Android Tablets Forum banner

Nextway Fast9X Custom Rom & Modding TWRP

205K views 701 replies 102 participants last post by  unrealbe 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello guys just making the thead for posting custom rom

OFFICIAL NEXTWAY DOWNLOAD FW PAGE
http://www.nextway.com.cn/downloads.htm

LAST Stock Firmware sun6i_android_fiber-sochip-sc5079_sdkV1.35_ddr312_PCBv01_200W30W_13016v1.img

Phoenix USBPro
http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=259471&uk=153850079​

HOW TO ROOT THE F9X AND REMOVE PARTIAL CHINESE APP?

First this table come pre-rooted, but not active. Just do a factory reset located on Settings/Backup & reset and click FACTORY DATA RESET.
Now wait until it reboot and load (remember will take time 2-4min).NOW YOU GOT A COMPLETE ROOTED NEXTWAY F9X

HOW TO INSTALL TWRP (ROOT REQUIRE)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_jANpREVb4&feature=youtu.be

1.Download the recovery zip and extract it to some folder on your computer.
2.Copy all three files , extracted from the zip, to the internal SD card !!!! not the extsd!!!
3.Connect your device to the computer (enable "USB debugging" option in Developer Options), open terminal or command prompt and enter below commands.
enter to adb terminal
Code:
adb shell
get root access
Code:
su
Install recovery
Code:
busybox sh /sdcard/install-recovery.sh
Above command installs CWM recovery.To reboot into recovery run below command
reboot to recovery:
Code:
busybox sh /sdcard/reboot-recovery.sh
HOW TO INSTALL MY JENOVA BETA 3 ON NEXTWAY F9X POSSIBLE ON F10X USING TWRP?
REMEMBER FIRST THING DO YOU WHEN YOU GET RECOVERY WORKING DO A FULL BACKUP PLEASE DO IT WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG AND COPY IT ALSO TO A SAVE PLACE ON YOUR PC
  • Be sure you have official Nextway v1.35 Firmware before installing beta 3
  • In TWRP Recovery /wipe data factory reset
  • format /system
  • wipe/cache
  • wipe dalvik cache
  • install my rom
  • Reboot

WIFI laptop ANTENNA MOD INSTALLED and possible second speaker can be installed

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
JENOVA ROM

ALEJANDROID BOOTANIMATION THANK YOU just ---- flash it after installing my jenova rom (still havent test it) let me know
I HAVE TESTED IT and it flash fine with twrp but wont show up. Your tablet will boot just fine to android give like 2 Min the only think is wont have the animation if you want to repaire it just extract the bootanimation from jenovabeta 3.zip located on /system/media/ folder and with any root explorer overwrite it with the one already there

PLEASE NO MIRROR WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE

BETA 4
Mirror
  • Update based to v2.0 SDK
  • SuperSu 1.25
  • Spoof as Nexus 7
  • DPI 240
  • New boot animation by ALEJANDROID(thanks)
  • Multi DPI Playstore 4.0
  • Fix permissions
  • Trebuchet as default launcher
  • Hackers Keyboard back again
BETA 3 DOWNLOAD
My GOOGLEDRIVE MIRROR
  • Update based to v1.35
  • SuperSu 1.25
  • Spoof as Nexus 7
  • DPI 264
  • Wallpaper fixed
  • Multi DPI Playstore
  • Fix permissions
  • Trebuchet as default launcher
  • Hackers Keyboard back again

BETA2 DOWNLOAD
  • I fix the playstore let you install incompatible apps
  • Xml Permision fix for playstore
  • Spoof as Nexus 7
  • Dpi fixed from 260 to 240
  • 2 launcher included (Go launcher HD and Trebuchet)STOCK LAUNCHER REMOVED
  • 4.2 android keyboard(DEANOX THANKS FOR THAT)

BETA1 DOWNLOAD
  • I FIX THE MARKET -NOT SHOWING ALL APP
  • REMOVED ALL CHINISE APP
  • TREBUCHET AS STOCK LAUNCHER
  • HACKERS KEYBOARD (STOCK ANDROID KEYBOARD REMOVED)
  • ZIPALINGE APKS FOR FAST RESPONDS
  • ROOT WITH SUPERSU 1.25 LAST RELEASE 3/3/13
  • YouTube 4.3.9 (v3b), 720p HD

#3 ·
reserve

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
it was cheap just $205 with DHL included and for start testing and leaning how A31 work even been cheaper doesn't mean it have to be garbage I find it awesome for a quadcore tablet don't you think? anyway im sure this tablet will get great support and compatibility between tablet is to early to really know and i have seen ainol spark is having many issues on the firmware so let see how nextway brand do:clapping:

#6 ·
it was cheap just $205 with DHL included and for start testing and leaning how A31 work even been cheaper doesn't mean it have to be garbage I find it awesome for a quadcore tablet don't you think? anyway im sure this tablet will get great support and compatibility between tablet is to early to really know and i have seen ainol spark is having many issues on the firmware so let see how nextway brand do:clapping:
Hi Darkrickpr,

Where did you get the Nextway F9X for $205 including DHL Shipping? I ordered mine gadget greats which was $209 with China Post.. $205 with DHL is insanely cheap..

Looking forward to testing your Roms.. Should have my tablet arrive in a few days..

