#1 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

Even though we aren't selling this unit I did create firmware for it that is pretty well improved over stock. This firmware is built off of 1120 firmware.

All the typical changes have been made (just see change notes for pretty much every other rom on our firmware page).

Official Release 1 Firmware now available! New site for firmware image releases!

Go to: http://www.rockchipfirmware.com/ , then click on the "Firmware Downloads" button up top, then choose your device manufacturer and finally grab the image for your unit. Make sure you get the image from the "Top Notch Tablets" section and not from the "STOCK" section.

Flash normally (the firmware tool is on the first page, I will also be creating a page with flashing instructions soon).

Does anyone know the flash-mode button combo for this tablet?

Regards!

PSS - Like the work? If you see a google ad on my site that appeals to your interests, click on it and check it out. Please DON'T just click to click or be nice! But if you see something genuinely interesting, please do click as our freely provided firmware is fully supported by our site ads.

Edited by Roman2025, 08 February 2013 - 02:33 PM.

www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#2 Acesabe

Acesabe

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:48 AM

That's great news! Something to do this Saturday afternoon!

The tricky part is getting the RK3066 usb drivers installed in windows,so to do this you need to get the device connected via cable in boot-loader/recovery mode before windows will see the device as a RK3066 device and not mass storage/adb device. There is a 3rd button on the Momo8 (after the power and reset) but it is hidden inside. The only other known ways to get Momo8 to boot-loader or recovery at the moment is via; ZhuoDashi, adb or (untested) using a quick/easy reboot app from Play market.

All we need now is a custom recovery that suits our tablets and it's game on!

Thanks for your work Roman!

[Edit] Now flashed to TNT Release 1 and all seems fine - thanks! (first boot takes a few mins people - just enjoy the Nexus logo boot screen while it starts!)

Edited by Acesabe, 09 February 2013 - 07:33 AM.

#3 Acesabe

Acesabe

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:06 AM

One very small issue is that the Equalizer app (system app so can't be managed via Play Store) prompts you to upgrade, but you can't, so it's useless...

[Edit] OK for some reason I can now update the app from Play...go-figure??!

Edited by Acesabe, 09 February 2013 - 08:28 AM.

#4 FredPlex

FredPlex

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

Roman,

...just flashed and took it through it's paces, another excellent rom from TopNotchhTablets, just as smooth and stable as my Pipo M1 woith TNT R4, the 2gb data space for app is especially welcomed. Thanks for your time on this, FredPlex

#5 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

Cheers and welcome all :)
www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#6 FredPlex

FredPlex

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:57 AM

I am getting SOD quite often now. I have the mono plugged in and after about an hour of it being in sleep mode it won't turn back on. I have to rest it by holding down the power button for more then ten seconds then unplugging and plugging back in. Anyone else have this issue? FredPlex

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk HD

#7 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

I am getting SOD quite often now. I have the mono plugged in and after about an hour of it being in sleep mode it won't turn back on. I have to reset it by holding down the power button for more then ten seconds then unplugging and plugging back in. Anyone else have this issue? FredPlex

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk HD

SOD?

Sorry, not familiar with that.

Are you having this problem with this firmware?

If so, I am sorry, I only had my hands on the Momo 8 for a day or so and couldn't test extensively.

Regards,

Roman

-Ayn Rand

#8 FredPlex

FredPlex

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

SOD?

Sorry, not familiar with that.

Are you having this problem with this firmware?

If so, I am sorry, I only had my hands on the Momo 8 for a day or so and couldn't test extensively.

Regards,

Roman

Hey Roman, I should have been more specific, SOD = sleep of death in which the tablet does not wake up via the power button after it goes to sleep. The problem has happened to be about 4 times. Otherwise it has been perfect. With that said I removed a recent weather app I installed as it seemed like it was the last app I installed before I started getting this issue. Right now it's been up for 8 hours without a SOD <shrug> not sure what is happening... I'll keep an eye on it and perhaps I'll reformat and try again. Thanks for now.

PS. I took your tutorials available on rockchipformware.com and repackaged the latest Rock X 8 firmware with bigger userspace, rooted, removed chinese apps... things are working perfectly with the new rebuilt rom. Thanks so much for putting up these tutorials and giving me a jump start on ROM cooking. Looking forward to your subsequent tutorials.

PSS. I am going to do the same with the MOMO 8 firmware so I can test different things since you don't have a momo 8 any longer....

Thanks, FredPlex

#9 Acesabe

Acesabe

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:28 AM

Not had any 'SOD' issues here...

#10 Paul2013

Paul2013

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:51 AM

So, what is new with this Firmware? Anyone?

