37 replies to this topic

#1 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

Ive opened this topic to help users and developers trace hardware and software compatibility. RCA started a similar thread on the Crystal sub-forum and it helped identify three batches of Crystal tablets with different hardware and helped ROM developers create clearly labeled compatibility zips for their ROM's. Please take a moment to share your experience with different ROM's you have tried to flash, what works and what doesn't. To keep it organized, please share the following information:

Hero build number:(found at the bottom long-side of the tablet) ex."NOVO10HERO20130116..." We only need the numbers in Green.
Firmware that came installed: ex. "Novo1003-Hero-1115.zip"
Kernel: (found in settings -> system -> about tablet) ex. "3.0.8-gfef6e76-dirty chengnan.tan@droid07-sz"
Flashed ROM: ex. Custom ROM - "cm-10-20121220-UNOFFICIAL-elf2.zip + hero-cm10-compatibility-rc1.zip" or Stock ROM "Novo1003-Hero-1219.zip"
Additional Zips: ex. "gapps-jb-20121011-signed-ubifs.zip"
Recovery Used: ex. "ainol-hero-cwm-5.5.0.4.rar" or "TWRP_v2.3.3.0_hero_1219.rar"
G-Sensor: (in terminal emulator type "su" for root and then "getevent -p") ex. mma8452 or bma250
Build.prop changes that fix your rotation, ex.
ro.sf.gsensorposition=5
bma250.sf.gsensorposition=0
mma8452.sf.gsensorposition=5
Comments: ex. "G-sensor, WiFi and Camera worked, ROM was smooth, no crashes." or "G-sensor flipped the wrong way with rotation, no sound, WiFi worked, frequent crashes." Add in any other additional or relevant comments you'd like.

Hopefully with enough participation we can easily figure out which ROM's, custom or stock, work on which build numbers and new tablet buyers can just come here to figure out what they can and can not flash. Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------------

COMPILED INFO:
Report back if you find any of this to be incorrect or if you can confirm that it is correct.

G-Sensor Fixes:

Hero build number: 20130116
G-Sensor: mma8452
Build.prop Settings for G-Sensor:

ro.sf.gsensorposition=5

Hero build number: 20121116
G-Sensor: mma8452?
Build.prop Settings for G-Sensor:

ro.sf.gsensorposition=0

Kernel Information:

1115 Kernel: 3.0.8-g56706e5-dirty chengnan.tan

1207 & 1219 Kernel: 3.0.8-gfef6e76-dirty chengnan.tan

0128 Kernel: 3.0.8-g31be731-dirty chengnan.tan

------------------------------------------------------------

ANTI-HERO custom ROM by fuser-invent
--- Hybrid ROM Based on Official Stock 0128 Firmware and CM10 ---

This ROM is being released exclusively on another site.

You can find the ROM's official thread here.

If possible please try to respond in that thread as it is hard to maintain two threads for the same release.

Edited by fuser-invent, 09 February 2013 - 08:33 PM.

If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
please consider a donation.
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#2 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

I'll get this thread started:

Hero build number: 20130116
Firmware that came installed: Novo1003-Hero-1219.zip
Kernel: 3.0.8-gfef6e76-dirty chengnan.tan@droid07-sz
Flashed ROM: Custom ROM - "cm-10-20121220-UNOFFICIAL-elf2.zip + hero-cm10-compatibility-rc1.zip" and "hero-cm10-compatibility-rc2.zip"
Additional Zips: None
Recovery Used: TWRP_v2.3.3.0_hero_1219.rar
Comments:
hero-cm10-compatibility-rc1.zip - Wifi works but sound doesn't.
hero-cm10-compatibility-rc2.zip - Sound works but Wifi doesn't.

When the tablet was rotated on both comp zips, the screen would not rotate where it should. I changed "ro.sf.gsensorposition=0" to "ro.sf.gsensorposition=5" and I thought it had solved the problem. The rotation was correct when turning the screen in the launcher but then I discovered it wasn't correct in games like Asphalt 7. So far this seems to work for both on my device:

ro.sf.gsensorposition=5

The build.prop settings that are in CM10 and CM10.1 don't work for me at all. I really hope we can compile enough information so people can come here and just figure out what their settings are based on their build date in their serial number. I only tested CM10 for about 10-15 minutes and everything seemed okay to me for that time period. I've been spending all my time since building the first version of my Hero ROM.

