Flickering Screen of Death

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 droidbaby

droidbaby

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

So I bought this supposedly new tablet here in SG from somebody selling in qoo10.com but paid for it COD (yeah, dumb thought it would be safer to be able to test it in person). I did all the necessary testings... charging. On and off. etc. etc. before I handed my money. I charged it to full (took maybe 2 hours) from the charger that the seller included. Played with it while it was plugged in and pulled it out when fully charged. Total of 2-3 hour play time. Went out for biking. Come back and played with it for another hour or so... then dinner and went out again. Come back and played with it for another 2-3 hours. Last I checked battery was at 30% but it was going down fast (games in full brightness mode). Then I screen off to do something else, I come back to wake the screen and I got the flickering screen of death. It's like the entire screen has these red, blue, green, white lines just flickering back and forth. Got nervous but it powered off after holding the power button down THEN it will reboot into the ainol logos yada yada and go to the lock screen. Happened maybe 3x or 4x before it will just completely go to the FSOD. I plugged it in to PC to make sure I didn't get a dead tablet sure enough pc located it. YES! Well, I searched for the seller up and down qoo10.com and can't find his name or store or ad anywhere anymore. SUCKS big time. I was talking to my husband about it (took maybe an hour or so plugged in) then I tried to power it on again and lo and behold it went to the lock screen again (battery says 24%)!!!! did this for 4x and it was working great again. I downloaded a screen test app first one I seen when I searched. All the colors and hues were working on the screen. I unplugged it from PC. Screened off and on again to see what will happen... now I'm back on FSOD!! What to do??? Anyone ever have this problem/issue?

Edited by droidbaby, 05 February 2013 - 01:52 PM.

#2 droidbaby

droidbaby

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

You tube Video. Please please help me!