Android Tablets Forum banner

The Tablet from Hell!!!

14K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Vila 
#1 ·
Hi all, I have been searching the web since December, trying to get some information on this blasted tablet. As is usual these days, support is almost non-existant! Anyways, I will list below the information thrown back when I use system checkers etc.

Brand : Softwinners

CPU Hardware: Sun4i

CPU Model: ARMv7 (VFPv3, NEON)

CPU Speed; 60.00 - 1200Mhz

Screen Res: 1024 x 564

GPU Vendor: ARM

GPU Render: Mali-400 MP

GPU Version: OpenGL ES 2.0

Android Ver: 4.0.4

Build No: 10_v1.4_PA0108CD_DR0780_V14

Kernel: Linux Version 3.0.8+(root@benign)(gcc version 4.5.1 (Soucery G++ Lite 2010.09-50)) #36 PREEMPT Fri Jul 13 19:01:54 CST 2012

It has 1 mini USB, one micro SD slot, an HDMI output, 3.5mm Headphone jack and a pin socket for charging. It also has a large 'hard' previous button. Also present are power, vol up / down buttons and home and menu buttons. I am also struggling to get it to 'reboot' using power and vol buttons. It won't have any combination. RAM is 512mb with 4gig onboard, and 8gig in the slot.

I have installed ABD drivers for the Allwinner10 on my PC and I can only see program folders, no android system data, so I'm guessing that could be the wrong drivers!

I have checked the root, and Rootchecker says it is rooted. I installed superuser, and that operates. I have also got screenshot it working (i'm led to believe that this requires root)

It's not a bad machine, it just does my head in, being sooooo sloooow as times. Touch response is dodgy sometimes, the 'vendor' altered browser is a joke, and basically, I don't like the way it's set up, so I would love to flash it. I have a Samsung Galaxy Fit phone that runs rings around this bloody tablet, with CyanogenMod 7 on it!!

Anyways, any ideas guys / gals?????? At this rate I WILL end up throwing it a someone!!

See less See more
#3 ·
Yes, sounds like it.

It can be very hard if not impossible to figure out what tablet you have. Lots of Chinese tablets out there.

Model Number would be useful to know. Settings->About Tablet. Should be easier to search for your tablet & firmware with model number.

A10 = single core Cortex A8 with single core Mali400 GPU. Today we have dual cores that are 2.5X more powerful and even newer quad cores too. ie. Exynos Quad, A31, RK3188 (in 1.5 months), etc. You will be better off getting a newer dual or quad core tablet if you can afford it.

#4 ·
Thanks for the reply. The full details are Giani Digital Mipal 3, model number GDP0108C.

I'm not fussed about a newer slate as I only use it at work really. I'm a cabbie and use it for flight arrivals, google maps etc. I won't risk an expensive bit of kit in the car, I still use a Galaxy fit phone!! lol.

I have cyanogen 7 on my phone and it's brilliant.

I would like this slate flashed so I can use Google Play. I have an account on there, but whatever I try, I can't get it on the tab.

I'm running Android 4.0.4, and the tab is rooted, I have superuser downloaded and working, along with screen shot it.

I hope someone out there can assist!!

#5 ·
#7 ·
Yay!!

I seem to have had a small victory!! I downloaded Moborobo, and viola! It found my slate straight away, and I was able poke around in the system files. I grabbed the Gapps zip and after a bit of messing around (2 system and apps folders appearing!!), I managed to get the Gapps installed into the system and I have now lost nearly ALL of the crud and bloat installed with the custom rom. It works much better now and I have Play etc all running fine. I was even able to D/L Chrome and try that out, but it seems to be a very large app for what it does, and it worked quite slow. Back to Opera, turbo turned on and browsing quickly now. I left the standard browser on as I now have the BBC iplayer installed (at last!!!), and some times Opera can cause 'outside of UK' issues.

So thanks to those who replied to my newbie thread! I just have one question now, and I'm off to the software section of the site now....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.