Edited by fuser-invent, 08 February 2013 - 07:53 PM.

If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#3 lemiks

lemiks

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

Obviously there is 2 sifferent g sensor hero use, look at the build prop new firmware :

After having 2 Hero I found there is 2 different sensor they use, one is BMA 250 and newer batch they use MMA 8452

Look at the build.prop newest 1219 firmware :

ro.sf.hwrotation=270
#0~7 You are required to get the correct install direction according the sensor placement on target board
ro.sf.gsensorposition=0
#compatibility of two kind of sensors
#ro.sf.ecompassposition=4
allow_all_orientations=1

I found weird touchscreen & G Sensor behaviour with newer batch after installing CM 10

Finally I edit : ro.sf.gsensorposition=0 Changing the value to 5

Voila the touch screen work great.

Still curious with #ro.sf.ecompassposition=4 what does it mean

I'll get this thread started:

Hero build number: 20120116
Kernel: 3.0.8-gfef6e76-dirty chengnan.tan@droid07-sz
Flashed ROM: Custom ROM - "cm-10-20121220-UNOFFICIAL-elf2.zip + hero-cm10-compatibility-rc1.zip" and "hero-cm10-compatibility-rc2.zip"
Recovery Used: TWRP_v2.3.3.0_hero_1219.rar
Comments:
hero-cm10-compatibility-rc1.zip - Wifi works but sound doesn't.
hero-cm10-compatibility-rc2.zip - Sound works but Wifi doesn't.

When the tablet was rotated on both comp zips, the screen would not rotate where it should. I changed "ro.sf.gsensorposition=0" to "ro.sf.gsensorposition=5" and it solved the problem. Everything seemed to run okay, although I only tested it for maybe 15 minutes before flashing my ROM's alpha build. I didn't test anything but the basics.

#4 konstapa

konstapa

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:45 AM

Hero build number: 20121216
Firmware that came installed: Novo1003-Hero-1115V2.zip
Kernel: 3.0.8-g56706e5-dirty chengnan.tan@droid07-sz#2
Flashed ROM: Custom ROM - "cm-10-20121220-UNOFFICIAL-elf2.zip + cm10finalDBs.zip" (I don't really know wich rc is, i took from here:="http://www.slatedroi...ll-brick-free/"
Recovery Used: CWM v5.5.0.4
Comments:
Everything was working fine in stock rom but with CM10 i have a (much) improved touch sensitivity. Even the battery indicator, that many complain about living its on life, is working fine. Very rare crashes, just fom my mistakes. Keeping my fingers crossed... :rolleyes:

Very systematic approach you have there, i like it... Cheers :drinks:

Edited by konstapa, 04 February 2013 - 01:52 AM.

#5 BullMsa

BullMsa

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:06 AM

Hero build number: 20121216
Firmware that came installed: Novo1003-Hero-1115v2
Kernel: 3.0.8-gfef6e76-dirty chengnan.tan@droid07-sz <- (that is the kernel I'am using atm with the 1207v2, hope you mean that)
Flashed ROM: Stock ROM Novo1003-Hero-1207v2_bloatfree.zip
Additional Zips: none
Recovery Used: Stock Recovery
G-Sensor: bma250
Comments: imo the fastest and smoothest stock firmware. It runs very well, no crashes, no problems at all. Youtube works, HDMI out works fine on my older TV devices regardless the selectet resolution. 30 FPS in the Epic Citadel benchmark. Negative: all the needful features from the custom ROM's were missing, such as screenshot function, lockscreen configuration, kill recent apps with one klick on the "ladder" icon, sofkey config, battery icon config...and so on...

I tried nearly every ROM on my Hero. from the Stock ROMS's the 1207v2 ist the most stable and the fastest at all, the 1219 hangs sometimes and apps crash without a reason. The 0127 works fine, but in games it runs slower than the 1207v2.

CM10/CM10.1 runs well on my hero, flash didn't work properly despite flash plugin. HDMI out also didn't work properly. There is no sound playing movies on older TV devices (Pioneer plasma from 2008 and LG lcd from 2008). Using CM10 sound doesn't work at all, using CM10.1 sound works until you change resolution from 720p to 1080p. after that, the sound is instantly off until you restart the Hero. Christans fix helped and the sound is working at my older TV devices, regardless of the selected resolution. But sometimes the sound suspends for second. I like the additional features in CM10.1 very much but with CM10.1 the Hero has a really weak graphic performance in Epic Citatel benchmark (22,1 FPS). I dont' have an idea why..so I switched back to stock 1207v2.

