• Please log in to reply
1372 replies to this topic

#561 shoaib17

shoaib17

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:43 AM

Use app like DirectoryBind

It doesn't work. Tried several several methods but always asks me to download data. Followed youtube videos & others tutorial but no luck. It shows binded & gives green signal but actually nothing happens. It may be because of Android 4.2 multi partition? has anyone succeeded?

I desperately want this to work because I am out of storage on my Internal SD :(

#562 jr fakbadi

jr fakbadi

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

It doesn't work. Tried several several methods but always asks me to download data. Followed youtube videos & others tutorial but no luck. It shows binded & gives green signal but actually nothing happens. It may be because of Android 4.2 multi partition? has anyone succeeded?

I desperately want this to work because I am out of storage on my Internal SD :(

it doesn't work on 4.2.x android.there is a script for 4.2.x in xda developers forum.search for it there...good luck

#563 rdis

rdis

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:39 AM

Another battery mod for PA 3MAR.
Based on Rootbox new battery mod,
You'll love this..

1. Circle
2. Square
3. Speedometer
4. Default

All credit to Team RootBox.
  • PaulEBoy likes this
Device History:
- K-Touch U86 / Lotus2
- Novo7 Flame TM-MMA
- ZTE Blade
- Nokia 110
- Samsung SGH E590
- Nokia 6600
- Nokia 2300
- Sony Ericcson T230
- Siemens C45
- Nokia 3350

#564 tech-hero

tech-hero

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:31 AM

Can someone confirm if the Ambient Light Sensor is now working with the latest update of this ROM? TIA.

#565 Shiino

Shiino

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationHide in Italy :P

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:24 AM

question, if I have the happy festival wipes are needed?
I can install it above the happy festival? I do not want to lose my data

one question more :$ , does not work in this rom?

Edited by Shiino, 14 March 2013 - 02:25 AM.

Novo 7Fire - Jelly Bean/4.1.2 - "Happy Festival" [Version Modded - By Mario44]

In play games on the rom: Need For Speed - Most Wanted, N.O.V.A 3, Wild Blood, Dead Trigger, Shadowgun, Mass Effect Infitrator, Dead Space, Aliens VS Depredator, Jetpack Joyride. [For the moment - I will continue testing]

#566 jak456

jak456

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:56 AM

Another battery mod for PA 3MAR.

hi rdis,

I installed the previous circle bat mod (which btw is somewhat flaky, sometimes I still get the old bat icon). Can I just install the new one over the old one or do I need to flash something else ?

tx,

jak

#567 ilam82

ilam82

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

Could guide me step by step to install this rom, I have installed Happy Spring Festival 0130

I am a beginner at Android

#568 Gafanhotz

Gafanhotz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:39 PM

CT, do you have any plans to release an build with the latest upstream sources? There's a lot of new features.

Edited by Gafanhotz, 14 March 2013 - 08:39 PM.

Novo7 Aurora II User - Equipped with AOSPA 3+ by Christian Troy.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (P3110) - Equipped with AOSPA 3+ by Gafanhotz.

#569 eMd

eMd

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:17 AM

this will be a "long term" release, next build will be released after Easter

if you're having audio problems with the new comp zip tell me the issue, i might have forgotten something since I had a ton of things to update for just a change...

i think that will answer your question

mfg
eMd

#570 rdis

rdis

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:42 AM

I installed the previous circle bat mod (which btw is somewhat flaky, sometimes I still get the old bat icon). Can I just install the new one over the old one or do I need to flash something else ?

Yes. On the previous batt mod there's still default battery icon in 0, 15, 28 , 43, 57, 71, 85, and 100 %, i think..
Maybe so does on rootbox version, but can not test right now, i'm on RootBox.

Try THIS over the old one.
RootBox version coming soon.
Device History:
- K-Touch U86 / Lotus2
- Novo7 Flame TM-MMA
- ZTE Blade
- Nokia 110
- Samsung SGH E590
- Nokia 6600
- Nokia 2300
- Sony Ericcson T230
- Siemens C45
- Nokia 3350

#571 jak456

jak456

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:27 AM

[/size]

Yes. On the previous batt mod there's still default battery icon in 0, 15, 28 , 43, 57, 71, 85, and 100 %, i think..

I installed the CIRCLE one you posted yesterday over the previous one. Works fine so far, have not seen the old icon back but tested only for a couple of minutes.
tx

#572 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:37 AM

[/size]

On PA3+ the battery icon can swap out to different dpi's depending on what people choose in the settings. If you do the mod the way you did it and then replace just the default percentages in the other folders you can cover all the bases.
If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
please consider a donation.
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#573 Rohn Oz

Rohn Oz

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:19 PM

[/size]

On 160 dpi the percentage number is hardly visible for me. If you could make it a bit bigger next time it would be great. Thanks.

#574 rdis

rdis

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:12 PM

On PA3+ the battery icon can swap out to different dpi's depending on what people choose in the settings. If you do the mod the way you did it and then replace just the default percentages in the other folders you can cover all the bases.

Yeah I've realized that some time ago, and has been fixed in the latest release.

