[ROM] [4.2.1] Novo7 Flames 0201 Official AML Firmware

• Please log in to reply
359 replies to this topic

#241 Markwell

Markwell

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:45 AM

I tried this ROM, it has Pros and Cons. I'll try to summarize them here so that if someone has suggestions we can discuss.
Tested on a QM device.

PROS:
  • Fast boot time.
  • Smooth UI.
  • Bluetooth seems to work without problems.
  • It's rooted.
  • No "POP" sound or hissing sound whatsoever

CONS:
  • Rear camera has a big delay (like on CM/PA... only on ICS it seems to work).
  • Camera quality is limited to VGA.
  • android.process.acore pop-up error if you set up a Google Account (solved thanks to highotquest)
  • It has a strange fingerprint which forbids to install apps that require AutoFocus (AF), and GPS related apps (like Bluetooth apps to connect to an external Bluetooth GPS)
  • Full of useless chinese apps
  • Play store suggestions are often limited to chinese apps... don't know if it's for the fingerprint or what.

Someone knows how to change build.prop/fingerprint/config files so as to install apps that require AF (like Goggles or Instagram) and Bluetooth GPS?

Edited by Markwell, 02 March 2013 - 01:25 PM.

#242 asifmalik

asifmalik

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:28 AM

Can somebody upload it to some other server because bbs is pathetic and dropbox link says too much traffic so cannot give download links.

#243 Markwell

Markwell

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:14 AM

Workaround to install "uncompatible" apps: install Aptoide and install those apps Play Store says to be uncompatible from there.

#244 JiggsUp

JiggsUp

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:18 PM

Workaround to install "uncompatible" apps: install Aptoide and install those apps Play Store says to be uncompatible from there.

This helped me a lot. It was frustrating not being able to run apps that ran on the my pre JB install. Thanks to aptoide I now can once again play my Angry Birds HD. Thanks Markwell for the info on this app :)
  • Markwell likes this

#245 rajzen

rajzen

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

Guys, how to get usb mass storage work on this rom ? HDMI sound finally work but i cant use tablet as multimedia device, when i copy hd movie through MTP about 4 hours....

#246 Billcnz

Billcnz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:54 AM

Guys, how to get usb mass storage work on this rom ? HDMI sound finally work but i cant use tablet as multimedia device, when i copy hd movie through MTP about 4 hours....

You won't be able to but you could use TWRP recovery which has a USB storage mode. Other option is to shutdown and remove sdcard and put in a card reader.

Sent from my Novo7Flame running CM10.1 2013-03-03, mu QM 1.4.1

#247 rdis

rdis

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:48 AM

Can somebody upload it to some other server because bbs is pathetic and dropbox link says too much traffic so cannot give download links.

And i think i have to remove dropbox link. it's make my account suspended all the time Posted Image
As alternative try this:
TM: Part1 | Part2
QM: Part1 | Part2
Device History:
- K-Touch U86 / Lotus2
- Novo7 Flame TM-MMA
- ZTE Blade
- Nokia 110
- Samsung SGH E590
- Nokia 6600
- Nokia 2300
- Sony Ericcson T230
- Siemens C45
- Nokia 3350

#248 Markwell

Markwell

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:25 AM

This helped me a lot. It was frustrating not being able to run apps that ran on the my pre JB install. Thanks to aptoide I now can once again play my Angry Birds HD. Thanks Markwell for the info on this app :)

You're welcome :) However I noticed that not every app will be installable even through Aptoide (GPS related apps for example :V).
Does someone know how to modify some config file as to be able to install all those apps (AutoFocus/ GPS/ other)?

#249 rajzen

rajzen

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:07 AM

Something is wrong with my rom ...i cant get to recovery , so i tried that TWRP i unziped it on my sd card and after pressing power and vol- tablet just normaly starts :( so i cant get to that twrp

#250 Billcnz

Billcnz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:00 PM

Something is wrong with my rom ...i cant get to recovery , so i tried that TWRP i unziped it on my sd card and after pressing power and vol- tablet just normaly starts :( so i cant get to that twrp

You put the uImage_recovery directly on the root of the SD card? Also I press and hold vol- then press the power to make sure both keys are pressed when you activate power.

Sent from my Novo7Flame running CM10.1 2013-03-03, mu QM 1.4.1

#251 BartAfterDark

BartAfterDark

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

Not all SD cards will work, try one that isn't class10 and not too big.

MTP is too slow or why is it you don't use that?

#252 MrHunter

MrHunter

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

Hello there,

I flashed this ROM on my tablet today, but now I'm stuck with the "android.process.acore has stopped" pop-up. I tried a couple of solutions, like force stopping and clearing the data of Google Play Services and Gmail, but that didn't work.