If you ask more, I will try to answer your questions.

Greetings from Germany.

Edited by BullMsa, 04 February 2013 - 06:05 PM.

#6 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:38 AM

@ lemiks - Yes I've looked at the build.prop for every official build and I know there are two different g-sensors but the information doesn't help and you didn't use the requested formatting. What would be super helpful, since you actually have two Hero's with the different g-sensor would be to post their information here.

@ konstapa - Thanks for the info! I'm not totally sure yet but it looks like "cm10finalDBs.zip" is "hero-cm10-compatibility-1.0.zip" with some extras. Christian calls that one RC0 but the file name says 1.0.

@ BullMsa - I just realized I made a mistake in my build number on my post. It was 20130116 not 20120116. Same build number for you? All great info and good to know. Are you saying though that with your current firmware you can't take screen shots and the "clear all notifications 'ladder' icon" is gone?

#7 Paul52

Paul52

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:42 PM

Hero build number: 20121116
Firmware that came installed: Novo1003-Hero-1115V2.zip
Kernel: 3.0.8-g56706e5-dirty chengnan.tan@droid07-sz#2
Flashed ROM: Custom ROM cm-10.1-20130112-UNOFFICIAL-elf2.zip + hero-cm10.1-compatibility-1.0.zip
Recovery Used: CWM v5.5.0.4

Comments:
Tablet works perfect on the above.
Flashed firmware to cm-10.1 because OEM firmware wouldn't allow WiFi to be set to 'Always On'
Tried several apps to fix problem but they all caused 'ghost touch' and screen issues when tablet woke.
Today tested compatibility-1.1.rc1 with Novo1003-Hero-1219 but 'ghost touch' issues returned.

#8 BullMsa

BullMsa

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

@ BullMsa - I just realized I made a mistake in my build number on my post. It was 20130116 not 20120116. Same build number for you? All great info and good to know. Are you saying though that with your current firmware you can't take screen shots and the "clear all notifications 'ladder' icon" is gone?

Sorry, I had made a mistake too (that was no copy & paste, I swear :D) The numbers are much too small. My correct build number is 20121216. I've edited my post above.

Yes, I can't take a screen shot with the stock ROM, or I didn't found this function yet. In CM10.1 I can take a screen shot with the Power ON/OFF hardware key, and with AOKP it's even possible to add a soft key for the screen shot-function. The solution with the hardware key in CM 10.1 I like much more.

Ironically in the notifications is an "clear all notifications" icon. But in any custom ROM I've tested is also such an "clear all" icon in the recently opened apps. I hope my translation is correct and much more I hope you know what I mean. I would like to make you a screen shot, but it will not do so. (Or I don't know how :D)

#9 maludroid

maludroid

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

Hero build number: "NOVO10HERO20121226..."
Firmware that came installed: "Novo1003-Hero-1219.zip"
Kernel: "3.0.8-gfef6e76-dirty chengnan.tan@droid07-sz"
Flashed ROM: Stock 1219
Recovery Used: original from 1219
Comments: Popping sound when audio stops. Very irritating when using sound feedback for keyboard or touch screen. Low volume on bluetooth sound. This seems common in Android world. I managed to overcome it by using Dsp manager and boosting all frequencies. Sometimes I need to reenable wifi to get connected, but this may be due go enormous wifi networks number in area - Inssider shows more than 40...

Edited by maludroid, 04 February 2013 - 05:32 PM.

#10 BullMsa

BullMsa

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

Edited my post above, added my g-sensor: bma250

#11 kuty

kuty

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

https://play.google....evicetest&hl=en
use this to see ur g-sensor name

#12 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:45 PM

@ BullMsa - You can snap a screen shot by hitting the power and vol- buttons at the same time. Sometimes you have to try it a few times because timing can be tricky but I tested it on my device and it works.

