Android Tablets Forum banner

monitor connection - hdmi to dvi

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  sgdva 
#1 ·
Hi everybody,
I just bought pipo s1 and i want your help.

I want to connect tablet to a monitor that it have not hdmi. It has only vga and dvi input.
I bought hdmi to mini hdmi adapter ,hdmi cable and one hdmi to dvi adaptor.

I connect tablet to monitor but it does not work. I try to connect it to another newer moniton (friend s) that works great with hdmi ,but when connect it to dvi i hane no luck.

My monitor is samsung syncmaster 226bw and support hdcp connections.
Of course i choose digital setting of monitor and i have try all the available resolutions from tablet.
It looks like it is recognise that something is connected (the message "check signal cable" is disappears) ,but only black screen shown.
I do not know if i have to change something else to tablet settings

I do not have enough money to buy a new monitor ,so if anyone know what to do I would appreciate it.
Thanks and sorry for my English

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks for reply
With hdmi is working fine.
I do not think that it ia adapter problem. When i connect ,monitor recognise that (led light stop fhashing ,and message "chech signal cable" hiding from screen) ,but only black screen shown (some time i can see some white lines in screen)

#4 ·
Well that could be that the frecuency is not supported -Though I may be wrong-
Or could be the dvi cable, that happens on hdmi too when the cord is broken -some kind of interference with white lines or black screen on the monitor-.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.