52 replies to this topic

#1 jured

jured

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

http://www.slatedroi...attach_id=10530

I have also just finished replacing my battery with a 5000mAh version. I was able to do it with less modification as in the link above. It feels substantially heavier. I hope I don't get tired holding it :)I have it on a charger, I will have to see how the charging goes.

While looking the PC board over, I noticed there is an additional speaker port. I wonder if any sound is piped there. There is also a notification LED spot but nothing loaded. And the microphone isn't aligned with a hole it is just pointing at empty space.

If there are any requests I might pop the back off and post a pic and detailed instructions. The Russian ones are excellent of course but some bits were confusing. Now that I went through the procedure, I found alternatives that worked.

Edited by jured, 04 February 2013 - 11:23 PM.

#2 Sartre

Sartre

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:56 AM

I can't see the extra speaker port on my board. It might be something that was on the v3 (I have a V4 datedSept 5). A guy on 4pda.ru has a v4.3 from Dec 4. You can see significant differences in the board layout.

Posted Image

My microphone is behind the headphone jack which works pretty good because it's open at the end.

#3 jured

jured

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:14 AM

Yours looks identical in every way to mine before modding. The same person must have assembled it.

The extra speaker solder pads are at 4'oclock from the headphone socket, next to it.

#4 Sartre

Sartre

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:43 AM

Yours looks identical in every way to mine before modding. The same person must have assembled it.

The extra speaker solder pads are at 4'oclock from the headphone socket, next to it.

That's not mine... that's the Russian dude's tablet. Here is mine:

Posted Image

It's odd that your unit from August would look identical to his unit from December when there are numerous layout changes on my unit from September.

#5 K@mui

K@mui

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:45 AM

Jured can you make a photo of yours with marks, circles or whatever showing the inputs?

#6 Sartre

Sartre

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

Anyone know why there's a Realtek ethernet chip on these boards? Is it for a USB-Ethernet adapter? Ethernet over HDMI?

#7 jured

jured

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

The Realtek chip must be handling the WiFi, that's where the antenna is connected.

#8 Sartre

Sartre

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

The Realtek chip must be handling the WiFi, that's where the antenna is connected.

No, I mean the ALC563 down near the HDMI port. The WiFi chip is self-contained.

#9 Sartre

Sartre

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:20 AM

Any updates on the battery? How long is it lasting? Charging time? Does the battery indicator correlate at all?

#10 techno.plug

techno.plug

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:09 AM

I'd also like to know the status of your new 5000mah battery as I'm looking forward to change the one that came with the tablet.

#11 gab59

gab59

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

I'd also like to know the status of your new 5000mah battery as I'm looking forward to change the one that came with the tablet.

for those who are interested, i sell a 5000mah battery (new) 3,7V for Icoo D70PRO II (i live in france). I bought it to change the original but I just realized that it wasn't easier than expected. Sent me a PM :rolleyes:

EDIT : SOLD

Edited by gab59, 10 February 2013 - 05:05 AM.

#12 jured

jured

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

It has been just a few days since I made the upgrade. I am happy with the result so far. I think the battery will improve over a few cycles but I am now on the 1st cycle. After installing it, AI left it undisturbed switched off on the charger to fully charge. I started using it 2 nights ago,reading for a while in bed, then leaving it to sleep overnight with no special techniques to ensures it goes to deepsleep except to set wifi sleep policy for wifi to be off during deepsleep.

Next morning it had not moved at all in percentage drop. I used it on and off during the day. During use it still drops fast but nothing like the stock battery's freefall. In between when it sat idle I always found it remains flat for hour after hour. Not sure if the battery monitor stops or the battery actually stays constant, because when I then use it, it falls faster than I expect.

Anyway it lasted 24h+ in that sort of use. Before, it might last 5h. So a huge improvement. It takes a long time to charge. In deepsleep, it charged for 8h and it's not even at 80%. The charger is 800mA so that is no surprise. Even switched off it will take 6-7h. I will probably just switch it off next time.

Edited by jured, 07 February 2013 - 04:26 PM.

#13 Sartre

Sartre

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

Check out Battery Monitor Widget if you haven't already...

https://play.google....e=search_result

Lots of nice graphs and data.

#14 jured

jured

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

Heh heh I have the paid app. :-) B-)

When I have the screen shot working I will post a pic.

Edited by jured, 07 February 2013 - 07:46 PM.

#15 techno.plug

techno.plug

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

Interesting. My original battery can give me a little more than 1h of actively browsing Internet (without streaming any online videos) which I find quite disappointing. Ideally for me would be to have at least 2-3 hours of actively browsing Internet without checking battery status every 5-10 mins. But I guess you get what you pay for, and mine was ~$42 with a coupon from DX.com which means I should be more than satisfied, especially since everything else is working perfectly on this tablet.

So, if I understood you correctly, you'd say additional ~$15 of investment for the 5000mah battery is profitable and sound choice?

#16 jured

jured

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

Yes. I also got mine from dx. I surfed and did various things for many hours again yesterday, basically used it the whole day and it was down to 20%. I will post a apic of my BMW graph.

I think the battery that comes with this rablet might be 1Ah, definitely not the 3 as claimed. This is oftenthe case with cut-price iyems from China; they cut component prices to the bone, including the battery,

#17 jured

jured

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:39 AM

Here is a screen shot of my BWM graph. The long flat bit was when I realised that my clock was out by 12h and corrected it. The vertical spikes was when I tried out BMW's own percentage estimation and found it was way out.

Posted Image

#18 Cache

Cache

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:33 AM

Which one from DX did you get exactly? What's the SKU or the URL? Thanks.

#19 Sartre

Sartre

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:25 PM

Which one from DX did you get exactly? What's the SKU or the URL? Thanks.

The discussion in this topic (and practically this subforum) is about the D70 Pro II.

http://dx.com/p/164481

#20 Cache

Cache

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

Oh, didn't he state he got the 5000mAh replacement battery for the D70Pro2 at DX?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users