On 160 dpi the percentage number is hardly visible for me. If you could make it a bit bigger next time it would be great. Thanks.

i don't know if i can do that. Enlarge PNG will not affect. I think the best option is with just the percentage without circle. We'll see..
Device History:
- K-Touch U86 / Lotus2
- Novo7 Flame TM-MMA
- ZTE Blade
- Nokia 110
- Samsung SGH E590
- Nokia 6600
- Nokia 2300
- Sony Ericcson T230
- Siemens C45
- Nokia 3350

#575 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

Yeah I've realized that some time ago, and has been fixed in the latest release.

i don't know if i can do that. Enlarge PNG will not affect. I think the best option is with just the percentage without circle. We'll see..

You can't just enlarge the PNG files but you could work with the pixel settings for icons in the status bar. It's a pain though can cause bugs in the status bar. I personally like the smaller circular battery percentage icons and it doesn't bother me at 160 dpi but if you are looking for a larger text based one, tornade uses a giant one in his ROM Crystal Blue. He had the same problem being able to see the smaller numbers on my ROM's. An alternative of course is Battery Widget Reborn which I use as a lockscreen widget, along with the regular battery percentage mod.

Edited by fuser-invent, 15 March 2013 - 02:41 PM.

If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
please consider a donation.
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#576 Retardo

Retardo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:06 AM

This looks super nice!

I want to try this out, going for EXT4 and multiuser.

Is there any way at all to the prerequisite stock firmware flashed without Windows? I don't have a Windows machine, just Mac OS X and Linux. I tried with a VMware XP machine, but the USB port isn't being properly forwarded to the virtual XP OS. I'm guessing because VMware only forwards recognized devices, and the mode my Fire goes in doesn't turn up as a USB device at all...

#577 wnd

wnd

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

Is there any way at all to the prerequisite stock firmware flashed without Windows? I don't have a Windows machine, just Mac OS X and Linux. I tried with a VMware XP machine, but the USB port isn't being properly forwarded to the virtual XP OS. I'm guessing because VMware only forwards recognized devices, and the mode my Fire goes in doesn't turn up as a USB device at all...

While definintely possible, flashing without SoC manufacturer's tool will most definitely be tricky to say the least. As for virtual machines, I used VirtualBox running on GNU/Linux with Windows XP as guest OS. I haven't used VMWare for years so I can't help with that.

I can't remember the exact details for the procedure, but here's roughly what I did. Proceed at your own risk.

- Turn off the device.
- Make sure USB cable is connected.
- Start watching kernel log, e.g. tail -f /var/log/kern.log
- Power the device holding the required keys pressed.
- Once Linux kernel sees the device (probably 1b8e:c003), enable forwarding this device to guest OS. Windows driver should now recognise the device and keep it in pre-boot environment. Device screen should remain black.
- Create a USB device filter so that the next time VirtualBox will enable the device automatically.
- Start the flash procedure.
- During the flash the Fire's USB device ID will change; watch kernel log, enable new devices and create filters for them. If it took too long to enable the device, flashing will time out and fail. Simply try again. You may have to press and hold power button to power off the device first.
- The last device to appear should be File-backed Storage Gadget. Once you get past this you should be about done and continue with flashing PA from rescue boot.

If your device is similar to mine, you can probably create the device filter prior to running the flasher. My device appears as three different devices (but with just two USB device IDs): 1b8e:c003 and 0525:a4a5, or Amlogic M3-CHIP, Amlogic M7-CHIP and Linux 3.0.8-g841cc85-dirty with dwc_otg_pcd File-backed Storage Gadget [0331].

#578 story

story

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:04 AM

I was using an older version of ParanoidAndroid.
I didn't follow the instructions correctly to upgrade. Now it's stuck on boot logo (ANIOL Logo).
I already try following the instructions again for both new and upgrade but it's still stuck.

What can I do to start over?

#579 Pneuhaus

Pneuhaus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:53 AM

Is there zip file to change build prop back to Nexus 7 from SG II? Was hoping to have access to a couple of apps such as Marvel Heroes, Bubble Witch Saga and Mystar television but made no difference.

Edited by Pneuhaus, 17 March 2013 - 02:47 AM.

#580 Retardo

Retardo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:51 AM

While definintely possible, flashing without SoC manufacturer's tool will most definitely be tricky to say the least. As for virtual machines, I used VirtualBox running on GNU/Linux with Windows XP as guest OS. I haven't used VMWare for years so I can't help with that.

I can't remember the exact details for the procedure, but here's roughly what I did. Proceed at your own risk.

That's pretty awesome, wnd, thank you for that!

My Linux box doesn't run a DE, so getting VirtualBox on it isn't feasible ATM. But, you inspired me to examine if something similar wasn't possible with VMware, and it turns out it is

It even supports writing bus paths, so that I can just pick up anything that is plugged in to a particular port! Unfortunately, in practice, it doesn't play too well with the Fire. It has this strange connect-immediate-disconnect cycle it goes through, and my virtual XP never gets to say "dong ding" and prompt for drivers.

Oh, well, it spent all night yesterday clearing a 2.5" external drive so that I can put it in an old semi-broken laptop and put XP on it. Almost there, so that's what I'm gonna do — seems safer, anyway ;)

But I'd like to thank you for letting me know about this feature in both VBox and VMware — I already have a couple of usecases for it :)

Cheers,
R