Pipo U2

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cpuken

cpuken

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

Thought I'd create a topic specific for the Pipo Ultra U2...
Surely I wasn't the only one to buy one of these guys.
Nice 7 inch tablet with sharp IPS screen.
My main two complaints are:
1. The Wifi is not what it should be. You cannot stray too far from your router without having the tablet drop the connection. I have completed one Firmware update and that may have helped a little but still the wifi performance is not at a level one would like. Maybe I have a lemon in terms of wifi. If some others can chime in maybe we can figure this out.
2. My 2nd complaint may actually be a positive for someone else... the bezel on this 7 inch tablet is very small. As a result, I have a tendency to have some false touches just from holding the tablet.

I have additional info and links here: http://cpuken.wix.com/t4ag

I did find a good case for it, check it out at the above link also.

Ken
  • srmoska likes this

#2 srmoska

srmoska

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:34 AM

Thought I'd create a topic specific for the Pipo Ultra U2...
Surely I wasn't the only one to buy one of these guys.
Nice 7 inch tablet with sharp IPS screen.
My main two complaints are:
1. The Wifi is not what it should be. You cannot stray too far from your router without having the tablet drop the connection. I have completed one Firmware update and that may have helped a little but still the wifi performance is not at a level one would like. Maybe I have a lemon in terms of wifi. If some others can chime in maybe we can figure this out.
2. My 2nd complaint may actually be a positive for someone else... the bezel on this 7 inch tablet is very small. As a result, I have a tendency to have some false touches just from holding the tablet.

I have additional info and links here: http://cpuken.wix.com/t4ag

I did find a good case for it, check it out at the above link also.

Ken

It's good to hear from people who had bought the Pipo U2.

I bought mine on december 18, and almost 50 days has passed and I'm still waiting it to arrive :( at least it's already in my country and has passed thorugh customs.

It has been kind of hard to get info and reviews. as far as I know most people complain about the wifi and that's all.

Edited by srmoska, 06 February 2013 - 09:57 AM.

#3 fatesausage

fatesausage

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

Anyone know if this is the same as the Nextway F7? Very similar outershell and rumors that it may be.
My Current Tablets:
Renesas Dual/A9 Android 2.2
Rexing V7/Android 4.0.3 (basically a A10 Ployer Momo9)
Cube U18GT Elite--RK3066 Dual Core

Cube U18GT Elite thread

SausageScript for the RK3066 tablets, based on the Cube U18GT 1.06 firmware, still useful for many RK3066 tablets and possibly others

Guide to extended market access, updated on occaision useful for many Android versions

If I helped you, click here to help me, buy me a beer, or some coffee.

SD classifieds
I have a Renesas Rena3 and Momo9 tablets. PM me if you would like to buy one, and I'll give you a deal.

#4 psyflux

psyflux

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

I've got an f7 and the wifi signal strength isnt great. In the same room as the router its only got two bars, whereas my ainol aurora has full signal.
I'm also seeing HDMI issues with the F7. Has anyone else experienced this?

#5 fatesausage

fatesausage

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

I've got an f7 and the wifi signal strength isnt great. In the same room as the router its only got two bars, whereas my ainol aurora has full signal.
I'm also seeing HDMI issues with the F7. Has anyone else experienced this?

I see you already have another post on this tablet, so as to not jack this thread I'll respond on it....

http://www.slatedroi...898-nextway-f7/
My Current Tablets:
Renesas Dual/A9 Android 2.2
Rexing V7/Android 4.0.3 (basically a A10 Ployer Momo9)
Cube U18GT Elite--RK3066 Dual Core

Cube U18GT Elite thread

SausageScript for the RK3066 tablets, based on the Cube U18GT 1.06 firmware, still useful for many RK3066 tablets and possibly others

Guide to extended market access, updated on occaision useful for many Android versions

If I helped you, click here to help me, buy me a beer, or some coffee.

SD classifieds
I have a Renesas Rena3 and Momo9 tablets. PM me if you would like to buy one, and I'll give you a deal.