Touch screen not responding

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 mazinya

mazinya

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:41 AM

Well, i was hoping to be lucky was looks like im not. for a week my hero was working fine. now the lock screen wont react to my fingers. i cant unlock it, nothing moves. What should i do?
if it matters, im on stock rom and didnt flash or updated any firmware

#2 MrT2

MrT2

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:50 AM

Did you do a reset (poke a small object in the mic hole)? Is the tablet on a flat hard surface (operating it on for instance your knee, where it can move to much, might be a problem?).

#3 mazinya

mazinya

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:05 AM

Thanks! the reset fixed it,but what if this happens again and more frequently this time? i cant possibly keep resetting it over and over again. Will upgrading the firmware should fix it? or installing CM10 maybe? i was on the opinion that if it works well on stock then i shouldnt try and mess with it

Edited by mazinya, 02 February 2013 - 06:13 AM.

#4 maludroid

maludroid

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:57 AM

Thanks! the reset fixed it,but what if this happens again and more frequently this time? i cant possibly keep resetting it over and over again. Will upgrading the firmware should fix it? or installing CM10 maybe? i was on the opinion that if it works well on stock then i shouldnt try and mess with it

If you don't have it yet, you should definitely load 1219 firmware. Than try custom ROMs if you're not satisfied.

#5 bajie23

bajie23

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:25 PM

same thing was happening when i was on the november firmware, v1115. but not once did it happen on the dec v1219.
after research, it turns out it has something to do with orientation. you will notice that on some points, the dots around the lockscreen will move if you touch the bottom side, it means its responding, but on the wrong points.

for about 3 weeks on original firmware it happened twice, but after i upgraded to original v1219 firmware, it never happened again.

Edited by bajie23, 02 February 2013 - 06:25 PM.

#6 mazinya

mazinya

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:51 AM

Do i need to buy SD card in order to update firmware?

#7 bajie23

bajie23

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

Do i need to buy SD card in order to update firmware?

yes. you one internal, divided into 2. if you update firmware to the latest v1291, and you came from n1115 or lower, it will wipe out the internal, all 16gb of it.

make sure you back up all your stuff.

#8 Bizzong

Bizzong

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

I was given an Ainol Hero 10 for Christmas and i am having the "freezing touch screen" problem. As a silver surfer please could you tell this novice in simple terms how to update the firmware? Thank you.

#9 androidinata

androidinata

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:35 PM

I was given an Ainol Hero 10 for Christmas and i am having the "freezing touch screen" problem. As a silver surfer please could you tell this novice in simple terms how to update the firmware? Thank you.

Here the steps :
1. Download the firmware 1219 or the newer one 0128 (but gapps not included)
2.extract them to your microsdcard.. dont put them into any folder..just put on your root of your sdcard
3. Turn off the hero... and press power+ vol up+ vol min+ home button until you see the green droid...
4. Once you have in recovery mode choose factory reset to wipe your system.
5. Flash the firmware zip you extracted
6.do wipe again.. and reboot...

Sent from my Novo10 Hero using Tapatalk 2

#10 Bizzong

Bizzong

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

Here the steps :
1. Download the firmware 1219 or the newer one 0128 (but gapps not included)
2.extract them to your microsdcard.. dont put them into any folder..just put on your root of your sdcard
3. Turn off the hero... and press power+ vol up+ vol min+ home button until you see the green droid...
4. Once you have in recovery mode choose factory reset to wipe your system.
5. Flash the firmware zip you extracted
6.do wipe again.. and reboot...

Sent from my Novo10 Hero using Tapatalk 2

Thank you so much for taking the trouble to give an understandable reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users