#8 ·
GEEKBUYING.com but i got it with a coupon from them

#9 ·
i just recive it and is awesome tablet great quality the only thing bad is the camera is worst soo if you need it then get onda v972

#15 ·
Hi darkrickpr,

I have run into a problem already.. I have installed novo launcher, and then I have installed DPI modder, and dropped the DPI from 320 to 240.

What I didn't expect is that now after a reboot, I get a black screen. If I reboot, I get the nextway logo at the very start, but then just a few a few seconds it all goes black. (ie no Cyanogen/Nextway spinning logo...)

How do I get into recovery on these... ?

Is there a way to get into the stock recovery on this to factory reset?

I have had a look at the phoenix files posted above.. but I am confused about the key file.. ?

Any help really appreciated as right now I am stuck.. thanks.

#16 ·
Crisis averted.. I was able to reflash the stock rom using phoenix suite & the instructions from here : http://www.arctablet.com/blog/featured/phoenixsuit-flashing-tutorial-onda-v972-v812-allwinner-a31-tablets/

FYi - I am not sure if the links at the start of this thread are correct.. ? The Phoenix USB pro I am not sure is correct.. (either way its much more complex)..

For any other F9X users that need to reflash..

Follow the instructiosn from the above link, (download phoenix suite 1.05 included in the above link.. then let it upgrade (automatically upgrades to 1.06 as of today)..

In the instructions where it refers to a home button (to boot it into recovery mode), substitute your esc button on the F9x, and it all works.. (The instructions are from an Onda v972).

#18 ·
I got the same color as the video

Sent from my HTC Holiday using Tapatalk 2

#19 ·
Hi Darkrickpr..

can you install Google Chrome ?

I was able to install it with the ROM as it shipped, but after flashing with Phoenix the download from the Nextway site.. now I cant install chrome - get not compatible message in the playstore.

I have even modded the build.pro to match a nexus 10 - but still it is blocked.. ?

#20 ·
i will check that and let you know

#22 ·
when did the buy there wasent any way to choose color so they send me the first color they did

#23 ·
Hi darkrickpr,

I am very curios about this tablet I ordered but have to wait for more than 4 weeks with China Mail. I ordered it because I have an iaiwai AW920 (8inch RK3066) which had a laggy firmware which I changed to the firmware of the Nextway F8. The hardware-built of the iaiwai and the nextway are nearly identic and so my iaiwai runs great with the nextway-firmware. I only want to say that I think that Nextway seems to make fine firmware built in high quality devices. And so I hope the F9X is the same. Would be great if you can optimize the firmware with clockwork and maybe other things. Thanks for your busy works.

#25 ·
I am having a look at that. Will report back over the next few days.

I have run into an initial issues.. is that I stuffed the pre-installed rom.. (and had to reflash..with the download from Nextway website..)..

and even though the date is the same of the download.. something is different.. because I could install Google Chrome & Speedtest.net on the rom that came with it..

but the rom I am running now Chrome (says incompatible) & speedtest.net doesn't even exist in the playstore.. so I am a bit confused..

I have been playing around to get Netflix in HD (which is not a fault of this tablet - its Netflix on all tablets only runs in SD), but apparently you can hack the build.prop to fake a nexus 10 to make some improvement..

My most annoying thing right now is that Chrome or Chrome Beta is unstable - but.. once again, only since I reflashed the stock rom.. It was working perfectly with the rom that came pre-installed.....

(FYI - I have the same problem with Chrome with many custom roms on my Galaxy S3... )

#26 ·
I have tried installing a customer rom (1.32) from Onda firmware - dont bother - touchscreen doesnt work..
(good news though you can still get back into flash mode, so it seems pretty safe that you won't brick using Phoenix..even with incompatible roms...)

I have seen people saying that power management is not installed, and the device is locked to1ghz.

- the stock rom on the nextway scales down to 384mhz / maxes out at 1008

- easily clocked higher/lower using Setcpu.

- has been completely stable at 1200mhz,

Antutu @ 1200mhz - 12406
Quadrant - 3750

#27 ·
Hi Darkrick

- can you let me know also if Speedtest.net says incompatible i play store?

- do you have any ideas on if a simple change to build.prop (to emulate something else) might be enough to fix this?
- tried alrelady emulating nexus 10 but it made no difference

#28 ·
Yo could try playstore multi dpi mod

#31 · (Edited by Moderator)
Oh sorry I will check that

Edit I fix it

#33 · (Edited by Moderator)
hey cwm has Been made for ondav972 I will try to test it f9x but maybe could work but since this table just has ESC button and Power button no volume we need to wait and see if esc works for scroll and power as enter of would need to way for touchcwm

#34 ·
Btw I have unpack the nextway f9x fw I'm very close to make custom rom

#35 ·
@pogodancer

Thankyou for your donation

#40 ·
I think this already has the AOSP browser installed (is this just the standard android stock browser?)...

its very fast.. I have just had a good experience with Chrome on my galaxy s3.. no lag and the realtime syching of tabs and bookmarks is much better than any other solution..

however.. the lag is terrible on this.. so I have been playing with Dolphin and the stock browser...

They are both rally fast.. hard to tell the difference... Dolphin is great for plugins - lastpass is a must for me.. but also dolphin sync works Ok with chrome to sync tabs...

- I have to have a little bitch though.. How hard would it be for Dolphin to get a graphic design to have a quick look at the UI. It would be allowed on an ipad.. Shits me when some of the best apps on android dont take the time to get the graphics right.. (I like it to look pretty!)

#42 ·
Nop but I think there is an option ob phoenix

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.