3 replies to this topic

#1 MGK001

MGK001

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationNorthern Ireland

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

Actually I spoke too soon, I thought I had it solved but it turns out not.

Apologies if this one has cropped up before, I tried using the search function but got nothing.

This is a cry for help as my wi-fi is not working properly.
The problem is intermitent, sometimes it works fine other times despite seemingly turned on & connected to my router it will just hang when trying to connect the browser or connections would time-out or just never happen.

I'm running the Feiyu 4.12 firmware - very impressed, thanks guys - but this issue was happening with every other I used (Flambe V15, Feiyu 0115 & the latest Feiyu 4.12).
I always followed the instructions wiping the data/factory reset, cache & media partitions but no matter how many times I have tried the patchy wi-fi is always an annoyance.

There's a lot to like about the Fire besides this although I am thinking about the new 9" Firewire afterall (but this time I think I'll wait on the 2nd wave devices. :drinks: )

EDIT

Just been looking at the Ainol site, I notice on the new 9" Firewire they talk about SD micro cards certified to class 4 & 6.
They are looking into class 10 (which IIRC the Sandisk Ultra is).
That might well be the problem there.
I'll get a class 6 card & see & report back (it did play media off the Ultra card without any problems but maybe on initial boot it cause the tablet to stumble & cough?).

EDIT

Sadly no, no change, still a bit hit & miss.

Edited by MGK001, 03 February 2013 - 03:10 AM.

#2 Steve8x8

Steve8x8

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

Are you sure it's the Fire, not your router?
There are some around which don't play very well with Android devices in general...

I have read suggestions to upgrade router firmware, move to a channel <= 11, make your SSID visible...
Did you check whether the channel the router is using is free, or at least not too crowded?
Any sources of pulsed microwaves (which would affect channels around 5)?

#3 BartAfterDark

BartAfterDark

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

What router do you have?

Try updating the firmware on the router and do a factory reset on it. I doubt the problem lays with the tablet, as I haven't seen anyone report the same problem as you.

#4 MGK001

MGK001

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationNorthern Ireland

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:33 AM

Are you sure it's the Fire, not your router?
There are some around which don't play very well with Android devices in general...

I have read suggestions to upgrade router firmware, move to a channel <= 11, make your SSID visible...
Did you check whether the channel the router is using is free, or at least not too crowded?
Any sources of pulsed microwaves (which would affect channels around 5)?

Thanks guys, you were right!
I'd forgotten about channel 11 (I tried that with my Aurora 2 some months ago....changed it from it a while ago).
All working perfectly I'm happy to report' no dropped connections & 100% rock solid.....& this time I waited to be sure before saying it's cured.
Very happy :)