#11 exx06

exx06

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

Where to see a description of the firmware?

#12 Acesabe

Acesabe

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:20 AM

Did you actually read the OP? Roman clearly states that the changelog is pretty much the same for all the ROMs, so have a look at his site and see for yourselves.

#13 Flexion.Org

Flexion.Org

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

@Roman2025 - Many thanks for making this ROM and the guides on your site. They helped me get started with unpacking/packing the MOMO8 IPS ROM and I hope to post my own respun ROM for the MOMO8 IPS soon :-)
Regards, Martin.

#14 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:19 PM

@Roman2025 - Many thanks for making this ROM and the guides on your site. They helped me get started with unpacking/packing the MOMO8 IPS ROM and I hope to post my own respun ROM for the MOMO8 IPS soon :-)

That's great :)

Best of luck with it! If you get something made and tested and want some place to put it for download I can host it for you at rockchipfirmware.com under the custom rom section of Ployer.

Regards,

Roman

-Ayn Rand

#15 zefiris

zefiris

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:00 AM

I've been running this on my A1CS rapid5 8" (a re-badged momo8 IPS) for a couple of weeks now with no problems, installed fine, root works fine, I've had no lockups coming out of sleep or during normal use, thanks for making the rom :good:

fingers crossed ployer release a 4.2.2 firmware soon...

#16 ModURbox

ModURbox

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:31 AM

I will check more into all the info available when I get to my desktop. For now thanks for your post.

#17 ModURbox

ModURbox

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

Even though we aren't selling this unit I did create firmware for it that is pretty well improved over stock. This firmware is built off of 1120 firmware.

All the typical changes have been made (just see change notes for pretty much every other rom on our firmware page).

Official Release 1 Firmware now available! New site for firmware image releases!

Go to: http://www.rockchipfirmware.com/ , then click on the "Firmware Downloads" button up top, then choose your device manufacturer and finally grab the image for your unit. Make sure you get the image from the "Top Notch Tablets" section and not from the "STOCK" section.

Flash normally (the firmware tool is on the first page, I will also be creating a page with flashing instructions soon).

Does anyone know the flash-mode button combo for this tablet?

Regards!

PSS - Like the work? If you see a google ad on my site that appeals to your interests, click on it and check it out. Please DON'T just click to click or be nice! But if you see something genuinely interesting, please do click as our freely provided firmware is fully supported by our site ads.

Roman,

...just flashed and took it through it's paces, another excellent rom from TopNotchhTablets, just as smooth and stable as my Pipo M1 woith TNT R4, the 2gb data space for app is especially welcomed. Thanks for your time on this, FredPlex

Hey Roman, I should have been more specific, SOD = sleep of death in which the tablet does not wake up via the power button after it goes to sleep. The problem has happened to be about 4 times. Otherwise it has been perfect. With that said I removed a recent weather app I installed as it seemed like it was the last app I installed before I started getting this issue. Right now it's been up for 8 hours without a SOD <shrug> not sure what is happening... I'll keep an eye on it and perhaps I'll reformat and try again. Thanks for now.

PS. I took your tutorials available on rockchipformware.com and repackaged the latest Rock X 8 firmware with bigger userspace, rooted, removed chinese apps... things are working perfectly with the new rebuilt rom. Thanks so much for putting up these tutorials and giving me a jump start on ROM cooking. Looking forward to your subsequent tutorials.

PSS. I am going to do the same with the MOMO 8 firmware so I can test different things since you don't have a momo 8 any longer....

Thanks, FredPlex

I've been running this on my A1CS rapid5 8" (a re-badged momo8 IPS) for a couple of weeks now with no problems, installed fine, root works fine, I've had no lockups coming out of sleep or during normal use, thanks for making the rom :good:

fingers crossed ployer release a 4.2.2 firmware soon...

I will check more into all the info available when I get to my desktop. For now thanks for your post.

Hi Roman2025,

My Momo8 IPS (ordered 11th Mar) arrived yesterday afternoon (Monday 25th March) I experimented for 6 hours solid on the PLoyer's 4.1.1 fw then got the flash itch :lol: some of the reasons I decided on your fw where the increased rom storage i.e. from

• 1gig to 2 gigs
  • Rooted with SU installed
  • Bloat removed, Asia apps etc
  • Clean & lean install
  • Games loft enhancement

Everything is great and touch response is much quicker than the original fw. Only one thing to report and this is not a complaint. There are 2 Gallery/image apk icons, I imagine it should be ok to just remove/disable one yes?

thanks for your time and effort on this project :drinks:

Edited by ModURbox, 26 March 2013 - 03:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users