, on Vellamo the HTML5 score is much higher. Original firmware was 1106, now it's 1636, the highest score I've seen. So graphics and web browsing look to be tweaked. Next chance i get I'll check some other benchmarks to see if they changed.
ASUS Vivotab Smart
Barnes & Nobles Nook HD+

#14 asjohnston3

asjohnston3

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationIrving, TX

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

Just did mine.... Had to play around with the timing on the Vol. / Power buttons to get it to stay in update mode. Kind of tricky at 1st.... I used a Atom powered HP netbook with a screen that was the same size as my Momo.... Win7-32.... The update was very fast....
You can't reach old age by another man's road. My habits protect my life but they would assassinate you.
Mark Twain's 70th birthday speech, 1905

#15 Flaviometal

Flaviometal

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

First, thanks to roman to your efforts! Your custom is amazing!

One difference with this newer firmware, on Vellamo the HTML5 score is much higher. Original firmware was 1106, now it's 1636, the highest score I've seen. So graphics and web browsing look to be tweaked. Next chance i get I'll check some other benchmarks to see if they changed.

Thanks for the tests, will. I'll appreciate if you can post the results of other tests too. Mine is running v1 very smooth, and I have SO much games, SO much configs, SO much ALL, that will be thinking twice before format the device (for me, backups are an annnoying thing!)

Edited by Flaviometal, 14 February 2013 - 02:36 PM.

REVIEW: PLOYER MOMO12 TABLET PC (sorry, just in portuguese for now...)

LINK: http://adrenaline.uol.com.br/forum/smartphones-tablets-e-outros-dispositivos-moveis/449910-review-tablet-pc-ployer-momo12.html

#16 will567

will567

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • LocationNJ USA

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

First, thanks to roman to your efforts! Your custom is amazing!

Thanks for the tests, will. I'll appreciate if you can post the results of other tests too. Mine is running v1 very smooth, and I have SO much games, SO much configs, SO much ALL, that will be thinking twice before format the device (for me, backups are an annnoying thing!)

The newer firmware really doesn't seem to make a great difference, but videos appear to load quicker (or I may be imagining they do), and overall it seems a little faster. After running the original firmware for a couple months I was ready for something newer, plus I wanted to do a firmware update to make sure I could . I think it's worth doing, haven't had the opportunity to benchmark much more yet, though.

Edited by will567, 14 February 2013 - 03:37 PM.

ASUS Vivotab Smart
Barnes & Nobles Nook HD+

#17 소녀시대

소녀시대

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

flashed this ROM 2 days ago and very satisfied with it for now. didn't have the same bootloop problem that i faced with the previous release. Thanks Roman for this wonderful release :D
Personal review blog :) http://theaudiology.blogspot.sg/

#18 Flaviometal

Flaviometal

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

Found the changes in 20121220 OFFICIAL firmware (taken from Momo site, translated with Google):

"1. solve the problem after the shutdown of the network time, the clock will stop;
2. compatible the 20nm Micron 8G FLASH;
3. reduce the power amplifier output power, processing power amplifier output is too large, the maximum volume murmur, prolonged use of individual freezes ;"

EDIT: I'm using v1 (yet), and g-sensor/accelerometer is no good (in racing games, the car keeps going to right). I think is a problem with the device and not the ROM. Please, can anyone test accelerometer in v2 for me?

Edited by Flaviometal, 18 February 2013 - 02:35 PM.

LINK: http://adrenaline.uol.com.br/forum/smartphones-tablets-e-outros-dispositivos-moveis/449910-review-tablet-pc-ployer-momo12.html

#19 will567

will567

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • LocationNJ USA

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

EDIT: I'm using v1 (yet), and g-sensor/accelerometer is no good (in racing games, the car keeps going to right). I think is a problem with the device and not the ROM. Please, can anyone test accelerometer in v2 for me?

Installed NFS:Most Wanted, accelerometer is fine with v2. Must be a hardware issue.

Sent from my Momo12 tablet
ASUS Vivotab Smart
Barnes & Nobles Nook HD+

#20 Flaviometal

Flaviometal

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

Installed NFS:Most Wanted, accelerometer is fine with v2. Must be a hardware issue.

Sent from my Momo12 tablet

Really? If you leave the device in horizontal mode the car keeps pushing to the right or no? I found another Slatedroid user with the same issue, and I'm trying to discover if it's a hardware problem or v1 of roman's custom ROM...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users