• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#41 androidinata

androidinata

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:53 AM

Btw what's broken if i upgrade from 1219 firmware.. does everything work out of the box?? .. one more.. can i use gapps for cm10.1 for this 0128 firmware... as we know cm10.1 is based on jb 4.2 ..

Sent from my Novo10 Hero using Tapatalk 2

#42 crondore

crondore

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:58 AM

How's the battery life on CM?

I think good, but it's very new rom combination (0127/cm10.1/rc2 comp.zip). On 1-2 hour after use, I can't say nothing factually...

#43 basjke

basjke

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:02 AM

They are dates:

1115 - November 15th
1219 - December 19th
0128 (The thread is incorrectly named) - January 28th

Question to someone who know the answer.

I bought a new Novo 10 Hero 2 weeks ago and it came with firmware 1207-v2 , so must be released December 7th.

This firmware is not avilable anywhere on the Ainol website, however earlier versions are still available.

From other threads I get the impression that 1207-v2 is a custom rom, however then it would be impossible to have installed on a brandnew unit.

Someone can give me the explanation ?

Edited by basjke, 06 February 2013 - 12:24 PM.

#44 maludroid

maludroid

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

How's the battery life on CM?

Is THIS a CM thread?

Edited by maludroid, 06 February 2013 - 11:53 AM.

#45 droid.fan

droid.fan

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

Things version firmware major improvements:
1. Vertical screen camera photo display half of the black box
2. Updated HDMI compatibility issues
4. Updated version number XX XX XX. V1
5 update aging video crash problem

Download

http://dl.vmall.com/c04ux1an0a
http://www.mediafire...rb6r33v3bu53ok5
http://d-h.st/WN7
http://rapidshare.co...ero-0128-V1.rar

changes

• No Google Apps
  • No Chinese Apps
  • HDMI working fine. finally i m got sound from my TV :yahoo:
  • Latest Youtube application work now :pardon:

FIX

how to get google play

• download TWRP shared by Christian Troy
  • download gapps shared by Christian Troy gapps-jb-20121011-signed-ubifs.zip
  • put both files in root of your memory card
  • boot to recovery
  • flash gapps-jb-20121011-signed-ubifs.zip

First of all thanks for the hard work of christian troy for making gapps available for the new firmware. :good:

I was very pleased with the tablet and now with this new firmware its even better :yahoo:

Had to change the sensor value to get the rotation working correctly.

#46 shoukat2003

shoukat2003

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

I dont want gtalk and gmail even chrome, yes google play is necessory for me, i think this is the best firmware without chinese and google apps. I think google play can be intalled manually and dont need to install troy,s whole google package.

(I havent tried this new firmware yet, i will install after veiwing some positive reveiws)

Installs 5 minutes ago' the first bug is, WiFi icon does not turn into blue even the WiFi working fine.
Google play store installs but crashes every time I launch.

Edited by shoukat2003, 07 February 2013 - 12:47 AM.

#47 droid.fan

droid.fan

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:50 AM

I dont want gtalk and gmail even chrome, yes google play is necessory for me, i think this is the best firmware without chinese and google apps. I think google play can be intalled manually and dont need to install troy,s whole google package.

(I havent tried this new firmware yet, i will install after veiwing some positive reveiws)

Installs 5 minutes ago' the first bug is, WiFi icon does not turn into blue even the WiFi working fine.
Google play store installs but crashes every time I launch.

Install Troy's gapps Google play works in this. You can uninstall apps you don't need afterwards.

#48 aristarhos

aristarhos

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:58 AM

Compatibility Fix for Samsung Note didn't work for me.
EDIT: Do i need to wipe old data from Google Play?

And how can i make it default start in landscape?

Edited by aristarhos, 07 February 2013 - 05:15 AM.

#49 Hossain

Hossain

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:58 AM

This is my second time flashed, 1219 was my 1st flashed. This one is much better then 1219 still no crash or unfortunate media stop nug screen :good: . Butter smooth – Must have update :clapping:

Before install 20130128v1, you should backup all your system files by “Titanium Backup” and copy backup folder to your EXT SD card. So, after flash you can restore all GAPPS.

It’s the easiest way to recover all the Google Apps. 8)

Hossain

Greeting from Bangladesh

#50 androidinata

androidinata

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:07 AM

Install Troy's gapps Google play works in this. You can uninstall apps you don't need afterwards.

Can i install cm10.1 gapps for this firmware??

#51 manaurys

manaurys

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

Can i install cm10.1 gapps for this firmware??

Yes try the link in first post

#52 keane1980

keane1980

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

For rotation fix try changing ro.sf.gsensorposition=0 to ro.sf.gsensorposition=5. I'm curious how many people this will work for, it works for me and I've seen that it works for others.