When I tried to solve this by going to recovery, I discovered that I seemingly can't get into recovery anymore. When I press Power and Volume Down while the tablet is off, it just boots normally. I got the "TWRP-2.4.1.0-Fire-TM_0201-v2.rar" from the opening post, but since I'm new at this, I don't get how I could flash this.

And whenever I solve the problem with my recovery, does anyone know how to solve the Google Play Services problem with the pop ups? I looked up several solutions, but they didn't work for me, so I figured I could just as well create an account on this forum.

Thanks in advance, I really hope it's fixable.

#253 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:56 PM

And i think i have to remove dropbox link. it's make my account suspended all the time Posted Image
As alternative try this:
TM: Part1 | Part2
QM: Part1 | Part2

Hey, I'll host it on Mediafire. Here's a link. I keep it up there so don't worry about the link going down or anything.
If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
please consider a donation.
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#254 rdis

rdis

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:24 AM

Thanks. OP updated.
Device History:
- K-Touch U86 / Lotus2
- Novo7 Flame TM-MMA
- ZTE Blade
- Nokia 110
- Samsung SGH E590
- Nokia 6600
- Nokia 2300
- Sony Ericcson T230
- Siemens C45
- Nokia 3350

#255 chepito

chepito

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:35 AM

Hello there,

I flashed this ROM on my tablet today, but now I'm stuck with the "android.process.acore has stopped" pop-up. I tried a couple of solutions, like force stopping and clearing the data of Google Play Services and Gmail, but that didn't work.

When I tried to solve this by going to recovery, I discovered that I seemingly can't get into recovery anymore. When I press Power and Volume Down while the tablet is off, it just boots normally. I got the "TWRP-2.4.1.0-Fire-TM_0201-v2.rar" from the opening post, but since I'm new at this, I don't get how I could flash this.

And whenever I solve the problem with my recovery, does anyone know how to solve the Google Play Services problem with the pop ups? I looked up several solutions, but they didn't work for me, so I figured I could just as well create an account on this forum.

Thanks in advance, I really hope it's fixable.

Look HERE
Simply put Contacts.apk into folder System/app and change permissions for this file. Use for this Root Explorer or ES File Explorer into root mode

#256 asifmalik

asifmalik

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:19 AM

Thanks for the media fire link

#257 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

Got something else for you guys. Here is a link to this firmware's TM Screen version, flashable in TWRP. It's only for if you have already flashed the firmware package via the AML USB Burning software though. I'm pretty sure that is required for the first time you update and this zip only has the boot.img, not the bootloader.img in it.. This package is for if you mess up your build.prop,accidentally delete an important file, get a boot loop or just want to go back to the stock ROM. I'm pretty confident it should work fine for anyone with a TM screen, if it does, let me know and I'll make one for the QM Screen as well. As usual, you should only flash a test zip like this if you know what you are doing. Unzip the download and the flashable zip is inside, I decided to package it in with a READ ME file just in case it floats around without a link back to this description, so no one flashes it without using the AML USB Burning software first.

EDIT: I've having a couple issues here. I don't know why but if it doesn't work at first, factory reset, then flash just the pa_elf2-3.10-24FEB2013-144819.zip file, no need to reboot or flash any other files, then flash the stock firmware.I think the stock boot.img might be secured and that's what is causing the problem.

EDIT2: Noticed this post got linked to recently. I have some updates on this post and this post. I had to use parted to fix the two blocks in the second post and everything is back to normal.

Edited by fuser-invent, 22 March 2013 - 09:14 AM.

• rdis likes this
If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
please consider a donation.
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#258 demonseed

demonseed

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:46 AM

I am using this ROM and I am happier than all of the previous stuff I tried to exercise on this equipment.
Thanks for all the contributors.

By the way, I could not manage to connect to a wi-fi network with WEP security.

So far, WPA and WPA2 was not a problem at all, but no result with WEP.

Could anyone suggest anything please?

Cheers

#259 MrHunter

MrHunter

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:22 AM

I just fixed the issue with Contact.apk, and that's fine now. The only bug I'm still having trouble with is Google Play Services giving me an error when I'm trying to sync my Google Calendar. The rest of my Google sync works fine now, I can sync G+, Gmail, People etc but Calendar gives me trouble. Here's a screenshot of the error.

Posted Image

I really hope I'm not bothering you guys too much with my silly nooby questions. Thanks. :)

#260 highotguest

highotguest

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

@MrHunter

Add GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk to /systam/app and fix permissions can fix it.