Tip: Sourcing charger cables for RK3066 tablets

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MikeSD

MikeSD

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:28 AM

Since my U18GT Elite doesn't charge from USB and the factory charger seems pretty flaky, I've been looking for a replacement.

By far the most common plug size for RK3066-based tablets is 2.5 mm x 0.8 mm or 0.7 mm (outer/inner diamater, respectively). This size is often used for generic Bluetooth headsets, and they usually come with a USB to 2.5 x 0.8 charge lead.

You can buy these cables individually (on popular auction sites for example), but they're not that easy to find for a good price, but if you want one, I'd suggest buying the cheapest BT headset you can find instead. The cheapest one on the largest auction site right now is $4.27 with free shipping, and it includes the 2.5 mm charging cable. A lot of sellers charge more than that for just the cable.

I'm not including the links because I'm not looking to plug any particular sellers or advertise, but the auctions should be easy enough to find.

Edited by MikeSD, 01 February 2013 - 10:30 AM.

#2 fatesausage

fatesausage

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:05 AM

I considered one of these not too long ago, but it seemed like that it didn't have near the output of the current charger, so I thought it wouldn't work any better. I've seen another guy take a 5.1 volt charger, modify it, and get better results than the standard charger. It's a real shame that you can't just cut the tablet off when it's charging, you can't charge via USB, these are design flaws that in my opinion shouldn't have ever been.
My Current Tablets:
Renesas Dual/A9 Android 2.2
Rexing V7/Android 4.0.3 (basically a A10 Ployer Momo9)
Cube U18GT Elite--RK3066 Dual Core

Cube U18GT Elite thread

SausageScript for the RK3066 tablets, based on the Cube U18GT 1.06 firmware, still useful for many RK3066 tablets and possibly others

Guide to extended market access, updated on occaision useful for many Android versions

If I helped you, click here to help me, buy me a beer, or some coffee.

SD classifieds
I have a Renesas Rena3 and Momo9 tablets. PM me if you would like to buy one, and I'll give you a deal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users