Android Tablets Forum banner

Moving On

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  bac522 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, just before Christmas I bricked my 7" WPDN. It turns on and hangs up on the Pandigital Novel splash screen. I tried a number of fixes to no avail. My employees surprised me with a very generous Christmas gift that I was able to use to purchase a Nexus 7.

Soooooo,

I'd love to sell my Novel. Hopefully, there is someone here who might be interested in the unit, as the screen still works on it. I did have to replace the battery almost a year ago, but it's fine as well. I have the original packaging, power supply, cradle, etc.

I'd like to get at least $35.00 for the whole thing.

Moderators, if I have crossed a line here, let me know so that I can apologize appropriately.

Thanks for all of your help while I was an active user - I loved all of the cool tips and tricks!

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Cheers
and good luck cleireac.

Please list your Novel in the classifieds and conduct any correspondence regarding the sale via pm. Rules are simple and listed in the redirect description here. http://www.slatedroid.com/forum/20-android-tablet-market/

Congrats and have fun with your Nexus 7

#3 ·
Man, I wish my Pandigital Novels would die! I have three of them and I too have moved on... I have three HP Touchpads and a Toshiba Thrive. But I keep wishing my Novels would die so I could justify a better 7 inch tablet. But the damn things just keep going and going! I still use them a fair bit, mainly as an ereader, solitaire player, and Pandora streamer. I keep one in the van for when I'm stuck in traffic and need to kill some time.

The novel was my first venture into ereaders/tablets and what drew me to SlateDroid way back when. I've been a lurker for a long time now.

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
I was in the same boat with my thinking, but just before Christmas decided it was time to upgrade to a real Android tablet and bought the Nexus 7! Was worried about buyers remorse spending that kind of money on a tablet, but within 30 seconds of using the Nexus 7 any thoughts about using the PDN again were gone within a flash!!! It's like night and day between the Nexus 7 and the WPDN, you won't regret moving up to a real tablet that works like it's suppose to!

In its day the WPDN was a steal for what could be done with it, but it's time has come and gone. Holding the Nexus 7 compared to the WPDN is light holding a feather to a brick! Add in the screen resolution, colors, speed of the Nexus, to name a few and I'm wondering why I waited so long! So don't wait for the WPDN to die, you won't regret upgrading to a real tablet...highly recommend the Nexus 7!

As for my WPDN, I still have it, never been one to sell my old technology thinking that one day I'll find a use for it...usually I don't though, LOL; still have my Nokia N700 and Compaq Ipaq collecting dust!

Might use the WPDN as an XBMC remote, but admittedly the WPDN hasn't been turned on since buying my Nexus.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.