Help please with the charger!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ierathel7

ierathel7

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:28 PM

a week ago I received the tablet Ainol Novo Hero purchased in focal... price ... and i not come with the charger. it had to be buyed separate and i saw in the comments and they said that have to buy a charger 5V 2A with 2.5mm connector ... I bought a charger when plugged in the tablet and surprise!, the battery will not recharge

my tablet is at 10% of battery and the micro USB charging not recharge the tablet:( on the official website they says your charger must be 12V 2A ... It could be recharger by the lower voltage 5V?? or i have to buy a charger of 12V?? or in the worst case they sent me a defective tablet??? please help! and sorry fo my english...

#2 ant-uk

ant-uk

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • LocationDerbyshire - England

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

Hi ierathel, I can confirm the Ainol Novo 10 Hero does not charge via the USB.
The specification of the plug/charger has been covered in this thread: http://www.slatedroi...specifications/
Also I've just checked FLSuperstore website and they sell the correct charger.
Hope this helps? Ant.

#3 Jote

Jote

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:56 AM

Hero is charged with 12V charger. Hero has 3.7V batteries connected to series and combined (nominal)voltage is 7.4V. It's impossible to charge with 5V. Technically USB (5V) charging could have been implemented wiht step up regulator but that is expensive an inefficcient.

They advertise the tablet with 8000mAh (3.7V) battery but it's really 7.4V 4000mAh. Traditional Chinese "inaccuracy" in specs.

Edited by Jote, 06 February 2013 - 03:00 AM.

#4 Ferd Burfle

Ferd Burfle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationJeffersontown, KY USA

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:28 PM

Hi ierathel, I can confirm the Ainol Novo 10 Hero does not charge via the USB.
The specification of the plug/charger has been covered in this thread: http://www.slatedroi...specifications/
Also I've just checked FLSuperstore website and they sell the correct charger.
Hope this helps? Ant.

I can verify that the charger carried by FL Superstore works fine. Ainol Store sent the wrong charger with my Hero, and while I waited nearly a month for a replacement to arrive I ordered an extra from FL. Works like a champ, and it arrived in just a few days.

Edited by Ferd Burfle, 06 February 2013 - 01:29 PM.

--

Be seeing you…

Ferd Burfle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users