• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 linuxerwang

linuxerwang

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:49 AM

I got a S21D today (http://www.123inkcar...ct/GT_S21D.html). Picuntu works fine on it, but I found that it consumes more power than other sticks (such as MK802 III). It consumes 4.2w when idle (with monitor off and bluetooth off), while MK802 III consumes about 2.5w (with monitor connected) and 1.9w (with monitor off). S21D has bluetooth and a camera. I turned off bluetooth, but not sure there are other devices I can turned off. I'll use it as a server so I want to turn off all devices I don't use. Anybody know what I can do next?

dmesg output was attached. Thanks.

Edited by linuxerwang, 31 January 2013 - 02:50 AM.

#2 Raymond Day

Raymond Day

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:29 AM

Not sure but the WiFi can take a lot of power. If you could use a USB Ethernet Adapter and turn off WiFi in it my save power. What's your power supply say? They are saying 1 and 2 Amp out put on them. So they can't take more then 2 Amps of power.

Wireless is just sparks the speed or power of them. So that can take some power. Like AM is power and FM is speed of the sparks.

-Raymond Day

Edited by Raymond Day, 31 January 2013 - 04:31 AM.

#3 thcleaner

thcleaner

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:18 AM

you can change the governor of the cpu in picuntu

apt-get install cpufrequtils

for seeing the governor avalible
cpufreq-info

and change it by
cpufrew-set -g governor

#4 Patola

Patola

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

I also ordered one of these. Does it actually have 2 GB RAM? The vendor assured me it had.

#5 Raymond Day

Raymond Day

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:38 AM

I don't think so. When you get it download a RAM type app from the play store and check it. I don't think any of them have 2GB RAM I got one were they said it had 2GB RAM and it don't. They say the factory told them that. So they are wrong. They should read it on the box or get a app to show them.

-Raymond Day

#6 Patola

Patola

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:37 PM

Just for you to know, I sent a message to the seller:

Hi Sir,

I just was made aware in a forum that the S21D, S21H and other sticks in this fashion falsely advertise 2GB RAM as their memory, whilst they have only 1 GB RAM - the 2 GB refers to a partition in their internal eMMC, it seems. Please tell me, is it the case with the stick I bought from you, or when you got the faster and more stable CPU you were able to get the 2GB RAM CPU indeed?

I'm asking that because I would prefer not to dispute this order, even if it 1GB RAM; but if it has 1 GB RAM only, I will just resell it here in Brazil that would be much faster than returning the product. (It has still not arrived, I am following it through the tracking number)

And he/she responded:

My Gril
Mon Feb 11 18:21:15 PST 2013

hi, friend, we send 2GB RAM to you.

So let's hope there is really a 2GB RAM device out there! :)

#7 moofree

moofree

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:04 AM

You could always just... 8) download more ram! yes this is a joke

Edited by moofree, 12 February 2013 - 02:10 AM.

Motorola Atrix 2, HP Touchpad, HP Pre 3, Kindle Fire, JXD S601, UG802, Nook Color, LG Nexus 4

#8 Patola

Patola

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:20 AM

The MK812 is also said to have 2GB RAM - and they put it in bold, which might mean it is real RAM: http://miniandroidpc...phone-bluetooth

#9 Raymond Day

Raymond Day

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

The MK812 is also said to have 2GB RAM - and they put it in bold, which might mean it is real RAM: http://miniandroidpc...phone-bluetooth

I watched the video and looks like it does have over 1GB of RAM. But only 4GB NAND when it says "On-board 8GB NAND flash memory" Here is a little photo of the video on webpage were it shows that info.

Attached File  MK812 real Storage info.jpg   56.09KB   7 downloads

Looks like that's the only place on the web were can order now too. I will wait to see if any one else gets it and they say it has 2GB RAM.

-Raymond Day

#10 linuxerwang

linuxerwang

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

I watched the video and looks like it does have over 1GB of RAM. But only 4GB NAND when it says "On-board 8GB NAND flash memory" Here is a little photo of the video on webpage were it shows that info.

Attached File  MK812 real Storage info.jpg   56.09KB   7 downloads

Looks like that's the only place on the web were can order now too. I will wait to see if any one else gets it and they say it has 2GB RAM.

-Raymond Day

Don't be fooled. That is internal storage. There's no RAM info in Android sys/storage report.

#11 Raymond Day

Raymond Day

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:48 AM

I posted about the 2GB RAM here. They sent me a e-mail and changed they web page to 1GB RAM then!

-Raymond Day

#12 linuxerwang

linuxerwang

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

I posted about the 2GB RAM here. They sent me a e-mail and changed they web page to 1GB RAM then!

-Raymond Day

Repeat my conclusion: there is NO such 2GB tv stick on the world, yet.

#13 sotrydnik

sotrydnik

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

Please give a link to the factory firmware S21D, sbrost or by e-mail, it is very necessary, and then once flashed in Mini PC Kimdecent B12 firmware Public_EN_V411_121224 can not turn on wifi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users