• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 scoopex

scoopex

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:18 AM

here are two files for swaping the SD-Card. the "re" file is to change it back.
the files are for the batch 3 crystal ONLY!

EDIT:!!!

right, it changes the cards internal, external.
i have done this, because there many large apps on device.

you have to left the external sd-card installed, when not your device will not boot!
i use a 32gb card and THIS is my internal memory. much space left...

when you will do this on a running, not fresh flashed device, you have to copy everything from your internal to external card.
use TWRP (Batch 3) to flash

Attached Files

Edited by scoopex, 31 January 2013 - 06:13 PM.

#2 ZaLiTHkA

ZaLiTHkA

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:56 AM

here are two files for swaping the SD-Card. the "re" file is to change it back.
the files are for the batch 3 crystal ONLY!

What do you mean by "swapping the SDcard"? What exactly does it swap...?

Novo 7 Crystal (Batch 3, 20121218)

#3 scoopex

scoopex

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:11 AM

What do you mean by "swapping the SDcard"? What exactly does it swap...?

the internal to external

#4 ZaLiTHkA

ZaLiTHkA

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

As far as I can tell from my Crystal, after the typical partitions are mounted (/system, /data, etc..) the remainder is mounted as /sdcard. Then if a physical SD card is inserted, it mounts to /sdcard/external_sdcard. Not entirely sure what you'd gain by changing the way in which these get mounted... I'm pretty sure the internal storage (and therefore, the /sdcard partition) is faster than the external SDcard, but I'm sure someone will find it useful. :)

Just a thought, but perhaps it would be an idea to clarify in the OP how you've changed the way these mount, just to avoid confusion. :)

Edited by ZaLiTHkA, 31 January 2013 - 08:42 AM.

Novo 7 Crystal (Batch 3, 20121218)

#5 cherokee812

cherokee812

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

for those confused what this does is change the place that apps are saved fron internal sd to external sd giving you more room and also helps when upgrading your rom so all your data from your apps is there

#6 scoopex

scoopex

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

right, it changes the cards internal, external.
i have done this, because there many large apps on device.

you have to left the external sd-card installed, when not your device will not boot!
i use a 32gb card and THIS is my internal memory. much space left...

when you will do this on a running, not fresh flashed device, you have to copy everything from your internal to external card.
  • ZaLiTHkA likes this

#7 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

Just so you know, this is the exact same method that my ROM uses and also that SoulGem's ROM uses. The code in the vold.fstab for the swap is exactly the same but the swap-back is different. I don't really know enough about it to be able to tell why it was changed or what the difference is. So the swap would work on any batch Crystal and I'm unsure of the swap-back. You should also specify which recovery this is mean to be flashed in. CWM/TWRP or Stock.
If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
please consider a donation.
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#8 scoopex

scoopex

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

Just so you know, this is the exact same method that my ROM uses and also that SoulGem's ROM uses. The code in the vold.fstab for the swap is exactly the same but the swap-back is different. I don't really know enough about it to be able to tell why it was changed or what the difference is. So the swap would work on any batch Crystal and I'm unsure of the swap-back. You should also specify which recovery this is mean to be flashed in. CWM/TWRP or Stock.

i make this with the vold.fstab from my batch 3, because the device was not able too boot with the other file.

#9 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

I have no idea why that would be. I'm looking at the vold.fstab files in the 1119 and 1212 firmware right now and they are both exactly the same and are what I used as my swap-back. The swap vold.fstab works on the batch 1 and 2. I'll test them both out on a batch 3 that I have in my possession for a couple of days and see what happens.

Edited by fuser-invent, 31 January 2013 - 10:38 PM.

If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
please consider a donation.
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#10 Mikepsster

Mikepsster

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

I have no idea why that would be. I'm looking at the vold.fstab files in the 1119 and 1212 firmware right now and they are both exactly the same and are what I used as my swap-back. The swap vold.fstab works on the batch 1 and 2. I'll test them both out on a batch 3 that I have in my possession for a couple of days and see what happens.

Hey there, Im noob, Ive got my crystal 20121218 3.0.8-gcda87f3-dirty chengnan.tan, will the sd card switch work on it please ?? I already had it once on reclamation couse of soulgem rom, so I rather know for sure.

Edit: ok nevermind Ive found more comfortable and better solution: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1410262
It is just a directory bind tool :-) you just bind a directory on external sd to the directory you want on internal sd and everything else remains where it should be.

Edited by Mikepsster, 31 March 2013 - 06:10 PM.

#11 vinc3nt3

vinc3nt3

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:58 AM

Will it works on stock rom???
Please answer me,i need to swap but i don't want to use custom rom

#12 echoaxis

echoaxis

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:16 PM