• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LetterB

LetterB

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:42 AM

I've had my C94 for about one month. It was advertised as having Bluetooth; which it does not. It was advertised as having the latest Android operating system; which it does not. Many of the Apps I try to install give me a message that the "app is incompatible with your device." Also, I cannot get video to play on news sites or network television sites.

I have tried contacting Zenithink, but my emails have been ignored. I'm now thinking about returning the prodict for a full refund. I really like the Zenithink, but these issues - and the lack of response - are making me reconsider whether to keep the tablet.

Anybody got any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks,
LetterB

#2 Pas

Pas

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:47 AM

I've had my C94 for about one month. It was advertised as having Bluetooth; which it does not. It was advertised as having the latest Android operating system; which it does not. Many of the Apps I try to install give me a message that the "app is incompatible with your device." Also, I cannot get video to play on news sites or network television sites.

I have tried contacting Zenithink, but my emails have been ignored. I'm now thinking about returning the prodict for a full refund. I really like the Zenithink, but these issues - and the lack of response - are making me reconsider whether to keep the tablet.

Thanks,
LetterB

Yes, it is strange that the are still advertise the C94 with android 4.1 and bluetooth in the specs and photo...
Did you specific orded a c94 3a model ?
If you did, i could be the dealer that is responsable to send a model without bluetooth

about not responding, when and on what email adress did you ask.
because almost all china is or was closed for chinese new year.

For not playing video sites
Did you install flash from the media folder?
If you give the sites, i'll check it

For not compatible apps, it is a problem of all Zenithink tablet.
if you can give the apps that don't work, i'll check it.
but mostly all apps can be found, by installing the xmfiles.

for installing the xmlfiles :

first root your device:
http://www.slatedroi...ons-to-root-94/

then install es file explorer from the market.

1. Go to settings->apps->all and tap Google Framework, Click on stop and then Clear data
2. Go to settings->apps->all and tap Google Play, Click on stop and then Clear cache (not data)
3. Go to ES file explorer, and enable root explorer and enable mount file system in the settings
4. Backup with ES file explorer /system/etc/permissions (copy to your tf card or usb device )
5. Extract the xmlfiles file and copy its content (4 files) in /system/etc/permissions
6. Reboot tablet
7. Open market

Edited by Pas, 07 February 2013 - 06:48 AM.

Zenithink C91 2a/3n/3a / ICS ZeniBasic v1.3.1
Zenithink C91 1a upgrade / ICS ZeniBasic v1.3.1
Zenithink C93 1f / JB 0222 modded
Zenithink C97 2n / JB 1214 modded
Zenithink C94 2a / ICS 1220 with root

#3 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

#1. You have to go through your seller and not Zenithink. Zenithink does not handle returns. Only software/firmware support and probably only in Chinese.

#2. Your seller will give you 7 day return policy from your delivery date. Sometimes 10-14 days if you have a really great seller. 30 days and you very likely are stuck with it. Talk to your seller to see if they even will take a return 1 month later.

#3. Apps on Market will very likely still work for you but they get locked out depending on your device ID. Most of us either spoof another device like GT-I9100 or use XML fix to get full Market access.
Read this thread to get you started:
http://www.slatedroi...gle-play-store/

#4. Most websites use Flash to play videos. Install latest flash player for Android 4.0
http://helpx.adobe.c...chived_versions
No idea if your C94 comes with flash player or not already. Check App Manager.

C94 uses i.MX6 chip which comes with Vivante GPU. Vivante is good but not great for 3D game compatibility. ie. about 20% of 3D games you try will not work with it. Try to return it if you really like 3D gaming and get tablet with Exynos 4412, RK3066 or A31 ARM chip instead. Those chips' GPUs have really great 3D game compatibility.

PS, 8726-mx chips had trouble with Adobe's flash and used a modified version of it. No idea if same for i.MX6 chips. You may have to install an included flash player instead. Either in a folder on your tablet somewhere or off of Zenithink's site.

Edited by Nickos-V, 07 February 2013 - 11:20 AM.

*MINIX NEO X5 (RK3066) - OK. Not fun because uses mouse cursor.
*YUANDAO N80 DUAL (RK3066) - Very good
*CUBE U30GT (RK3066)- Defective; buttons broke in 2-3 weeks; Bad quality control!!! I will never buy a Cube again!!! - Very good while working
*WOPAD I7 (RK2918)- About OK. Sluggish because has weaker ARM chip (RK2918) & less RAM (512 MB).

#4 omarahum

omarahum

Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter

• Global Moderators
  • 6,466 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:39 AM

Thanks,
LetterB

Zenithink told me they might send me a C94 some time after the Spring Festival holiday, so I might be able to help a little more after I get a C94 (but not sure exactly when I will get one)....

Zenithink does not receive emails from many ISP's, it's best you email mluo@zenithink.com from your gmail address....

Pas's suggestion of the xml files should help with some of your app compatibility issues.... I believe some changes to the build.prop are required also for better Play Store compatibility....

Did you do what Pas mentioned? Installing flashplayer from the media folder? (pkg12.apk)

If you think some of these fixes will help you use your tablet as you need it to, I say keep it.... If the lack of BT and any other problems you are having that can't get fixed is an issue, I say return it...

zenithinklogosforsignature3.png
Zenithink ZT-180-101 Original 10" Epad (Ruby 1.2 / 576 - B0) (0603 Froyo) - {July 2010} R.I.P. - May 2013
Zenithink ZT-180-701A 7" Upad (Cameo - E3) (0613/0618 Froyo) - {April 2011}
Zenithink ZT-180-102 10" v2 Zepad (Jade 2.3-Blue - G0) (0613/0618 Froyo) - {April 2011}
Zenithink ZT-280-C91 10" Zepad (H1_2n : 0217 GB
@ 900MHz w/ 2GB Data Partition) - {Sept. 2011}
Zenithink ZT-280-C71 7" Upad (E7_1n : 0217 GB @ 900MHz w/ 1.5GB Data Partition) - {Sept. 2011}
Zenithink ZT-283-C93 10" ZTPad (H6_1f : 0911 ICS w/ 2GB Data Partition and working (pl2303) USB GPS)
- {Oct. 2012}
Zenithink ZT-283-C97 9.7" ZTPad (I1_2a :
0910 ICS w/ 2GB Data Partition and working (pl2303) USB GPS) - {Nov. 2012}

SlateDroid ZT-180 WIKI \ Zenithink Website \ Zenithink FTP \ Stock ROMs \ ZT-28* Modified Kernels & RecoveriesM \ Donations Accepted!
If I've helped you or are using an overclocked kernel I've uploaded, and wish to help support my efforts, please consider leaving me a donation. Thank you!
btn_donate_SM.gif ॐ 
Please click on the Like This button for any posts you like or have helped you to show your appreciation...
Also know that all the staff here are volunteers, we don't get paid for our time spent here, so please be patient with us... Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users