• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 zern

zern

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:22 AM

Hi.
I have batch 3: 121208 with 1119 and batch 2 kernel, so I can freely experiment with firmwares and patches (and TN screen, just for statistics).

My WiFi sleep setting set to "always on".
Tried to use Skype, but always disconnecting after some time in sleep mode - not immediately, but after (I don't know) 10-20 minutes (even if DC adapter is plugged).
Router clearly show that this client (by MAC) is disconnected.

After turning display back on: battery stats show that WiFi was "on", in status bar WiFi status in also "on" with my WiFi point name (but bars are gray), Skype thinks that it connected (but everyone offline).
And seconds later connection is established again.

Tried to use Wake Lock - no effect.
How to fix this?

Edited by zern, 03 February 2013 - 03:23 AM.

#2 droidbaby

droidbaby

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:14 AM

same problem. it was working ok when i was visiting my brother in sg
but when i go home it won't stay on.

Sent from my NovoCrystal using Tapatalk 2

#3 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

As far as I know it is a hardware limitation and Ainol tablets do not support keeping wifi on during sleep. It is possible to set up the tablet so that it won't sleep and wifi stays on even when the screen is off but the battery drains very quickly as if the tablet was on the whole time. You can add a little extra battery life by changing the wifi scan interval in the build.prop but not much.
  • starkler likes this
If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
please consider a donation.
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#4 starkler

starkler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:20 PM

It is possible to set up the tablet so that it won't sleep and wifi stays on even when the screen is off

Please tell me how so that I can receive real time messaging away from the charger.

Edited by starkler, 28 April 2013 - 10:58 PM.

#5 starkler

starkler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:07 PM

fuser-invent has kindly pointed me to the free app 'wake lock' which does the trick if selecting the "partial_wake_lock" setting, which keeps both cpu and wifi awake when screen sleeps. Without cpu the wifi sleeps.

Mine is a batch 2 running Crystal Clear rom

https://play.google....darken.wl&hl=en

He warns of a danger of running battery to zero if you forget to charge or change settings in time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users