• Please log in to reply
707 replies to this topic

#241 mgforce

mgforce

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:20 AM

i put download link for the apk in first post.

Thanks

#242 guardr0

guardr0

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:04 AM

hello...i'm having a bad day after flashing my Novo 7 Venus...i do all steps that shown in the slatedroid forum and xda-dev forum, but at 5% it stuck and shows 'Download_Adec_Failed'
now my venus can't be started...any tips to help me please?

before this i tried the 20130328 fw...runs great but when i try to update to 20130407, i got this problem...

#243 Sa3ana3a

Sa3ana3a

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationSofia, Bulgaria

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

Can somebody give more info about 0417 changelog, or it's only the HDMI that is fixed?

hello...i'm having a bad day after flashing my Novo 7 Venus...i do all steps that shown in the slatedroid forum and xda-dev forum, but at 5% it stuck and shows 'Download_Adec_Failed'
now my venus can't be started...any tips to help me please?

before this i tried the 20130328 fw...runs great but when i try to update to 20130407, i got this problem...

Try again from the start, maybe? "+" button and "Power" and try again.
Device: Ainol Novo 7 Venus

#244 guardr0

guardr0

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:51 AM

"+" button and "Power" and try again. <---- what do you mean by this? hold them? done...
tried many method....still cant flash...always give me same result that 'Download_Adec_Failed' at 5%....also tried with previous fw, still can't resolve this.... :(
almost give up...

#245 AdamW

AdamW

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:16 PM

guardr0: Possibly the image file you downloaded is corrupted? Wipe it and re-download.

#246 sikke

sikke

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

"+" button and "Power" and try again. <---- what do you mean by this? hold them? done...
tried many method....still cant flash...always give me same result that 'Download_Adec_Failed' at 5%....also tried with previous fw, still can't resolve this.... :(
almost give up...

the 5% stuck error.
go to 0131 firmware first then flash new one. it will fix that.

Novo7Venus_0131.rar - 191.20 MB

Edited by sikke, 18 April 2013 - 02:48 PM.

#247 baztillo

baztillo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

Installed this newest 4.2.2 and seems to work very smoothly overall.
Netflix wont work though. it opens fine, but when trying to open video it just
spins loading screen forever. Tried latest Netflix from Play-store and couple older version but no avail.
Any ideas??

#248 iolax

iolax

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

hi everyone! i'm just asking if anyone has the 'can't connet to the camera' error. after i flashed it to the 0203 rom, it was still working, but after i flashed the 0328 rom, that's when the problem started.

I'm gonna be flashing the latest 0417 rom in a bit, but i'm not sure if I should flash first to the 0131 rom first before doing that, like the suggestion given above.

thanks in advance for the help!

edit: 0417 rom, after flashing & installing superuser, it appears the device isn't rooted. confirmed by trying to run titanium backup after.

Edited by iolax, 18 April 2013 - 05:31 PM.

#249 narfbarf

narfbarf

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

edit: 0417 rom, after flashing & installing superuser, it appears the device isn't rooted. confirmed by trying to run titanium backup after.

it is rooted. you have to install the binary after downloading. open superuser and click on the green text where it says su binary v3.3

#250 iolax

iolax

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:51 PM

it is rooted. you have to install the binary after downloading. open superuser and click on the green text where it says su binary v3.3

i did that and everything said it was okay and the last 3 lines says:

remounting /system as ro... okay!
checking installed version: 3.1.1
cleaning up... okay!

i also got the 'That was cool, do it again' button. So everything seems fine...

but after verifying on root checker basic: 'this device doesn't have proper root access'

I'll probably try a reflash later...

update: did a factory reset... after installing superuser, when it checked for root... fail!

Edited by iolax, 18 April 2013 - 07:05 PM.

#251 narfbarf

narfbarf

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:48 AM

update: did a factory reset... after installing superuser, when it checked for root... fail!

hmm, acts weird for me too now. no new apps are being granted root access. although i was able to get root for terminal emulator and for titanium backup. restore with titanium worked. think im going back to 4.2 beta since root is crucial for me

#252 narfbarf

narfbarf

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:00 AM

anyone managed to downgrade to an earlier firmware version? it seems the update software checks if the software to be installed is newer than the already installed one.

#253 iolax

iolax

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:05 AM

anyone managed to downgrade to an earlier firmware version? it seems the update software checks if the software to be installed is newer than the already installed one.

reflashed back to 0328. i find it the most stable.

#254 Wiiliam Tran

Wiiliam Tran

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:47 AM

The 0417 actually still have many issues :(

Sent from my FPT F8 using Tapatalk 2
  • artie1 likes this

#255 rui no onna

rui no onna

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

The 0417 actually still have many issues :(

That's disappointing. Looks like I'll be sticking to 0407 for now. It's been working just as good as 0328 for me so far. Even if I have Titanium Backup, lack of in place firmware updates is still a major pain.

#256 firmanm

firmanm

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:39 AM

With 0417, I have cannot open and run Antutu Benchmark.. Can someone explained about it ? Thanks....

#257 Wahaz

Wahaz

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNiamey, Niger

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:41 PM

hi i am looking for MX player that comes on 31/01 and 03/02 firmware it plas my full HD videos with no lag. but the MX player i download from playstore after upgrading to 28/03 firmware has lags on full HD videos.

can someone who has MX player on the stock firmware make backup and put link or send it to wahazabd@gmail.com

thanks.
Ainol Novo 7 Venus
ZTE BLADE San Francisco
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 (My Sister's)
Samsung Galaxy Young (My Sister's)

#258 Wiiliam Tran

Wiiliam Tran

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:29 PM

hi i am looking for MX player that comes on 31/01 and 03/02 firmware it plas my full HD videos with no lag. but the MX player i download from playstore after upgrading to 28/03 firmware has lags on full HD videos.

can someone who has MX player on the stock firmware make backup and put link or send it to wahazabd@gmail.com

thanks.

Have you tried turning from s/w decode to h/w, I think it's the cause to your lag. Just change it from the option on right top corner of MX player, let me know if it works.

Sent from my Novo7 Venus using Tapatalk HD

#259 smarkies

smarkies

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:36 AM

Have you tried turning from s/w decode to h/w, I think it's the cause to your lag. Just change it from the option on right top corner of MX player, let me know if it works.

Same here, after updating to 417 or 4.2.2 firmware, I'm having problem playing HD movies with MX player, I used to watch movies with 0328 firmware, and I have play HW or HW+ with no issues, now playing in 4.2.2 firmware it can only play sounds in HW/HW+ and can play normal with SW but the quality is dropping.

#260 boedyirh

boedyirh

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:05 AM

Sorry to ask you this. :)
How do I install and where to download the binary?

Thanks

Boedy

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By cxz in cxz's Blog, on 16 February 2014 - 09:08 AM

Source: Ainol Actions 7029 ROMs

Read Full Entry →