Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

Gallery is not working every time I insert memory card. Anyone else noticed it

#103 Hossain

Hossain

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:30 AM

Gallery is not working every time I insert memory card. Anyone else noticed it

This problem is not only for this version. This problem is containing all the FW version. Need to restart to update gallery but Pendrive's media detected automatically.

#104 bim

bim

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:56 AM

thank you. I worked titanium back up. I have google play market and google app.

#105 droid.fan

droid.fan

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

This problem is not only for this version. This problem is containing all the FW version. Need to restart to update gallery but Pendrive's media detected automatically.

Any solution? I think v1219 didn't had this problem

#106 adamj

adamj

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

I have a rotation problem with this firmware.... when i hold the tablet landscape, the screen is portrait and vice versa !

#107 nomailing

nomailing

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

I have a rotation problem with this firmware.... when i hold the tablet landscape, the screen is portrait and vice versa !

You can easily fix this by editing your /system/build.prob file as explained here.

#108 adamj

adamj

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:18 AM

You can easily fix this by editing your /system/build.prob file as explained here.

Thanks, i will give this a try

#109 Dima Pro

Dima Pro

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

I have market compatibility problems. Play store ils not compatible with apps that use GPS. Like Maps, I'm using modified build.prop and XML files.
Am I the only ?

#110 jeegiz

jeegiz

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

I have market compatibility problems. Play store ils not compatible with apps that use GPS. Like Maps, I'm using modified build.prop and XML files.
Am I the only ?

I also had compatibility problems until i have read, that Chinese timezone might be the fault. Even if i had Easter Europe (Helsinki) before, i have tried to change timezone to Wester Europe (Brussels) and cleaned Google Play store cache and data. It seems to help - Google Maps appeared in Google Play.

#111 StuartCF68

StuartCF68

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

Hi all! I attempted to flash the 0128 FW, but upon reboot I get nothing but the little green android... frozen there on the screen. Help!

#112 StuartCF68

StuartCF68

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

Hi all! I attempted to flash the 0128 FW, but upon reboot I get nothing but the little green android... frozen there on the screen. Help!

Nevermind... backed down to 1219 and tried again. Looks like it might be working now. *fingers crossed*

#113 Hossain

Hossain

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:25 AM

Any solution? I think v1219 didn't had this problem

I am trying other 3rd party gallery to see gallery if failed,I will try to edit the metadata file of original if works,I will share with you.

Edited by Hossain, 19 February 2013 - 05:25 AM.

#114 maxmax316

maxmax316

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

:unsure:

This thread has become very confusing, I'm a newbie at this and never flashed anything. The Hero is my first Android product I've ever owned.

What is the correct firmware version, 0127 or 0128?
Why do I see 0128v1 in some spots?
Do we use TWRP 2.4 or TWRP 2.3.3 for the gapps?
I have an 8GB microSD, is that enough?

Sorry for all the questions guys, i'm still learning this stuff, I've been on a PC my whole life and have been programming for the Windows platform only. Linux/Android is still new to me...

Edited by maxmax316, 19 February 2013 - 12:16 PM.

#115 StuartCF68

StuartCF68

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

:unsure:

This thread has become very confusing, I'm a newbie at this and never flashed anything. The Hero is my first Android product I've ever owned.

What is the correct firmware version, 0127 or 0128?
Why do I see 0128v1 in some spots?
Do we use TWRP 2.4 or TWRP 2.3.3 for the gapps?
I have an 8GB microSD, is that enough?

Sorry for all the questions guys, i'm still learning this stuff, I've been on a PC my whole life and have been programming for the Windows platform only. Linux/Android is still new to me...

I'm in exactly the same boat as you... the Hero's my first Android device, too.

Anyway, I've seen 0127 mentioned frequently, too. But the firmware file that I downloaded is named "Novo1003-Hero-0128-V1.rar", so I'm going with "0128". :-) As for the TWRP, Christian's compatibility zip thread mentions TWRP 2.3.3.0 for 0128 while his TWRP thread mentions a newer version 2.4.1.0. So I'm guessing either one will work for installing the custom ROM and/or gapps.

And a 8GB microSD is MORE than big enough. I believe I was only using a 2GB card and that was plenty. Just do a full FAT32 format first.

Stuart

#116 maxmax316

maxmax316

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

I'm in exactly the same boat as you... the Hero's my first Android device, too.

Anyway, I've seen 0127 mentioned frequently, too. But the firmware file that I downloaded is named "Novo1003-Hero-0128-V1.rar", so I'm going with "0128". :-) As for the TWRP, Christian's compatibility zip thread mentions TWRP 2.3.3.0 for 0128 while his TWRP thread mentions a newer version 2.4.1.0. So I'm guessing either one will work for installing the custom ROM and/or gapps.

And a 8GB microSD is MORE than big enough. I believe I was only using a 2GB card and that was plenty. Just do a full FAT32 format first.

Stuart

Thanks Stuart! :good:

#117 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

Actually formatting with SD Formatter with settings "FULL (Overwrite) is better and you will avoid many potential problems. If it's a brand new card its already factory default and you probably don't have to format it.

An 8GB card is probably good for most people unless you are loading a ton of TV Shows and Movies on it.

The correct firmware version is definitely 0128. As StuartCF68 said, TWRP instructions are in Christian Troy's thread. The TWRP you need to use depends on the version of the stock firmware you are currently running.
If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
please consider a donation.
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#118 demieg

demieg

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

Thank you for this great topic about the new firmware.

I have one very big problem.

I changed the footprint with the new build.prop & android.hardware.location.gps & android.hardware.location from the first post.

When I boot my tablet my afterwards it just hangs when booting (Ainol logo). Zero response =(

Please help! :rolleyes:

Edited by demieg, 19 February 2013 - 04:15 PM.

#119 maxmax316

maxmax316

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

Actually formatting with SD Formatter with settings "FULL (Overwrite) is better and you will avoid many potential problems. If it's a brand new card its already factory default and you probably don't have to format it.

An 8GB card is probably good for most people unless you are loading a ton of TV Shows and Movies on it.

The correct firmware version is definitely 0128. As StuartCF68 said, TWRP instructions are in Christian Troy's thread. The TWRP you need to use depends on the version of the stock firmware you are currently running.

I have 1115v2 installed, I'm guessing that the 2.3.3 would work?

#120 vpr

vpr

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:21 AM

If anyone wants the full license check fix for Gameloft games but doesn't want to flash my Anti-Hero ROM (even though it's awesome), you can do the regular play store fix with the new fingerprint and permission files and then use the "framework.jar" from my ROM. It's a deodexed framework file though and you have to make sure to set permissions back correctly. The fix for the license check is thanks to Christian Troy and is basically a smali edit to the telephonymanager.smali to add a FakeDeviceID. Know what you are doing before you try it or ask someone. Maybe the person who does the playstore fix stuff can make a zip with it baked in for people who still want the straight stock firmware.

Here are the files. The smali is in there too in case you want to take a look at how its done.

Not working with odexed 0128 FW - endless boot animation.
How can I patch odexed framework.jar? I tried:
baksmali.jar -a 16 -x framework.odex -d framework -o framework_mod
smali.jar -a 16  -o classes.dex framework_mod
then I put classes.dex to framework.jar with 7zip

I have no boot even I keep stock TelephonyManager.smali after backsmali-smali.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users