Sory, I´m not experienced user. Where I can change it?

#53 basjke

basjke

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

Hi!
After install CM10.1 :
Antutu 5500 - first test,
Antutu 7500 - second test.

You should run at least twice... :)

I get on stock rom 1219 or 0128 Antutu score of +9200, so what is the point of install the cm ?

Is there something I misunderstand ?

#54 Ahsan Khawaja

Ahsan Khawaja

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

I get on stock rom 1219 or 0128 Antutu score of +9200, so what is the point of install the cm ?

Is there something I misunderstand ?

Stock firmware is always a best choice...

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

#55 droid.fan

droid.fan

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

Sory, I´m not experienced user. Where I can change it?

Hi keane1980

Using file explorer go to system folder in root. Look for built.prop. open it with text editor (use ES File explorer it comes with editor) half way down the file.

#56 nomailing

nomailing

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

Is there any possibility to install the official gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip without using the compiled TWRP from Christian Troy?
I am a bit sceptic and don't want to use some unofficial mods/roms or recovery images without having the source code. Why is ainol even publishing a firmware without the google play store? It's kind of annoying to not be able to update to the latest stock fw because it has no gapps included. For me the whole point of a stock fw is to not be reliable on some mods from the community.

I mean, how could I know that there is not malware somewhere in the binary images which are posted here? Please don't get me wrong, I absolutely respect the work of Christian Troy and I am very grateful for what he is doing. It's just that for me personally a mod or a recovery image would be much more trustworthy if there is somewhere the source with build instructions, so that I could in principle compile the binaries myself. I saw the github repos of Christian Troy but I cannot find the TWRP code for the Hero 10... or am I missing something?

It would be very nice if someone could clear that up for me? thanks

#57 shoukat2003

shoukat2003

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

I updated my hero from 1219 to 0128 but disappoint its first bug that i found(wifi icon was not turned into blue and it remains grey, i installed two times this 0128 firmware). Then i plane to convert cyogenmod 10.1. CM 10.1 is good but the return and home keys in centre position are not comfortable to use in this 700 grams tablet.and also found some crashes in applications.
Now in my openion the firmware 1219 is the best, now i want to go back and install 1219 frmware.if there is anyone who can tell me the complete procedure for installing 1219. My first factory firmware was 1115v2.

#58 Ahsan Khawaja

Ahsan Khawaja

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

Is there any possibility to install the official gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip without using the compiled TWRP from Christian Troy?
I am a bit sceptic and don't want to use some unofficial mods/roms or recovery images without having the source code. Why is ainol even publishing a firmware without the google play store? It's kind of annoying to not be able to update to the latest stock fw because it has no gapps included. For me the whole point of a stock fw is to not be reliable on some mods from the community.

I mean, how could I know that there is not malware somewhere in the binary images which are posted here? Please don't get me wrong, I absolutely respect the work of Christian Troy and I am very grateful for what he is doing. It's just that for me personally a mod or a recovery image would be much more trustworthy if there is somewhere the source with build instructions, so that I could in principle compile the binaries myself. I saw the github repos of Christian Troy but I cannot find the TWRP code for the Hero 10... or am I missing something?

It would be very nice if someone could clear that up for me? thanks

If u are coming from 1219 or earlier version then make a backup of ur gapps using titanium or go backup. Keep it on ext sd and then restore in 0128. Hope it works.
Btw can you provide guarantee that stock firmwares are free from any malware :)

#59 Ahsan Khawaja

Ahsan Khawaja

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

I updated my hero from 1219 to 0128 but disappoint its first bug that i found(wifi icon was not turned into blue and it remains grey, i installed two times this 0128 firmware). Then i plane to convert cyogenmod 10.1. CM 10.1 is good but the return and home keys in centre position are not comfortable to use in this 700 grams tablet.and also found some crashes in applications.
Now in my openion the firmware 1219 is the best, now i want to go back and install 1219 frmware.if there is anyone who can tell me the complete procedure for installing 1219. My first factory firmware was 1115v2.

1115v2 is the most stable firmware as of now. However i didnt experience any bug other than rotation in 0128 either.

• shoukat2003 likes this

#60 shoukat2003

shoukat2003

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:31 AM

thankyou for replying, but i dont like the 1115-v2 it is very slow so i have done these steps;

1-copy all firmware 0128 files in sd card,
2-boot into recovery menu and all wipes 3 times.
3-install 0128 firmware 2 times
4.again reset factory setting wipe media and partition.restart
wifi icon is still grey
5-reboot in twrc recovery and install gapps

at this time tab is working good and wifi icon also turned into blue.
I think there is missing something in official firmware and after installing gapps it is completed now .

Edited by shoukat2003, 08 February 2013 - 11:15 AM.