#13 nomailing

nomailing

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

@kuty the app in your link returns a different sensor than with getevent

Hero build number: "NOVO10HERO20130116..."
Kernel: "3.0.8-gfef6e76-dirty chengnan.tan@droid07-sz"
Flashed ROM: none
Recovery Used: none
G-Sensor: Contradicting Information: getevent says it is a mma8452 but Z-DeviceTest says it is a bma250
Comments: Stock ROM runs stable for 5 days now.
There was once a problem that a certain spot on the touchscreen was completely unresponsive (roughly the size and location of the "S" on the onscreen keyboard, so I couldn't type the letter anymore). I fixed it by a reboot. Does someone know if this is a hardware or software issue?

In build.prop I have to set "mma8452.sf.gsensorposition=5" to have a correct orientation of the gsensor (with "mma8452.sf.gsensorposition=0" the axes are flipped).

#14 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:11 AM

For anyone willing and who knows what they are doing:

Can you try setting:

ro.sf.gsensorposition=5
mma8452.sf.gsensorposition=0

and report back what happens? You can always set it back, if you haven't already reported your regular info, please do that with your findings. Thanks!

#15 bajie23

bajie23

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:53 AM

Hero build number: novo10hero20121116G007654
Firmware that came installed: Novo1003-Hero-1115v2
Kernel: 3.0.8-gfef6e76-dirty chengnan.tan@droid07-sz #10 SMP PREEMPT Wed Dec 19 17:01:47 CST 2012
Flashed ROM: official 1219
Recovery Used: Stock Recovery
G-Sensor: bma250
Comments: first problem was the wifi never sleeps and battery issue, where tablet only works when plugged in, forum said its a lose battery connector, but i took it to service, and they said they replaced the whole board. (BTW im not sure if the numbers on the casing matches the board because of this.) i also have updated it form 1116 to 1219

when tablet came back form repair, baterry is ok, wifi issue still present, but now i have rotation issue that i only noticed after i got back home, it was on v1116 again, and i thought it was bec of firmware, so i upgraded to v1219, but still it did not fix the rotation issue. i have to use Ultimate Rotation App to switch from landscape to portrait. Temple run 2, runner stuck on the left side, and on app " accelerometer ball", the ball always falls to the lower left.

For anyone willing and who knows what they are doing:Can you try setting:

ro.sf.gsensorposition=5bma250.sf.gsensorposition=0mma8452.sf.gsensorposition=0
and report back what happens? You can always set it back, if you haven't already reported your regular info, please do that with your findings. Thanks!

im not sure if i am a valid subject for this because i have rotation issues, but the results are same as the above.
auto rotation doesnt work. i have to use Ultimate Rotation App to switch from landscape to portrait. Temple run 2 got runner stuck on the left side, and on app " accelerometer ball", the ball always falls to the lower left.

#16 BullMsa

BullMsa

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:54 AM

@ BullMsa - You can snap a screen shot by hitting the power and vol- buttons at the same time. Sometimes you have to try it a few times because timing can be tricky but I tested it on my device and it works.

Wow...thanks for the info. I'm sure I never would have found this.

#17 toweliechaos

toweliechaos

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:55 AM

Hero build number: A047119
Firmware that came installed: 1115
Kernel: unknown
Flashed ROM: cm10.1 20130202
Additional Zips: gapps-jb-20121212-signed-ubifs.zip & hero-cm10.1-compatibility.zip
Recovery Used: TWRP 2.3.3.0_hero_1219
G-Sensor: unknown

Comments: boots past flash screen and gets going but then "unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped" pops up continuously and makes it almost impossible to do anything with the tablet. Not being a phone would explain the failure of said process, but how can I sort it out?

cannot get Kernel or G-Sensor information due to having "unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped" coming up all the time, rendering the tablet unusable

Help!

Edited by toweliechaos, 05 February 2013 - 09:30 AM.

#18 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

@ toweliechaos - I would suggest following the instructions in this thread. Its the safest way to wipe mostly everything and get a fresh firmware install.

#19 nomailing

nomailing

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

For anyone willing and who knows what they are doing:

Can you try setting:

ro.sf.gsensorposition=5
mma8452.sf.gsensorposition=0

These settings do not work on my device (build number 20130116) --> If I hold it in landscape the statusbar is on the left and if I hold it in portrait mode the statusbar is on the right.
Still on stock rom 1219.

#20 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

Okay, maybe people can start reporting what build.prop changes they use to fix rotation on their devices. I'll add it into the original post. So eventually, hopefully I can compile the data and people can just come to this thread, identify their device and find the correct build.prop lines that need to be edited.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users